closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Best places for watches in Hong Kong?

Best places for watches in Hong Kong?

Am currently in Hongkers for a few days before heading onto Thailand. The AD in the mall attached to my hotel had a Pelagos which came to £3200. No discount available. That's pricey!

Where are the best places in Hong Kong to buy watches?

Incidentally I got upgraded to a suite on the sole basis of wearing a Ulysse Nardin which I bought off SC this week. UN seems to be the brand 'de rigeur' here judging by the adverts everywhere. The concierge was a WIS and gave us the suite because its his favourite brand lol!

I would recommend the basement mall of the Holiday Inn in Tsim Sha Tsui where they have several watch shops. Here is a link with more info: http://www.deskdivers.com/Site/ShopsHK.html

Depends what you're after!

There seems to be a Tudor/Rolex/Omega dealer on every corner and a 'regular' shop every 50 yards.

The biggest collection of pre-owned shops that I've seen is in the Sino Centre in Mong Kok (on the main Nathan Road that runs down to TST).

Literally hundreds of shops, but you'll not find any bargains. The exchange rate kills it, plus discounts are slim with the mainland locals swinging in to buy everything. Great place though!

Yep, turns out at least 10% more expensive than the UK (although was able to get hard-to-find-in-the-UK models like Patek 5711, PAM 424 very easily). Notable exception was Sinn - was offered 40% off!!!!!

You probably won't be able to break through 20% or so on HK prices, which is like a 5% discount against the UK price. Once upon a time you could smash the UK price but between the fall in sterling and the influx of mainland Chinese into HK that's no longer.

Great for browsing though... they've got more stock lying around Causeway Bay than all of the UK, by my reckoning.

I would say that a handful of brands it may make sense to bargain for - Chopard, Bulgari, and others which don't usually discount.