closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How long before you rotate your watch?

Master

How long before you rotate your watch?

Having more than one watch, I wonder what is your habit of rotating through them? One for the week and few the weekend? Different one each day? Never and leave them BNIB.

I find that I spent a long time setting up each watch, with my OCB! Time has to be correct and markers stricking accurately. That is why I only change after 2-3 days! It also enable me to check the accuracy.

Every day. And choosing which one to wear is often the most difficult decision of the day! :D

I change whenever I fancy something different on my wrist. Sometimes every day, sometimes every couple of weeks.

Master
    It depends on my plans. I can sometimes wear several over the course of a day (much to the annoyance of her indoors!). Other times, I may wear the same one all week.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by adesmith View Post
    I change whenever I fancy something different on my wrist. Sometimes every day, sometimes every couple of weeks.
    Yep, the same as this.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by o u t a t i m e View Post
    Every day. And choosing which one to wear is often the most difficult decision of the day! :D
    Wow, Do you fancy doing a job share?!

I change my watches often depending on mood/circumstances/activities & i can get through several watch changes a day. Today for example it was a Mudman (to start at the gym), then a vintage Lanco for a few hours in the office & onto a Pammy 183 for this evening. Unless on holiday i rotate them often as they were bought to be enjoyed & worn & i want to enjoy them all. You wont find any of mine hidden away in a safe.

Blog Entries
    I usually wear a different watch each day. I greatly enjoy choosing my watch each day, as it happens. ;-)

Craftsman
    Though it saddens me to admit this - at the weekend and in the comfort of my own home I do frequently where one on each arm.......... at the same time.

There, I've said it now.

without doubt everyday sometimes twice a day.wish my sex life was as frequent!

I tend to match it to what I'm wearing. So it's one watch for smart wear (suits) Monday to Thursday, another watch for smart/casual on Friday and more casual watches over the weekend.

Different one each day

Everyday usually.

At least 2 a day :-/

Usually wear something different each day, and also sometimes swap over during the day as well

Malc

Quote Originally Posted by tim2012 View Post
    Having more than one watch, I wonder what is your habit of rotating through them? One for the week and few the weekend? Different one each day? Never and leave them BNIB.

I find that I spent a long time setting up each watch, with my OCB! Time has to be correct and markers stricking accurately. That is why I only change after 2-3 days! It also enable me to check the accuracy.
    I tend to wear the same watch (steel bracelet) during the week then go for a leather strap at the weekend for a change.

I used to be a different watch each day bloke unless there was some restriction
    (for example motorcycles and huge watches don't work for me, or going on the lash wearing a Rolex ).

Maybe I'm getting lazy but now I find I'll wear the same watch for up to a week at a time - currently a nice little Seiko 5 I put on last Thursday ....

Sometimes I change after a day, and sometimes I wear the same watch for months.

I wear whichever one has just arrived in the post.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MuRph77 View Post
    I wear whichever one has just arrived in the post.
    That is a very good one. Must remember it! So does the postman drop by more than once a day?

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by o u t a t i m e View Post
    + 1 It is one of the first things that goes through my mind ............... sad I know but hey it's an addition, right?

I normally manage to restrict myself to just two different ones each day!!!!

Craftsman
    Usually choose a different one each day from 3 Seiko quartz chronos for the office cos I can pick one and go, but at weekends Ill pick one of my autos and enjoy having the time to set it up properly etc.

Grand Master
    I put one on and forget about it for anything from a week to 3 months then I get prompted to replace it with something new from the box, if its a Panerai I change strap / bracelet most once a week maybe less
    RIAC

Depends on my mood. Sometimes I'll go a whole week with the same watch, other times I change watch twice a day.

Normally my AT during the week and something more special on weekends

Craftsman
    Probably about 5 days or so. We have a casual dress policy at work, so I don't really have watches for work and watches for casual wearing. My Steinhart OVM tends to get the longest wrist time.

No pattern really...depends what I'm doing. With my older mechanicals though once the time needs adjusting I take that as nature's way of telling me a rotation is overdue!

I have a daily work watch which gets a fair old battering, one which is for general days/nights out and a half decent watch for the finer times.
    All the others are gathering dust.

Banned
    Usually on a weekly basis but when wearing natos the strap often changes daily

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Generally one watch for the day and another for the evening.

Some get left out of the loop for a while. I don't feel that I have to wear them all. It is still nice to have certain watches even if I rarely wear them.

Normally every day, except in that honeymoon period for a new arrival.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Journeyman
    Almost always the same watch Monday-Friday, then whatever tickles my fancy for the weekend. It's part of my Sarurday fun, changing and deciding which to pick :-)

Same as what has been said, It depends on my mood at the time or maybe the occasion. I have also gone to pick out a particular watch intending to wear that for the day and In doing so have come across a different watch which then has taken my fancy and have ended up wearing that one.

A more worrying aspect for me was that the last watch I purchased from SC was tried on then placed somewhere in the house though since then, (beginning of Dec 2012) I have not seen it and cannot find it anywhere - old age!

Keith.

Change almost every day on a fairly strict rotation, whichever is next on the winder gets worn.

Master
    Strangely 5 times a week... I will often wear the same on Monday-Tuesday, another Wednesday-Thursday, then there is a Friday edition, the Saturday playmaker, and the Sunday lazyboy!

One week, random selection.

I have 2 to rotate as beaters and it really depends on which one I find first in the morning

I don't normally wear a watch after work as part of the chilling out process but like to try out new incoming when applicable.

Tomorrow this will get a try

regards
    T

N 28 deg, 31' 18.4902 W80 deg 33' 40.035"
    When I get bored with it... sometime a few hours, sometimes three years....

whenever i want, could be everyday, 2-3 days, a week, but not much than this

Probably once every week as I have plan to wear each and every one as a kind of maintenance exercise but eventually few have only a couple of tens of minute of wrist time.

I also skip adjusting the date/day for the reason above.

Once you have more than a dozen, then maintenance shouldn't be an issue over ten or more years..

Craftsman

Saturday morning tends to be 'watch change day'. I wear 4 watches in rotation and a week each is perfect for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh B View Post
    Usually on a weekly basis but when wearing natos the strap often changes daily
    Spot on for me too. Just changing a nato is all I need to do rather than the watch itself but generally rotate my watch every week.
    “Don’t look back, you’re not heading that way.”

Blog Entries
    Daily and beaters for the weekend.

Craftsman
    My watch box is right next to me in my home office, so if i'm working from home, I've been known to go through all of them! (8 in my collection)

However if I'm out for work, it tends to be one of a choice of 3 'smart' watches. At weekend I choose one of the other 5 that are more casual ones.

I tend to choose from each 'pool' depending on what I wore last time and I do have some favourites i keep coming back to.

Master
    Normally every few days... but sometimes I can go a couple of weeks without changing over.

once every week

Craftsman
    About once a month but sometimes a bit longer if its the 1675 or 1680's turn as adjusting the date is a slow process for these.

ian

It tends to be at least a few days for me - unless I'm wearing something very different. I have a distinct split between weekend and weekday though, and rarely wear the same watch Friday and Saturday.

Nothing consistent. I used to change daily, or even twice a day occasionally. For the last few months I've tended to wear one for 4-5 days at a time before changing. Probably a result of having far fewer watches than I used to in some ways. I might change strap on something after a couple or three days, though, before continuing to wear it thereafter for a while longer. No system to what I choose, either, just whatever takes my fancy.
    Dave E

Skating away on the thin ice of a new day