closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Rolex Have Cut Back Production - Temporarily..

Master

Rolex Have Cut Back Production - Temporarily..

On the back of this thread: http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.ph...-Sport-watches and folks mentioning that some dealers have no Rolex sports watches... Rolex are changing manufacturing facilities and have been since before Christmas. There's a lack of some models in some places right now, but they plan to up production this year...according to a reliable source.

So, if you're looking around and can't find what you want, don't pay a premium right now, just hold off!

My money's on there being a price increase just before new stock starts coming through!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by robcat View Post
    My money's on there being a price increase just before new stock starts coming through!
    Highly likely. Whether justified or not is another question!

Rolex are very clever when it comes to this. More watches are going out to China as they are spending more at the moment. Demand will grow in the UK then you'll find once demand hit fever pitch prices will rise

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by ally View Post
    Rolex are very clever when it comes to this. More watches are going out to China as they are spending more at the moment. Demand will grow in the UK then you'll find once demand hit fever pitch prices will rise
    Yep, and what little chance of a discount you had, will also completely disappear in the shorter term

Master
    Intrigued that people are saying some dealers have no sports watches. All the Essex based dealers I know have shed loads of sports watches in the windows. Pretty common for them to have one of each Milgauss, Explorer, Sub and a GMT in my experience.

I can't believe Rolex would leave themselves to be low on production due to their manufacturing facilities.

Quote Originally Posted by funkstar View Post

I can't believe Rolex would leave themselves to be low on production due to their manufacturing facilities.

I dont believe that also but they may keep production / allocation low to keep prices high

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ally View Post
    I dont believe that also but they may keep production / allocation low to keep prices high
    Or they could keep production high and prices high :)

Craftsman
    Intrigued that people are saying some dealers have no sports watches. All the Essex based dealers I know have shed loads of sports watches in the windows. Pretty common for them to have one of each Milgauss, Explorer, Sub and a GMT in my experience.

Plenty in Cardiff as well as per my visit at the weekend

Quote Originally Posted by Reapercushions View Post
    Yep, and what little chance of a discount you had, will also completely disappear in the shorter term
    Owners don't want them discounted any more than Rolex do, hurts the residuals ;-)

Digger
    Last edited by theoriginaldigger; 11th February 2013 at 19:27. Reason: typo

I suspect rumours of a shortage are greatly exaggerated
    Gray

Rolex Have Cut Back Production - Temporarily..

Same in Surrey - I've never seen so many, not since I started looking back in 1988. IMHO the prices are now officially stupid, and the watch of choice among youngsters seems to be a Casio digital or a smartphone. I bought my first Rolex (a new 5513) when I was 20, and it was about a months salary - what average 21 year old earns the equivalent of £6k a month now?!
    And even if you did, you'd be saving the money to put down as a deposit on a flat, not on a watch. Suddenly I get why casio's are back in fashion!

Journeyman
    Not sure if it's related but the latest edition of Watchtime magazine had an article about the opening of Rolex's new movement manufacturing facility in Bienne. 3 years in construction, it opened at the end of last year. All mechanical movement production to be centralised in this facility. I'm just wondering if they suffered a few delays.

Mike

Craftsman
    could that be the cause of the recent robbery of the Rolexes from Ernest Jones??

Some watch nuts could not bear to wait...?

:)