closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Heads up seiko black monster

Heads up seiko black monster

Craftsman
    And on a bracelet at that!

its about the same price as creation if you catch them with a favourable exchange rate.

talking of which .....http://www.creationwatches.com/produ...003b-3740.html nice looking watch
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

Nice finds! Stop heavily persuading me to spend money!

£6 cheaper than Creation and from Amazon - Buy it !!

Just ordered one of these!

Was torn between the BM or an SKX007, can't argue with that price for the bracelet version :-)

Absolutely the right choice goregasm...

Simon

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by speedypro1111 View Post
    Yes, that's from ToughWatches, via Amazon. I ordered a SNZH59 from them last week at the same price. As long as they deliver, these are good deals.

Thanks for the heads up! I bagged the orange for £130 so if it arrives fine then it's a great price. The black dial is very smart but I don't have a coloured dial just now so that swung it for the orange!

Craftsman
    Perhaps clearing out old stock, have this style of monster now been replaced with a new improved version.
    Alot of watch for the money, I had one on a bracelet once, watch out you dont lose the very small washers/collars when you size the bracelet.

Master
    ...I've just weakened and bought an OM as well.

I blame you lot.

But, I don't have an orange watch and I can't currently justify an orange-bezelled PO and I can't find a s/h 3-hander, orange-figured Lum-Tec.

So, it'll do nicely, thanks!

Master
    You can get a further 20% off by signing up to Amazon UK's clothing store e-newsletter here (it works...trust me!). I did so yesterday just before ordering a new G-Shock and received a discount code by email almost instantly, I then cheekily unsubscribed after placing my order

Quote Originally Posted by MST View Post
    You can get a further 20% off by signing up to Amazon UK's clothing store e-newsletter here (it works...trust me!). I did so yesterday just before ordering a new G-Shock and received a discount code by email almost instantly, I then cheekily unsubscribed after placing my order
    One step ahead of you haha! Bagged my BM for less than a ton, fingers crossed delivery will be without issues

thought the 20% was only on items sold by amazon an not other sellers?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MST View Post

Wont work with this purchase though will it? I've just tried.

Quote Originally Posted by adzman808 View Post
    plus one

Master

Heads up seiko black monster

Sorry guys, serves me right for trying to be a penny pinching clever clogs...

Quote Originally Posted by adzman808 View Post
    Sorry, should've elaborated.. Used a different code on my amazon account

Cool

For anyone who bought one ,I'm glad I could help ...
    I didn't post the link until I bought one myself though :-))

Craftsman
    Has anyone dealt with tough watches before? Are they reputable? I can't find any other info on them but I really really want an orange monster!!

Joe

Master
    The deals go through Amazon, so there won't be any risk you wouldn't get your money back if they didn't deliver. It might take a while, but you wouldn't need to claim via your credit card company.

It is a bit strange how the 'numbers available' stays the same, and also how long the delivery date is for an (allegedly) UK-based operation. However, it may just be that they've done a deal with a conventional supplier to take their residual stock of the last model, so there are several stages in the system. I'm not bothered as long as they come through eventually.

Nice find and thanks for posting it up. I also found the chap in NL so will likely use the 007 as an base to play with. For the money it seems like a good price.

Just looked on Amazon this morning and the price has gone up to £199.95!

Good timing!

Edit :

Oops! Was looking at the wrong seller lol, seems like 'toughwatches' has sold out.. Either way, a bargain at the price paid
    Last edited by goregasm; 25th February 2013 at 09:55. Reason: still asleep!

Master
    cheap watch at that price - no worry for import duty either :)

Quote Originally Posted by goregasm View Post
    Oops! Was looking at the wrong seller lol, seems like 'toughwatches' has sold out..
    Nope. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Seiko-SKX779...785645&sr=1-22

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Got my dispatch email through this morning, I am hoping it doesn't take the 4 weeks that the delivery is estimated at though!

Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    Thats the rubber version though isn't it? Original was on the bracelet..

Not that its an issue, Mine will probably go on a NATO anywho.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by BadgerUK View Post
    Perhaps clearing out old stock, have this style of monster now been replaced with a new improved version.
    Alot of watch for the money, I had one on a bracelet once, watch out you dont lose the very small washers/collars when you size the bracelet.
    I absolutely second that. I'm trying to source some replacement collars at the moment!!

Ordered one!

After thinking about it all weekend I took the plunge last night and ordered one! Glad i did now seeing this thread!
    Has anyone got any experience with Tough Watches? I am also hoping it does not take a long time to turn up. Had a dispatch note this morning so hope it is not too far away!!!

Quote Originally Posted by apm101 View Post
    I absolutely second that. I'm trying to source some replacement collars at the moment!!
    I took the greatest of care last week adjusting the bracelet. You think you have all bases covered, then, ping, off one goes. Luckily I had an old industrial magnet as big as me hand. Swept the carpet for ages with it. Eventually found it, lucky. If you've bad eyes and sausage fingers those pins are a nightmare.

Tough Watches dispatch from Singapore according to their blurb.

Just a shame there's no whist faced. Unless I'm missing something.

Fish

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunce View Post
    Tough Watches dispatch from Singapore according to their blurb.
    Yes, or HK apparently, but some of the feedback messages say they come to the UK via Sweden. Presumably that's how they avoid passing on VAT and duty to thee and me (well, as far as I can see they do, anyway).

Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    Just a shame there's no whist faced
    thats the seiko e-ink you need

Quote Originally Posted by seikopath View Post
    thats the seiko e-ink you need
    LOL! Very sharp.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Quote Originally Posted by drmarkf View Post
    Yes, or HK apparently, but some of the feedback messages say they come to the UK via Sweden. Presumably that's how they avoid passing on VAT and duty to thee and me (well, as far as I can see they do, anyway).
    I've been trying to see where they are being sent from as I've been given a tracking number but not who the carrier is. Fairly useless if I want to see the status of my order!

Quote Originally Posted by Andybhoy View Post
    I've been trying to see where they are being sent from as I've been given a tracking number but not who the carrier is. Fairly useless if I want to see the status of my order!
    I use the (free version) of an app called "Parcel" on the iPhone. As you enter the tracking number it tries to guess the courier from the tracking code format (and the last two letters if applicable). In this case it gets it as (understandably) Swedish Post (also with a bit of Singapore thrown in).

Mine appears to have left Sweden (hopefully to England!).

....and yet again, they are not dsending abroad!

Can't decide whether to pull the trigger or not on this.
    It works out about £15 cheaper than Creation, has anyone ordered and recived from Tough Watches before?

Quote Originally Posted by wisemoth View Post
    I use the (free version) of an app called "Parcel" on the iPhone. As you enter the tracking number it tries to guess the courier from the tracking code format (and the last two letters if applicable). In this case it gets it as (understandably) Swedish Post (also with a bit of Singapore thrown in).

Mine appears to have left Sweden (hopefully to England!).
    Cheers for the reply. I've downloaded it and typed in the tracking ID but it doesn't seem to be finding anything which is a bit annoying. Guess I'll just have to sit tight and hope it lands!!

Craftsman
    They still seem to be saying only one in stock! not sure how true this is, maybe a ploy to make you pull the trigger. Nearly worked on me but then realised I have no need for this!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by neillp View Post
    but then realised I have no need for this!
    Shum mistake, shooorly???

Damn you! I've just ordered a shiny new 007 from there.

My 1st TZ-UK related watch purchase. Not too expensive but as they say, from small acorns and all that... Part of me (perhaps my wallet...) may regret ever finding this forum!

Master
    My SNZH59 has arrived about 10 days after the order was placed

All looks fine, although there are some interesting stickers & clues...

It came from someone called Irene Tng in Singapore (allegedly) and via Sweden. There's a yellow sticker describing it as "Goods not fulfilling the conditions prescribed by Articles 9 and 10 of the Treaty establishing the European Economic Community" and a customs label describing it as a 'gift' of value US$14.00.

Now, to be honest, the US$ value is hard to read, and could say 149 or even 178 dollars, but I do wonder if this is (I'm no expert on this) effectively a way of making Amazon responsible for any losses rather than ToughWatches or thee and me.

Anyway, all's well so far, so I hope my OM arrives as safely soon, along with everyone else's on here.

Master
    Forgot to mention - comes with a real-looking full set, including a very kosher-looking guarantee card etc. The packaging is reasonable.

Forgot to mention - comes with a real-looking full set, including a very kosher-looking guarantee card etc. The packaging is reasonable.
    Any details on who the delivery company is? My details say "Sent by Registered Mail" which is pretty generic and a tracking number which is untraceable (so far). Predicted delivery date of 27th March.

Let's live in hope.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunce View Post
    Any details on who the delivery company is? My details say "Sent by Registered Mail" which is pretty generic and a tracking number which is untraceable (so far). Predicted delivery date of 27th March.
    The wife received the delivery, so I don't know - the label just says 'Registered Mail' too. My predicted delivery was up to the 23rd March.

The wife received the delivery, so I don't know - the label just says 'Registered Mail' too. My predicted delivery was up to the 23rd March.
    Thanks for that.

Mine arrived today..

Despite my concerns about 'maybe' receiving the rubber version, it's on the steel bracelet :)

Packaged well, albeit slightly dusty inside the box? I've given the monster a rinse and she's shining beautifully!

I hope everyones elses deals are going smoothly. Thanks for the heads up!

Cool

Update .....
    My new seiko monster arrived today ....very good service

Mine arrived today too! With the mysterious yellow sticker about an EEC Treaty...

Thanks to OP.