closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Any Silent Witness fans??

Master
    Blog Entries

Any Silent Witness fans??

Still not sure what to make of the new series.

The new chap seems to make it far more CSI than Harry did (despite the absurdity of his adventures in Budapest), with his gung-ho attitude, lack of respect for the Police (and doing their job for them), which is.... "different". Not saying bad, just different.

And Emilia Fox snogging someone is highly distressing!!!

I have this series recorded but not yet watched. I was a great fan until the last series when the traumatic scenes shown in the penultimate episodes, which were so far outside the remit of any forensic team, meant I turned it off and deleted the final episode. I will try the new one, just to see, but I don't need my stomach turning into knots over what is a straightforward police-style procedural.

Master

Any Silent Witness fans??

Gone from watching every series to not bothered now that Harry has gone.

Used to really enjoy it but it overstepped the mark from the characters being pathologists to being CID inspectors who ride rough shod other the law, the police (making them all look dimwitted), and in the current episode most likely the government / MI5.

It's just got a little too absurd for me now.

(Though Fox is still looking very ... errrr ... Foxy!)

The things the path team get up to are so laughably removed from real life that Harry Potter looks like a documentary in comparison.
    I am sure that if foxy Foxy left I would stop watching it

It's went from escapist viewing to escape from viewing. Been getting a thumbs down generally over on other forums.

Was....

Watched the first episode, and a bit of the second, won't be bothering again.

The focus on the friction, and rather absurd arguing between the characters is a little silly.

K

Quote Originally Posted by keitht View Post
    The focus on the friction, and rather absurd arguing between the characters is a little silly.

K

But Keith, that's "sexual tension" & page 1051 of the "Directors' Guide To TV Drama" clearly states that:

"The possibility of sexual congress between two characters is infinitely preferable for the viewer to watch.

Such items as plot, continuity, congruity, timescale & location are extraneous when there is possibility that, either,
    a female character will get her charlies out, or a male character will get his arse out.

These events do not have to actually occur: the planting of the seed that either MAY happen is enough to ensure your
    audience will watch your turgid soap opera/procedural/historical drama to the (very) bitter end, hoping for a vicarious
    cheap thrill.
    I'm not a fan of Emelia Fox anyway...

Quote Originally Posted by DS3R View Post
    Still not sure what to make of the new series.

And Emilia Fox snogging someone is highly distressing!!!
    The fact she's presently doing it with Marco Pierre White is doubly so. Have you smelled those Knorr Stockpots? - more than a whiff of the 2.30 at Lingfield Park if you ask me.

As stated by those before me...

I used to watch it but have only managed one episode this season. I just wonder when chappies fighting skills will come into play.

Bucking the trend...

I'm quite liking this series. Yes, suspend belief regarding their remit and how far outside the box they operate. However, I'm liking the less graphic autopsy arrangements. Is Ms Fox a Black Widow? Pity the fool that gets close to her. He ends up on her cutting table!

Master

Fallout

Thread revival! Fallout. Brilliant. Has Sam tuned to the dark side? You'll have to watch it!

Age has not diminished my admiration for the delightful (though giraffe-necked) Ms Fox; however she will be mortified to hear that she has a rival.
    That Afro-Caribbean new assistant is absolutely gorgeous.

I still chuckle about the extended remit of pathologists. The one I used to deal with in the 1960s was more likely to revive his patients than leave his necrotic comfort zone.

Witless Silence?

Use to be a big fan. Following the last few series I feel the program has run it’s course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Blog Entries
    We watch it but it’s getting a bit silly now with them seemingly involved in all aspects of the investigation and the personal links to the suspects.

Master
    I was thinking that. They seem to be doing all the detective work and the police just turn up to hear what evidence they’ve found.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Blog Entries
    I watched it in years. Really enjoyed the first few series with Sam Ryan/Amanda Burton years ago. Watched an episode recently. It seems to be disappearing up its own...