closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2013 TZ-UK Fantasy Formula 1

It was a lot easier last year, wasn't it?
    Although no trees were harmed during the creation of this post, a large number of electrons were greatly inconvenienced.

I think we need a new Concorde Agreement !!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Backward point View Post
    It was a lot easier last year, wasn't it?
    Do you need any support or clarification?

Quote Originally Posted by MaverickF1 View Post
    Do you need any support or clarification?
    Yes can I change my selection ? A quick scan through the rules suggests that this is possible ? But when ?

Quote Originally Posted by oldandgrumpy View Post
    Yes can I change my selection ? A quick scan through the rules suggests that this is possible ? But when ?
    Yes, you are able to change 3 team components prior to each race. The pitlane closes when the 3rd free practice session starts (in about 35 hours for the Malaysien Grand Prix). The countdown is displayed on the header of the PFF1 site.

It's enough time to watch the 1st and 2nd free practice sessions. That could be helpful for your decisions.

Who was good in the wet in the Barcelona test? That may end up being pertinent information for Malaysia.

Yes, you are able to change 3 team components prior to each race. The pitlane closes when the 3rd free practice session starts (in about 35 hours for the Malaysien Grand Prix). The countdown is displayed on the header of the PFF1 site.

It's enough time to watch the 1st and 2nd free practice sessions. That could be helpful for your decisions.

Thanks for the advice and tips. See if I can get up the board now

Results are up. A good week for my Space Trek team.

http://www.pff1.net/Index.asp?LA=En

Seems that I'm consistently average :-(

Ah well.

Cheers,

Master
    My hopes crashed out with Di Resta, but an engine change to Merc from the first race helped, and today I've installed Brawn to manage my team.

Well my switch to Force India chassis & engine didn't go too well.

I'm currently third, which is a mystery, but I'll enjoy it while it lasts. I may have improved even further, but I swapped Jean-Eric Vergne, who finished 10th yesterday for Valtteri Bottas, who finished eleventh. In preparation for China I've swapped the Renault engines in the Williams for the Mercedes in the Force INdia, in the belief that the team will sort out the wheel attachment problems before the next race, and the Force India has good straightline speed, which will help in China.

I may restore Vergne to the team, as he seems to be good value. Has anybody chosen Webber?

Regards

Ian
    Although no trees were harmed during the creation of this post, a large number of electrons were greatly inconvenienced.

Journeyman
    Well it looks like my team name was appropriate. 1st race it was the Hulk...and this race it was Force India.

The other teams I created are all doing better :)

I'm currently third, which is a mystery, but I'll enjoy it while it lasts. I may have improved even further, but I swapped Jean-Eric Vergne, who finished 10th yesterday for Valtteri Bottas, who finished eleventh. In preparation for China I've swapped the Renault engines in the Williams for the Mercedes in the Force INdia, in the belief that the team will sort out the wheel attachment problems before the next race, and the Force India has good straightline speed, which will help in China.

I may restore Vergne to the team, as he seems to be good value. Has anybody chosen Webber?

Regards

Ian
    Yup subbed him on for Button. Would love to say there was some sage wisdom behind the decision but it was based on some NIB that was on the BBC website that Mclaren were going to struggle for a bit and he was the next cheapest driver in the list...still turned out nice!

Can anyone shed some light on what the missing! means next to the below in the scoring parts?

PRED. QUALIFYING POS. DRIVER 1: missing! (Mark Webber) 0 0
    PRED. QUALIFYING POS. DRIVER 2: missing! (Max Chilton) 0 0 0
    PRED. QUALIFYING POS. DRIVER 3: missing! (Nicolas Prost) 0 0
    Thanks.
    Ed

Quote Originally Posted by eduk View Post
    Can anyone shed some light on what the missing! means next to the below in the scoring parts?
    Your Qualifying position predictions for your drivers are not carried over to the next race. You have to make your predictions prior to each race.
    This is also valid for the fastest race lap time guess.
    My teams page -> [Edit team]

Your Qualifying position predictions for your drivers are not carried over to the next race. You have to make your predictions prior to each race.
    This is also valid for the fastest race lap time guess.
    My teams page -> [Edit team]
    Thanks for the clarification!

Chopped Bottas for Chilton and dropped Whitmarsh, funded Horner and Merc engines. Bring it on!

Champagne! Champagne for everyone! Very happy with my result, pole position and a 3rd place only 1 point behind the winners. Did all three changes but it gave me only 3p better result than without the changes. I nearly went for the Force India, but luckily choose it only to my other teams.

I've done some analyzing like "The Professor" would have done and in my opinion, there is no single good strategy to pick the team components. Some choose top drivers and lower-end car components while others choose just the opposite. I think bonus points give way too much "free" points, imo 2-3 points per guessed qualifying position would be better than 5p. I figured that one strategy where these bonus points are good is when you choose lower end drivers (Marussia, Caterham) because it is easier to predict their qualifying positions, usually 18-22. You can then save your money and buy top car components and get bonus points.

Round 3 results are up. An average week for me; once again, I was let down by a Nico (Rosberg this week).

Webber did his level best to scupper my team (principal Christian Horner and Vergne as my 2nd driver) so, once again, average.

This is getting predictable.

Cheers,

Sitting on the dock of eBay, Queensland, Australia

2013 TZ-UK Fantasy Formula 1

This is good fun, when it starts going your way!

Started off a lowly 20th after Australia but studied the figures and have steadily improved (with a fair dose of luck; thought Alonso was going to take this one but didn't switch to him in the end) to where I'm now rounding out the top ten and only 3 points off the boys battling for the final place in the League Cup Top 8. The top boys keep pulling away though.

My team budget is now 93 million. Second only to F1isntdull on 96m.
    [Edit: Think I could be talking LOB here; some showing last weeks budget and others, who've edited their team already, are showing current budget]
    More than half of that is now due to Vettel.
    The choice has to be made whether to switch tactics and use the Vettel dollars elsewhere. If I did though, would I ever be able to afford to buy him back?

Agree with Keke's findings that the grid place (correct guess) of 5 points is probably a bit too much. It does make Q1 all the more exciting though watching the positions of the last six or so!
    I switched to Bianchi this week partly because he had been Mr. Consistent qualifying in 19th for each of the first three races so I thought I could easily pick up 5 points. Then came free practice and mixing in 'outside' drivers and I started to stress. Plumped for putting him in at p20. Think he was p19 again in FP3, after the cut off, but got my points when it came to qualifying.

I may be sad but I think I'm enjoying the races more too. I would never before have cheered on Vettel.

The one thing I'm really not sure of is when to use the Option tyres. Will there be circuits that they outscore the Primes? Or is it a case of just minimising your losses?
    Last edited by Emeister; 22nd April 2013 at 11:43. Reason: Too many numbers - frying my brain.

Master
    A great race for me, Team yugo are storming up the table, soon to fall back down I suspect.

My team has completely blown up.... Not helped by a DNF from Vergne.

I think that I should sack this whole pretence that I know anything about F1 thing.

Cheers,

Master
    Well on the back of my great performance I have made some changes already for the next race, including a new boss, a new second driver and a different tyre option.

Have made a couple of changes to my team - mainly appointing a better (more expensive....) 2nd driver and changing to a decent chassis!.
    Hoping that it will start to lift me up the table a bit!

Could do with a few mor $$ in the bank to up the engine budget a bit.

I've made a few changes to my team as well, also I've looked more into qualifying positions and the fastest lap time.
    Cue worst result so far probably...
    Last edited by westy; 22nd April 2013 at 20:18.

My team management and executive decision making is resulting in a steady fall down the league with each race.

Billions of Blue Blistering Barnacles!

Congrats to all the top scorers! My team failed miserably... Massa=fail. Toro Rosso=fail. Option tyres=fail. I thought Lotus and Ferrari would be in the strongest position to win the race hence I chose the option tyres.

Looking at the statistics about the tyres shows that prime tyres have been strongest in qualifying (Red Bull and Mercedes), so even when option tyres won at Australia and China (Lotus and Ferrari), options only managed to get even points with primes.

Have you guys figured out what this means? It is from the rules http://www.pff1.net/FantasyF1/1/FF1_...D=&LA=En&ID=-1

"The component costs will be adjusted without a modification of the total team budget values. Only the cash balance of the teams will be altered. This can lead to a negative cash balance. The team owners should change their teams to get a cash balance >=0."

Quote Originally Posted by Keke View Post
    Have you guys figured out what this means? It is from the rules http://www.pff1.net/FantasyF1/1/FF1_...D=&LA=En&ID=-1

"The component costs will be adjusted without a modification of the total team budget values. Only the cash balance of the teams will be altered. This can lead to a negative cash balance. The team owners should change their teams to get a cash balance >=0."
    Currently, the cash balance figure is the Total Budget figure, minus the sum of the component costs. When they adjust manager, driver, chassis and engine costs, they are not going to change the Total Budget figure to compensate. So Total Budget stays the same, but the sum of the components costs changes. The cash balance figure is still Total Budget minus sum of components, so you can now get a negative cash balance.

Quote Originally Posted by Keke View Post
    This scenario will be applied only after race 3 when components are extremely undervalued. There was no reason to make an adjustment this year. The rule exists because of the outstanding performance of Brawn GP back in 2009. They started as cheapest team in PFF1 and became world champion. That ruined the game play completely, because PFF1 isn't really exciting without tight budgets.

Thank you Gordon and Maverick for the explanations. I thought that the rule works like Gordon explained but when I spied looked at some of the top teams and tried to calculate the cash balance, I could not get it right. According to my calculations there should have been minus balance but none of the teams showed it. Well, that is now explained

Nooooo! The site's been pulled, sometimes the nuggets at F1 legal just go too far, ffs!

Yeah, just read the email - how bloody stupid!

I'd forgotten that I'd even entered it...

I was just lining up a late run for the title as well!

The last site was pulled as well. Formula 1 is very keen to protect its' rights, isn't it?

Anyway, just letting you know that if it hadn't been pulled, I'd have won. My erratic and frankly lamentable performance so far was just to lull you all into a false sense of security.

Craftsman
    Noooo, I was in 4th and only a couple of places away from 3rd.

This is poor news.

Sorry for picking yet another doomed league. If I understand it correctly, the guy that has been running this site for years and years, has never made a cent from it. Speaking personally, it gave me more incentive to follow the races. Which is more money for Bernie.

So, a guy who needs no money and seemingly doesn't give a hoot about the sport, bullies a guy who makes no money and loves the sport.

It seems unnecessary.

Spare a thought for our own league leader too ... a watch fanatic, an F1 fanatic ( he runs gpguide.com ... note the only ad on the site is for a watch brand ! ) who was ranked 6th overall out of all competitors - and the number one placed rookie.

Thanks to all for playing. It was fun while it lasted.

Paul

Nooooo, why Bernie why!?! You already have your millions, why deprive this from us?

It definitely was fun while it lasted and thanks to Paul for setting up our league.

1st place was definitely unattainable for the rest of us, but it would have been a tight race for the 2nd and 3rd places.

I've just had an email to say that it's going to be back for Singapore! The site owner can't make the necessary changes for Monza, but it's still going!

Just read that too - great news!!!

Lol a quick bung fee to Bernie! Yay!

Craftsman
    Just read the email to great news, only missing one gp.

Great news indeed! Curious to know what kind of miss-spelled component names he invents.

It's back at a new URL : http://www.pfrl.net

Names have changed. My manager now works for a team called "Rat Pull"

Paul

Great. They miss out the only race where my star driver Hulkenberg does really well.

All right a late update as we approach the penultimate race.

Soaring away in the lead and surely uncatchable is our own league "Vettel", Scarface_1. Well, the man who set up and runs GPGuide ought to have some F1 knowledge I suppose . Not a member here to my knowledge but I know he happens to love watches too. Further down the table, like this year in the actual sport, it's all much closer. Quite a few are still in with a chance of a podium finish. This year's Max Chilton award for Min Points is also seeing some lively competition.

Two races left then, good luck wherever you are in the league.

Paul

Yep, Scarface has unattainable lead and my goal is to maintain the 2nd place and win the League Cup . We may face each other in the final Paul .

Quote Originally Posted by Tokyo Tokei View Post
    It's back at a new URL : http://www.pfrl.net
    WTF just noticed this, been trying to access the old locked site for a couple months LOL LOL

Am I thick, or can we not update the team structure now?

Quote Originally Posted by GraniteQuarry View Post
    WTF just noticed this, been trying to access the old locked site for a couple months LOL LOL

Am I thick, or can we not update the team structure now?

You'll be able to make changes for Brazil a few hours after the finish at Austin.

Having been committed to Kimi for this race, I'm not looking forward to seeing the league table when it's updated!

You'll be able to make changes for Brazil a few hours after the finish at Austin.
    Of course, I forgot everything's locked up during race day! Cheers