closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Car Keyless Entry/Ignition

Forget Keyless go's I have just moved an old Focus that came in PX around the yard out the back, jumped out to move something else and tried the door 5 min's later only to see it's locked with the keys bangling in the ignition

Now lets see if my skills with a coat hanger are still there

Quote Originally Posted by ally View Post
    Forget Keyless go's I have just moved an old Focus that came in PX around the yard out the back, jumped out to move something else and tried the door 5 min's later only to see it's locked with the keys bangling in the ignition

Now lets see if my skills with a coat hanger are still there

An hour later I am in

Journeyman
    Hmmm... I tried this on my Prius, didn't work :) The car actually knows the keys are inside of the car so when I tried to lock it, the car just beeps.
    Same thing on driving the car without the key. It just says on the dashboard "Key not detected".

Master

Car Keyless Entry/Ignition

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk280 View Post
    Where is the symbol, on the dash?
    Not starting the car without purpose so will look tomorrow. Popped out and tried to start without key & the entire digital base of the speedo shows a symbol saying key module not in car & key crossed through.

Believe the sat screen also shows the key image crossed through with similar message.

Short of steering wheel being badly adjusted to read all of the binnacle, I still fail to see how it can be missed. We worried about it before the car arrived, but its so visible we haven't worried once since it arrived.

Where is the symbol, on the dash?
    On our X5 it's a screen filling message with an associated 'bing bong' on the sat nav screen that periodically repeats itself.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Master

Just checked mine this evening for you, 2012 F10 5 series, HUGE picture on sat nav screen, and below speedo, alongside loud bong noise.

Would suggest that dealer had second key in his pocket, or shouldn't have been driving!

Thanks guys, I genuinely don't think he had the key as he was the dealer driver and had done several drop offs that day. And he seemed genuinely surprised. But of course he may have had another key.

The F10 is a great car either way, we're just about to put an order in for the touring version.

Master

Thanks guys, I genuinely don't think he had the key as he was the dealer driver and had done several drop offs that day. And he seemed genuinely surprised. But of course he may have had another key.

The F10 is a great car either way, we're just about to put an order in for the touring version.
    You will love it! Such a capable car, the only hard part is deciding which toys!!

Pro sat nav with HUD is the main toy we're getting, the options soon add up!

Master

Pro sat nav with HUD is the main toy we're getting, the options soon add up!
    HUD, very nice, wish I had done it given unlike my E60 I can see where the module would be reflected in the windscreen.

The pro nav is extremely good, shame I don't like in a city with 3D buildings to see it very often.

Re: Car Keyless Entry/Ignition

Got my first keyless entry today: a Ford Grand C-Max. You still have to press the button to lock it, though I haven't looked in the manual yet.

Craftsman
    Got it in the Focus that we bought last year - so far, so convenient.