closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Rolex theft from Ernest Jones Exeter

Rolex theft from Ernest Jones Exeter

Apparently a number of Rolex watches were stolen from the Exeter High Street branch of EJ at 9:00 this morning. One member of staff was injured and police are looking for three men.

BBC News link

I never understood this as they cant exactly get any real value for them due to them now being on the register, more money would prob be obtained by breaking down for parts.

Quote Originally Posted by jnash123 View Post
    I never understood this as they cant exactly get any real value for them due to them now being on the register, more money would prob be obtained by breaking down for parts.
    I was surprised to find out that high end pieces (very HE) change hands for around 50-60% of their appraised value when it's known that they are stolen.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by wajhart View Post
    Apparently a number of Rolex watches were stolen from the Exeter High Street branch of EJ at 9:00 this morning. One member of staff was injured and police are looking for three men.

BBC News link
    Had they ignored the the three men earlier who had intended to buy?

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Pox View Post
    Had they ignored the the three men earlier who had intended to buy?
    lol - are they sure it wasnt the Burlington Arcade!

... Which explains why, when I went in to make a semi impulse purchase of a submariner they had absolutely nothing in stock other than a deep sea diver. I then thought about an omega po but nothing was available. The surprising bit was that there was no offer of getting one in and they only seemed to have 2011-2012 catalogues. Do people think that they get worse service wearing jeans with toddler in tow or was that just my misconception?

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    Do people think that they get worse service wearing jeans with toddler in tow or was that just my misconception?
    Yes, the HE shops don't seem half as willing to even try and make a sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Alessandro View Post
    Yes, the HE shops don't seem half as willing to even try and make a sale.
    That's a shame as they probably would have had one less watch stolen. I think I'll try a different dealer for my purchase.

Master
    I actually get better service with either of my daughters or both. I had the eldest with me the other day to buy a watch for her and the sales people could not have been any nicer to her.

Master
    When I bought my Sub, the shop had two people entertaining my kids. ;) I even have a drawing made by one of the shop assistants!

As a follow-up to the Exeter "Ernest Jones" robbery, the perpetrators were jailed today - but the watches have never been found.

- Exeter's Ernest Jones Rolex raiders jailed for robbery

And in other news, it seems there may be a spate of watch thefts across Devon...

- Braunton man stole cheese, meat pies and a watch after drinking.