closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2013 TZ-UK Fantasy Formula 1

FFS thanks to missing the above link to the new site I've missed editing the team for six effing races! No wonder I've dropped about ten slots LOL

A paltry 12th position for me - obviously I'd have won if I'd fixed the above mistake earlier!

See you boys next year

Craftsman
    6th for me was looking good for the podium for a good part of the season.

See you all next year

Thanks Paul for sorting this out again, a much better site then last years.
    Last edited by Banjo; 24th November 2013 at 21:17.

Up to second at one point, which by using my skill and judgement I managed to convert to 11th at the end of the season. Obviously, I suffered from the tyre changes mid-season. Or something.

Thanks again for setting this up, Paul. Same again next year?
    Although no trees were harmed during the creation of this post, a large number of electrons were greatly inconvenienced.

Congratulations to Scarface_1 ( Reza ) on winning the 2103 TZ-UK Fantasy Formula !

For much of the season Reza was in the top 5 globally and the highest placed rookie. Lost out a bit in the final races but still an exceptional result. Keke F1 Racing not just held on to the runners-up position but powered forward, managing easily to finish in the top 300 globally.

The rest of us were considerably further back, but not for want of trying ! So congratulations to all those who stayed the course. I believe, even after the set up challenges and mid-season vanishing act, this was the best fantasy F1 yet. I hope the site remains for next year.

Get your V6s tuned gentleman, for 2014.

Paul

Master
    9th I'm happy with that

A completely unexplainable 4th has got me well chuffed! Thanks to Paul, look forward to righting the balance next year and finishing a karmatic last!

Assuming the site is running next season, I'll kick off another league. If I understand it correctly, those that played this year will no longer be rookies and thus entitled to more options ( ERS for example ) and money.

Paul

Was happy to be 8th - got better towards the end.

Next year is going to be hellishly difficult to predict the early front runners what with all the new regulations.

Should be fun.

Thanks guys,

Quote Originally Posted by Tokyo Tokei View Post
    Assuming the site is running next season, I'll kick off another league. If I understand it correctly, those that played this year will no longer be rookies and thus entitled to more options ( ERS for example ) and money.

Paul
    More money is obviously all that's required in Formula 1. Do we get to keep the change if we don't spend it all?

Anyway, well done to the top finishers. I was hampered in the late races by making my selections too early, and once I'd made the three changes allowed I was committed to them. And I'd picked Kimi ahead of the US GP!

Next year looks like a complete lottery! I'll be paying close attention to pre-season testing.
    Although no trees were harmed during the creation of this post, a large number of electrons were greatly inconvenienced.

Very enjoyable and exciting season! Congratulations to Scarface, we just couldn't match his race pace.

Congratulations also to Paul for winning the league cup and defeating me by one point!! I must confess that I was calculating the points as the race went on . I reasoned that my chance was to hope Grosjean's early retirement and after it happened everything seemed better until my driver Pic retired too. After the race I thought we ended up with a draw, but you managed to score one point more (of course you would have won anyway because you did your team changes earlier than me).

Thanks for hosting Paul and thanks also to other team managers too!

ps. There might be different point system for next season.
    http://www.pfrl.net/FantasyF1/1/For_...LA=En&UID=1817

2023 10th Anniversary Reboot

I had a break from all this, but a colleague has setup a public league for this year, so for those interested in finding their inner Horner:

- http://www.purefantasyf1.net/En/

- Either login (my credentials from the old pfrl site worked) or create an account.

- Make at least one team.

- Then add it or them to the Public League “GPGuide-2023

Note: I changed my settings to “Pro” from “Expert” - I got a bit overwhelmed by all the “Expert” settings. I think the only difference between “Pro” and “Amateur” is that the latter gives you some team selection suggestions.

For those new to this who may not know what the fantasy F1 thing is, a quick recap:

You have a limited budget to pick car, engine, manager and drivers. Then you watch each week as they crash out disappointingly. In the unlikely event that your Latvian ace driving a Lada Speedymatic with Learner plates scores some actual points, you get more money for the next race. But he probably won’t, and you will lose interest almost immediately.

Master
    Looks like fun. Will give it a go.

I'm sure that my grandson will be keen to relive his first experiences of both computing and F1 by entering a team again as soon as I let him know.

Are you still involved in GP Guide at all?

Lovely picture. Start them young. He'll be programming his own GPS clocks in no time.

Quote Originally Posted by petethegeek View Post
    Are you still involved in GP Guide at all?
    The website I was involved in was wound up some time ago, concluding my involvement. The app continues, run by my colleague / mad F1 fan / watch collector, the one who set up this league.

I am once again “Speedmaster” in the 2023 league, and have entered two doubtless-doomed teams…
    Last edited by Tokyo Tokei; 6th February 2023 at 10:45.

For those interested in honing their Horner and tooting their Toto as a Formula one (fantasy) manager, you have 22 days before the first day of practice!

A view into the 2023 challenge

Team Manager Costs:

Driver Costs:

Car Costs:

Engine Costs:

You only have 80M to play with initially (until/unless you win more during the season) so you have to be brutal with your selections. You can change selections with no penalty prior to the season opening, after that you have limited options. And engines wear out too, and lose performance. Remember to guess the fastest race time for each race.

Joining details somewhere earlier in this thread, or summarised here:

Quote Originally Posted by Tokyo Tokei View Post

- http://www.purefantasyf1.net/En/

- Either login or create an account.

- Make at least one team.

- Then add it or them to the Public League “GPGuide-2023

For those new to this who may not know what the fantasy F1 thing is, a quick recap:

You have a limited budget to pick car, engine, manager and drivers. Then you watch each week as they crash out disappointingly. In the unlikely event that your Latvian ace driving a Lada Speedymatic scores some actual points, you get more money for the next race. But he probably won’t, and you will lose interest almost immediately.