closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tudor Heritage Black Bay

Tudor Heritage Black Bay

Hi there. I am after the above watch on leather strap brand new and wondered if anyone here could point me in the direction of where to buy one with reasonable discount, but also who can ship one here in pretty good time. Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxyadam View Post
    Hi there. I am after the above watch on leather strap brand new and wondered if anyone here could point me in the direction of where to buy one with reasonable discount, but also who can ship one here in pretty good time. Thanks in advance.
    I received one today from Iconic watches, they are Uk based and buy this model in to order. I was lucky as they had one incoming when I made my enquiry. So from initial enquiry to receiving it was less than a week. It's a lovely watch and you won't be disappointed.
    good luck searching

Check out chrono24 the German dealers .

Quote Originally Posted by Tenko View Post
    I received one today from Iconic watches, they are Uk based and buy this model in to order. I was lucky as they had one incoming when I made my enquiry. So from initial enquiry to receiving it was less than a week. It's a lovely watch and you won't be disappointed.
    good luck searching
    Lucky guy. What price did you have to pay if you don't mind me asking???

Thanks for replying too.

Lucky guy. What price did you have to pay if you don't mind me asking???

Thanks for replying too.
    Check out their website for current pricing. www.iconicwatches.co.uk. Speak to James or Chris and see what they can do. It was less than the euro to pound conversion at today's exchange rates so probably about 10% off.

Master
    Where are you based? A friend of mine also used Iconic watches and found them very good.

http://www.iconicwatches.co.uk check out their web site, prices are good.

Based in sunny Shropshire.

Good watches? Better than a Bremont MBII???

Master
    Based in sunny Shropshire.

Good watches? Better than a Bremont MBII???
    I would prefer one to a bremont any day.

Tudor Heritage Black Bay

IMHO the Tudor Black Bay is so good it is tantamount to treason to even try and get a discount. Even if it is possible the watch is so fabulous that it isn't fair to discount it - it may hurt its feelings :)

This watch is too cheap even at RRP. I love mine so much that even if it had been £5k I would have stumped up the readies. It is by far my favourite watch that I have owned. It's one that's even nicer in the metal.

I now own both the Black Bay and an MB2. Both superb watches but pound for pound, the BB is a better buy IMHO.

By the way, I didn't negotiate a discount, I paid the price that Iconic were asking...Which happened to be very good.

Master
    Iconic prices are excellent, but I believe they are still willing to haggle. It doesn't hurt to ask.

Blog Entries
    Can anyone remind me of the RRP on the Black Bay, please?

Quote Originally Posted by markrlondon View Post
    Can anyone remind me of the RRP on the Black Bay, please?
    2470 euros was on the hang tag in my box, not sure if this is current RRP. Mine came from Italy by the looks of it.

I now own both the Black Bay and an MB2. Both superb watches but pound for pound, the BB is a better buy IMHO.

By the way, I didn't negotiate a discount, I paid the price that Iconic were asking...Which happened to be very good.
    The Black Bay is phenomenal value. As much as I like the MB2, there is no comparison in terms of value. Dial quality, case quality are great, and it's from Rolex. Unbeatable

David

Iconic are selling it with an rrp of £2000, Im sure it was £1800 last week which would be the 10% discount. A bargain, would love to try one on.

If anyone's in the London area and wants to catch up for a coffee I am more than happy to bring my Black bay on leather strap for you to look at/try on etc. Although be warned - this WILL lead to you going back and making a purchase as the watch is so lovely in person

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    If anyone's in the London area and wants to catch up for a coffee I am more than happy to bring my Black bay on leather strap for you to look at/try on etc. Although be warned - this WILL lead to you going back and making a purchase as the watch is so lovely in person
    Hey what a kind offer. May thanks, may just take you up on that.

Tudor Heritage Black Bay

Quote Originally Posted by mc5 View Post
    Iconic are selling it with an rrp of £2000, Im sure it was £1800 last week which would be the 10% discount. A bargain, would love to try one on.
    I paid £1800 for mine with Iconic. And agree with what was mentioned before about the price, I think that they could definitely charge more and get away with it, the number of comments it gets especially when I mention the price are amazing.

Malc

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post

Yes please !!!! .. I'm in London, office is in Brick Lane area and Flat by City Airport .. can I pay you lunch or a pint ? I'm very interested in getting one of those but need to check it out in person :)

Whats your availability ? I'm also around on weekend !

Quote Originally Posted by NullMind View Post

Yes please !!!! .. I'm in London, office is in Brick Lane area and Flat by City Airport .. can I pay you lunch or a pint ? I'm very interested in getting one of those but need to check it out in person :)

Whats your availability ? I'm also around on weekend !
    If you have your pint in Browns you wont do much watch looking, just watching

Quote Originally Posted by jimboy View Post
    If you have your pint in Browns you wont do much watch looking, just watching
    LOL !

Forget the watch....if a visit to Browns is involved I'm free!
    It has to be 15 years since i've been there...amazed it's still going.

ps. I've played with a Black Bay in an AD in Thailand....you won't be disappointed.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Browns is still going

I used to work in Clerkenwell, (pre trendy-mid eighties>) and Shoreditch was a frequent lunchtime visit spot. Browns was however just a scruffy strip joint in those days.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowman View Post
    Browns is still going

I used to work in Clerkenwell, (pre trendy-mid eighties>) and Shoreditch was a frequent lunchtime visit spot. Browns was however just a scruffy strip joint in those days.
    Aaah the memories!
    I worked in the area in the late 80's....I remember Browns as the sort of place you wiped your feet on the way out!
    Sounds like it's changed...might just have to check out the changes...purely for the sake of the forum of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Malcolm68 View Post
    I paid £1800 for mine with Iconic. And agree with what was mentioned before about the price, I think that they could definitely charge more and get away with it, the number of comments it gets especially when I mention the price are amazing.

Malc
    This is what I paid but I noticed last night that the price was slightly more so I don't know if they've realized that they are too cheap at £1800 or it's just an admin error? Anyway, I was very happy with the price that I paid. Good service from them too.

I see a couple of you are interested in seeing the watch in person - PM me and we can sort something out

PM'd

Blog Entries
    2470 euros was on the hang tag in my box, not sure if this is current RRP. Mine came from Italy by the looks of it.
    Thanks. That's on leather, correct?

Banned
    Blog Entries
    If its £1800 on the leather then why on earth they dont get it into UK Ads is a mystery. They could more or less destroy omega SMO and Breitling colt market share within weeks.

Come on Rolex. Sort it out!!!

Master
    Looking like a BB London GTG, couldn't we widen this a bit more for a spring/summer meet-up. Just a thought, Black Bays or not. I'd be up for it.
    Cheers.

Craftsman

Tudor Heritage Black Bay

I recall the swing tag on my BB (bracelet version) was Eur2740 at end of last year.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by donny View Post
    I recall the swing tag on my BB (bracelet version) was Eur2740 at end of last year.
    Thanks.

Master
    I also am chasing one of these, not long til the funds are in place now! Another month, I can hardly wait!

I'm more tempted by the Pelagos... and Iconic have a great price on that too.

Tell me more about this Browns place?

Tudor Heritage Black Bay

I got my BB from Germany on the bracelet and ordered the strap and clasp as additions. Came to about £2.5k overall after currency conversion. No discount as I had had it on Order from June and it was delivered in December! It is just a lovely watch with great build quality and i agree that they could properly charge more for the watch as it also comes with a fabric strap as standard.

And just for comparison with other straps etc

In comparison to the Bremont MB II, I also own both and they are very different but complementary watches. They are certainly stand out as favourites in my collection. However, I would say the MB II is more robust when it comes to knocks etc due to the hardening to the case and the lack of polished surfaces!

Not matter which you pick you will be delighted.

Tudor Heritage Black Bay

I'm hoping to pick up one if these soon, if I choose a bracelet version anyone know how much the strap and buckle will cost extra?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by shinzomaeda View Post
    I'm hoping to pick up one if these soon, if I choose a bracelet version anyone know how much the strap and buckle will cost extra?
    I bought my BB on a bracelet as the deal was the better value. I then ordered the leather strap and clasp from local Rolex AD last year at £300. Strap is here - clasp still to come. In hindsight, aftermarket may have been easier and cheaper but I wanted originality.

Tudor Heritage Black Bay

Quote Originally Posted by donny View Post
    I bought my BB on a bracelet as the deal was the better value. I then ordered the leather strap and clasp from local Rolex AD last year at £300. Strap is here - clasp still to come. In hindsight, aftermarket may have been easier and cheaper but I wanted originality.
    Thanks donny, that helps a lot.

Miles

Craftsman
    Replying to this thread must have helped my luck - just had a call from my AD saying the clasp should be with them this afternoon. After three months wait I may have a strap on my BB this weekend

I must say that I was a bit disappointed with the leather when checking it out here in Sweden.
    Thought it felt a bit cheap and thin. Heard others say the same also.
    My advice is to buy it with the bracelet and order the strap separately.

I never realised the BB was so cheap! Well, 'cheap' in relative terms. Very good value, indeed!
    I can't make up my mind whether I prefer the BB or the Pelagos. The BB is great in a classic way but the Pelagos is it's own thing, a different twist on the classic dive watch.

Master
    The more I stare at this thread the more I 'need' a Tudor (unlike some, I like the BB and the Pelagos).

<ponder>

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Me too. Sounds like a splendid idea.

Blog Entries
    Been admiring these for a while now and am going to have to seriously look into getting one soon, awesome watches and really impressed with the build quality and heft.

Quote Originally Posted by Coops365 View Post
    I'm more tempted by the Pelagos... and Iconic have a great price on that too.

Tell me more about this Browns place?
    www.browns-shoreditch.co.uk It could be very amusing to see a bunch of guys looking at their wrists instead of the stage for the whole lunch hour.

Journeyman
    Very nice watch especially with the leather strap! Pelagos or Black Bay? Tough one...

Master
    Thats a tough one, love the fact the pelagos is titanium, but the black bay is just so pretty! Plus I like the crown on the black bay a lot.. bit different in terms of looks, still functional but looks that bit different without the crown guards

Apprentice

bracelet

It's a better deal to get it on a steel bracelet.

Guys, these are always in the local dealer Wempe when I am out working in Germany. I am next out there on April 27th so if anyone wants a Black Bay or Pelagos PM me and we can sort something out.

Tudor Heritage Black Bay

This is a great looking piece indeed, sounded out interest from non-watch folk in office today and there is a lot of admiration for this design, well done Tudor. And thanks (not) to the OP for making my 'want' list longer still ;)