closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: RAF Seiko 7A28 question

RAF Seiko 7A28 question

Hi all,

I've just bought myself a nice RAF Seiko, the early 7A28 version... I've acquainted myself with all the features via an instruction sheet for the 7A38 movement, in which it mentions you can get the main chrono second hand to act as a normal second hand by depressing 'button B (start/stop)' when the subdial second hand reaches 60.

However I'm not having much luck with this method; does anyone know if it can be done with the 7A28 movements?

Cheers,

Andy

Here's the correct file for that movement:

http://www.tz-uk.com/7A28A.pdf

You can print it by clicking on the link or download it by right clicking on it and selecting "save target as". You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader installed.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Thanks for that Eddie, an interesting read. The operations manual I found seemed to suggest you could make the chrono second hand function as a normal second hand without running the chrono, but on re-reading it I can't see how this is the case. Perhaps an instance of poor translation?...

Andy

It's a long time since I had one of those and without it in my hands to play with, I can't offer any suggestions - sorry.

Foggy might be able to help but he's not been on the forum for a while.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Craftsman
    Hi,
    Think you will find that you start your chrono' when little second hand is at 60. Then when the chono has timed 30 minuits, the minuit and fraction of a second counters stop, leaving the second hand going, which you started in sync. with second hand telling the time. So you now have a large second hand (but the small one will still be going as well.)
    hope this makes sense :roll:
    MIKE...

Foggy might be able to help but he's not been on the forum for a while
    Sorry - I've been away in Florida, but I'm back now.

Mike's reply is also my understanding too. The 1/10th second counter does indeed stop counting, after 10 minutes have elapsed. I imagine this is the "feature" being discussed.

Best Regards

Foggy