closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: CHECK YOUR EBAY ADDRESS

CHECK YOUR EBAY ADDRESS

There has recently been a thread about eBay scammers having items delivered to the wrong address. IT'S NOT A SCAM!

There has been a glitch with eBay and it has reset delivery addresses randomly to any address still on your address list.

I've just had an item sent to my daughters address rather than my address.

Everyone really needs to check their own eBay account to ensure items are delivered to the correct address and, more importantly, double check the delivery address with the buyer before dispatching any items.

Cheers

Dave

Journeyman
    Makes sense, bought something a couple of weeks back and it calculated p&p based on a US address. I thought it was a glitch and paid, confirming my UK address, but then when browsing on ebay app for iphone load of items in the UK were saying 'seller doesn't ship to your location'.

Checked my delivery addresses and noticed it had defaulted to a friend's in the US I used a few years back. I deleted all old addresses so now just have my primary one.

Good heads up though as it's definitely worth checking, it can affect your searches as well as where your won items may be sent.

thanks for the heads up....

You'd have though they would have sent emails to everyone about this, rubbish customer services as always...

Thanks for the warning

Just this morning my dad got a set of Draper carving tools he had not ordered and the packaging wasn't of the best. The name on the package was wrong but the address was correct for my dad. Will have to see tomorrow if there's a proper return address or contact details.

The odd thing is that the name isn't known to either of us and he doesn't have an ebay account.

Master
    Paypal kept trying to default to my first address, which was a student house hundreds of miles away from my current home.

Checking mine now...

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    I read a thread on another forum and people think its some mass hacking scheme going on lol.

CHECK YOUR EBAY ADDRESS

Quote Originally Posted by Junaid8 View Post
    I read a thread on another forum and people think its some mass hacking scheme going on lol.
    Maybe I'm a but naive and it is a hacking scam but my first thought was software error!

Craftsman
    Maybe I am missing the point of what is going on... can you not just delete or your old addresses and only leave your current one, rather than adding new ones in and having various to choose from. I just checked my account and only have one address in there, despite having lived at 3 addresses since I opened my ebay account. Or is eBay bringing addresses back from the dead - in which case presumably one will need to check frequently...

CHECK YOUR EBAY ADDRESS

You can delete all unwanted addresses and you'll not have the problem. It's just that sometimes people don't (myself included) or you want a second address (work maybe) and therefore have more than one address. For some reason eBay switched primary addresses meaning people had items sent to incorrect addresses.