closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: England v Scotland

England v Scotland

Anyone else watching this, or more to the point any English married to a Scot like here.........I see some blood being spilled if she keeps calling the Scots on

I'm English and my GF is Scottish, just got back home after being out for part of the afternoon just in time to see England score a try, score currently 14/8

GF is still out, will try not to rub it in when they lose...

16-8 now but early days!

What a kick

Who thinks DM will be making his own tea tonight if Scotland lose

19-11 and she aint happy so I will say it again NINETEEN TO ENGLAND ELEVEN TO the little guys.........thats me making my own tea..........

Come on England
    “Don’t look back, you’re not heading that way.”

GF's just got home, and England have just scored again, 24-11.

She's ignoring me.

England kicking some Scottish ass now...........beans on toast looking good

Quote Originally Posted by CardShark View Post
    GF's just got home, and England have just scored again, 24-11.

She's ignoring me.

Ignore her mate.........I am now, got beer and beans

Chinese takeaway for me

Craftsman
    if england lose from 26-11 then they need a serious rething, especially playing at twickers having hammered the all blacks lately. i can see england winning the 6 nations this year, beating wales at the minimal stadium!

Craftsman
    We're doomed.. Am off for a pint

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by nosher View Post
    We're doomed.. Am off for a pint
    if you're doomed i'm sure you are off for a wee dram of whiskey!

Journeyman
    What about me - born in England but lived 48 out of 49 years here in Scotland!!

Who to support ?

Only 1 team SCOTLAND !!!!!

Blog Entries
    Now 31-11, game over asaIac.

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoDave View Post
    What about me - born in England but lived 48 out of 49 years here in Scotland!!

Who to support ?

Only 1 team SCOTLAND !!!!!
    You are English man so grow a set and support E N G E R R L A N D.............. 48 YRS counts for nowt

England v Scotland

Who cares? It's just a bunch of overgrown men running round a field with an oddly-shaped ball. (I gave up supporting most Scotland 'ball sports' teams years ago...)

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Dangermouse64 View Post
    You are English man so grow a set and support E N G E R R L A N D.............. 48 YRS counts for nowt
    it's allover england win

I normally dont watch anything that includes a ball, TdF and Giro and TOB are my forte but today we kicked ass, now I gotta put my tea on............beans on cheesy toast anyone

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cornish View Post
    it's allover england win
    38-18

Chinese now ordered

That was a very satisfactory result

Master
    Very enjoyable!!!

Edge of the seat a lot of the time - and two gifted tries to Scotland.

And she cooked tea............proper result, now bring on the beer

Master
    good game - all those guys are getting really fit - none of the usual "beer bellies" anymore

why are the frogs favourites this year?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by BillN View Post
    good game - all those guys are getting really fit - none of the usual "beer bellies" anymore

why are the frogs favourites this year?
    who says they are favourites? i think england will win, not that i'm partisan in that prediction, but they look pretty solid right now.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by cornish View Post
    who says they are favourites? i think england will win, not that i'm partisan in that prediction, but they look pretty solid right now.
    it said on the telly that they were favourites!!!

they did make a few "simple errors" today .......... and I would like them to win and support them

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by BillN View Post
    it said on the telly that they were favourites!!!

they did make a few "simple errors" today .......... and I would like them to win and support them
    what do the pundits know, eh? france lose their discipline too easily when things don't go their way, they are hot-heads...... and end up giving away too many penalties.

england's performance wasn't perfect today, but i can see them coming away with the grand slam, based on wales dire performance against ireland at home. if england win away at ireland, the grand slam is on. that will be the toughest game of the tournament.

England tend to wobble a bit in their first game of any tournament, and made a few schoolboy errors today. Luckily we were only playing Scotland.

Ireland away next, which could be a tricky one. France at HQ will very much depend on which French team turn up. Wales? Reigning champions, but can't remember the last time they won. They came back strongly against Ireland today, but they had a shocker of a first half.

Having three home matches this time will give England a good chance of taking the Championship, and they showed some promise today. Iron out the indecisive kicking and knock-ons and they'll be hard to beat. A cracking debut for Billy Twelvetrees as well means that Tuilagi may struggle to get his place back. When England can afford to have the likes of James Haskell, Danny Care and David Strettle on the bench, there's not too much to worry about.

Regards

Ian
    Although no trees were harmed during the creation of this post, a large number of electrons were greatly inconvenienced.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Backward point View Post
    England tend to wobble a bit in their first game of any tournament, and made a few schoolboy errors today. Luckily we were only playing Scotland.

Ireland away next, which could be a tricky one. France at HQ will very much depend on which French team turn up. Wales? Reigning champions, but can't remember the last time they won. They came back strongly against Ireland today, but they had a shocker of a first half.

Having three home matches this time will give England a good chance of taking the Championship, and they showed some promise today. Iron out the indecisive kicking and knock-ons and they'll be hard to beat. A cracking debut for Billy Twelvetrees as well means that Tuilagi may struggle to get his place back. When England can afford to have the likes of James Haskell, Danny Care and David Strettle on the bench, there's not too much to worry about.

Regards

Ian
    plenty times england have gone to ireland and come home with their tail between their legs. even when england have been on form. so it's not a given that they will win over there.... ireland need to be given respect and play accordingly. but not too much respect.

nothing to worry about. they are a strong team and have proven already they can beat the best of the southern hemisphere teams. it's all to do with discipline. england can be sloppy at times and it showed 12 months ago, that's why they didn't win the 6 nations last year.

Just got home from Twickenham, not an inspiring game, but Farrell was solid as usual

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by jukeboxs View Post
    Who cares? It's just a bunch of overgrown men running round a field with an oddly-shaped ball. (I gave up supporting most Scotland 'ball sports' teams years ago...)
    I think I would if I was Scottish :-)

Going to collect my £40 quid from my Scotish Step father and my Uncle who is Half Scotish......I know that makes me 25% a jock but more importantly 75% English... Come on.

They played well yesterday