closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Have you seen this Eddi ?

Quote Originally Posted by Caspainnit View Post
    Welcome to the forum.
    Did you join just for bringing this to the forum owners attention?
    Its Eddie BTW.

Have you seen this Eddi ?

A Pm might have been more discreet unless you have an axe to grind?
    Just a thought.

1 post 1 irritating nosey moment. Top marks for first impressions!

Hordeton has spread it all around the Internet, I can't do anything about that but for a more balanced discussion, including what I actually did about it, have a look at the thread on WUS. A bit of rambling on the first page but page 2 gives a clearer view of the picture.

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f2/prob...st-800650.html

I'm surprised that you thought I wouldn't know, especially as both threads make it clear we've engaged in correspondence. When he didn't get the reaction he wanted on one forum he posted on another forum and will continue to do so until he finds a forum sympathetic to his own view.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Jeez. All this over a crystal. I'm panicking a bit about throwing a birthday party for thirty kids tomorrow. If I go to Tescos customer service desk, throw a wobbler about the quality of their sausage rolls, do you think they will provide me with someone to cook and serve them?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by jmarchitect View Post
    Jeez. All this over a crystal. I'm panicking a bit about throwing a birthday party for thirty kids tomorrow. If I go to Tescos customer service desk, throw a wobbler about the quality of their sausage rolls, do you think they will provide me with someone to cook and serve them?
    lol! well tesco have yet to answer some serious equestrians, although full page adverts apologising in a bs manner in their minds will help them to move to pastures new..... and they hope that all the horsing around on the subject will furlong be forgotton.

Well you can only speak as you find. I've been wearing my Everest for over 12 months nearly every day. (Nothing else is getting much of a look in to be honest. - Zenith for a few days and my SMP for 2 days but that's it). The cystal is still in place - no problems and I don't treat the watch with kid gloves.

As for customer service when I lost a grub screw for my Italian and asked Eddie the cost of a replacment he kindly sent me a full set of screws and lugs FOC. But then again I bought the watch from him and not via SC.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Have been wearing my Everest for a week now including a few trips on the motorbike and my crystal is fine, mine bought from Eddie as well.

The guy is a rabid plonker.

He's had reasonable and helpful advice from lots of quarters but won't let it drop.
    Gray

Banned
    Where is the Everest catastrophe thread? and what is a global ignore setting?
    Last edited by jimmerjammer; 19th January 2013 at 20:46.

Quote Originally Posted by jmarchitect View Post
    I predict there will be a lot of horseplay and jockeying for seats during musical chairs at the party.
    "Bite my shiny metal ass."
    - Bender Bending Rodríguez

It is pretty obvious the guy is an a**h***. All this for paying a watchmaker 10 bucks to fit the crystal......

And how do we know that he didn't break it and then said it went loose and was lost?

I think I have bought most if not all Eddie's watches and I can assure they represent the best price/quality ratio of all the watches I own.....

Banned
    Oh dear. Somebody call a whaaambulance.

I've had my Everest since Dec 11 no problems at all. Also at the price a bit over £200 it is an absolute bargain!

Grand Master
    I put mine through 3 weeks in the Alps, everyday on the slopes dobbing in on a regular basis and it never skipped a beat so must be a one off

Enjoy
    RIAC

Quote Originally Posted by angeche View Post
    It is pretty obvious the guy is an a**h***. All this for paying a watchmaker 10 bucks to fit the crystal......

And how do we know that he didn't break it and then said it went loose and was lost?

I think I have bought most if not all Eddie's watches and I can assure they represent the best price/quality ratio of all the watches I own.....
    reading through the various threads that this guy has smeared over the 'net I think his main beef is that Eddie didn't send him some sort of assurance that that the FOC crystal had been shipped to him (despite Eddie saying it would be)

Eddie (or anyone for that matter) wouldn't have been in business this long if his watches weren't good or if his CS was bad

I had one of the early Everests and I was very happy with it.
    Never any problems, and for the very modest cost it represented excellent value for money.

I wore mine frequently in as low as -30°C while having the watch exposed on top most layer between my sleeve and glove. Zero problems whatsoever. I seriously doubt that guys crystal popped off due to draft on a window sill...
    Last edited by Foucault717; 19th January 2013 at 22:09.

Grand Master
    Between this episode and the Panerai stopping thread I have to say in the words of Brian Cox ' Everything descends into chaos' but we have hundreds and in Panerais case thousands of happy bunnies so why the big fuss if we get one that has a fault, its not intentional its just one of those things
    RIAC

To be honest I only had to read the first page of the WUS thread where one of the guys there copied the warranty that Eddie offers for his watches. Seems to me that by Eddie offering to replace the crystal he was meeting the buyer halfway which appears fair to me. I think all of us (Myself included) Have had problems purchasing a watch over the years (Unless they are incredibly lucky) These things do happen and sometimes things dont go our way, to make it a public forum however seems a bit OTT. Dont own the watch personally though have seen a fair few people across the forums with them and this is the first I have heard of this problem.

Seems a dead issue to me.

Bizarre complaint from the guy: he buys a second hand watch which develops a fault not covered by the original transferrable warranty and expects the manufacturer to honour an agreement that doesn't even apply to him. Utterly ridiculous.

I have bought from Eddie and he was very polite and communicative.

In this case he has given two options to the second owner of the watch although there was no obligation of any kind.

In my book, that is very decent after sales service.

The reward is that this guy is crying on the internet, because he isn't happy that his watch isn't checked at Frickers.

I fail to understand the issue this guy seems to have.

Banned

Ever so sorry !

Im sorry I hadn't introduced myself, my name is Ralph. I have been directed to this site as somewhere to discuss such issues with rational adults, maybe I was incorrectly informed.

Im sorry I hadn't introduced myself, my name is Ralph. I have been directed to this site as somewhere to discuss such issues with rational adults, maybe I was incorrectly informed.
    hi Ralph,

it would seem there is no issue

Hello

It would appear there is no issue.

So your idea of "discussion" is to post once and then a second time to insult those who respond - not exactly rational yourself Caspa Innit.
    Gray

Caspainnit is the alter-ego of another member who registered another account a while ago just to cause mischief. He should know better, he spent a while on the naughty step before.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

^ That does not surprise me!
    Gray

Master
    I know who it is

Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    I know who it is
    That doesn't surprise me in the least.

Eddie

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post
    Caspainnit is the alter-ego of another member who registered another account a while ago just to cause mischief. He should know better, he spent a while on the naughty step before.

Eddie
    All credit to Eddie,he could have taken down this thread and that would be the end of it but because he is prepared to be open and honest only makes him a true gent in my opinion.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I have two on line sales businesses. You can offer the very best customer service, you can bend over backwards to make sure that you go beyond even what is reasonable to ensure customer satisfaction.
    You can receive thousands of commendations from very satisfied customers. Despite all of that, there will always be one sad low life T$at who doesn't have sufficient drama in his life, and wants to make a problem for you. That is the way the internet works. All you can do is ignore it, any response will simply fuel it further.

Blog Entries

Don't you call me a rational adult boy!!..............

I guess you were slightly misinformed.

Daddel.
    Got a new watch, divers watch it is, had to drown the bastard to get it!

hi there, i cannot say welcome to tz-uk, due to your post, usually there are two ways of dealing with problems like this, the right way and the wrong way, but you have added a third way, a compleatly stupid way, please readdress your issue, to either the right way or the wrong way.

My Smiths Everest arrived with me yesterday. I've been having a right old problem drying to dislodge the crystal. Hitting the back of the case with a lump hammer won't shift it, even when stood on the top of a 7 tread step-ladder to try an simulate an increase in air pressure.

Only thing is, the case back looks slighly marked, but I'm sure they'll buff out with a cape-cod.

Quote Originally Posted by mjc1216 View Post
    All credit to Eddie,he could have taken down this thread and that would be the end of it but because he is prepared to be open and honest only makes him a true gent in my opinion.
    Indeed and if it was the intention of the OP to embarass Eddie, then he has failed miserably. In fact, Eddie has risen another notch in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by mjc1216 View Post
    Yes, Eddie could have deleted the thread. He didnt. Result: One person is left with egg on his face and it aint 'Eddi.'

Eddie is an adult and can fight his own battles, but personally I find the op an insult to the intelligence of members here. The smear campaign attempt is very transparent and the original poster should have realized that most members wouldnt fall for it.

Its now also apparent, that this person posted only because he had an axe to grind, which just makes this dual identity subterfuge even more despicabble.

To sneak onto the owners forum flying the flag of a benevolent heads-up but in reality with an agenda to smear the owner of the forum is beyond the pale.

Luckily, the op was quickly rumbled and both he and his attempt is of no significance.

I'm fed up with these hidden dual identity wXXXXXs and their pathetic agendas..., but thats just me.

Quote Originally Posted by WatchScout View Post
    Yes, Eddie could have deleted the thread. He didnt. Result: One person is left with egg on his face and it aint 'Eddi.'

Eddie is an adult and can fight his own battles, but personally I find the op an insult to the intelligence of members here. The smear campaign attempt is very transparent and the original poster should have realized that most members wouldnt fall for it.

Its now also apparent, that this person posted only because he had an axe to grind, which just makes this dual identity subterfuge even more despicabble.

To sneak onto the owners forum flying the flag of a benevolent heads-up but in reality with an agenda to smear the owner of the forum is beyond the pale.

Luckily, the op was quickly rumbled and both he and his attempt is of no significance.

I'm fed up with these hidden dual identity wXXXXXs and their pathetic agendas..., but thats just me.
    I would never tell you who the OP's alter ego is but JxmmxxJxmmxx will know.

Eddie

Eddie
    Seems like I have even more reason to keep ignoring him
    Gray

Eddie
    Subtle

Okay, that one I hadnt seen comming. I didnt realize, that he had an axe to grind. Must have missed the 'naughty step' bit and the reason for the 'time-out'....

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by java View Post
    I have two on line sales businesses. You can offer the very best customer service, you can bend over backwards to make sure that you go beyond even what is reasonable to ensure customer satisfaction.
    You can receive thousands of commendations from very satisfied customers. Despite all of that, there will always be one sad low life T$at who doesn't have sufficient drama in his life, and wants to make a problem for you. That is the way the internet works. All you can do is ignore it, any response will simply fuel it further.
    Absolutely spot on.

My first thought when reading the op, actually was 'Ohh no, I hope its not another case of a dual identity sXXt stirrer!' How ever, I didnt suspect, that it was JXXXXX JXXXXX and I dismissed my DI suspicion as being too paranoid and as being simply a knee jerk reflex after other recent events and a slew of DIs.

Depressing, that my initial impression proved to be correct

At least this one was outed.

IMO some threads examples show, that when an attack on a forum member occour out of the blue, its sometimes a DI with an axe to grind in some cases.

'They walk amongst us.....'(and some are in for a long con).

Sometimes they unintentionally waddle into the spotlight.

Last edited by WatchScout; 22nd January 2013 at 20:20.

Eddie
    Mmmm.

I like to keep my nose clean, but I dealt with this chap's 'brother' via an SC post last year. It ended on a sour note after a visit to his flat to check out the item on offer - which was most definitely not as described.

Although not involving an Everest I feel that my experience involving a Timefactors crystal incident is relevant.

I managed to drop my PRS-10 the day I got it and the only thing to break its fall was a concrete road.
    Needless to say the watch landed crystal first and cracked it.

I didn't expect Eddie to subsidise my amateur juggling activities and asked to purchase a new crystal. He sent one free of charge and despite its early baptism into the grim world of a gardeners beater the watch has matched the customer service...spot on!

Quote Originally Posted by j0hnbarker View Post
    Mmmm.

I like to keep my nose clean, but I dealt with this chap's 'brother' via an SC post last year. It ended on a sour note after a visit to his flat to check out the item on offer - which was most definitely not as described.
    Apart from not liking the whole DI business in any case, as evidenced by my observation above (because of the forum having had no real luck with the dual identity types here), I was surprised to hear, that the OP is JJ.
    He is/was a long time member (now banned) and I cant recall having read any extraordinary strange behaviour or incidents on his behalf but obviously something happened at some point (I cant recall having had many conversations with him either) hence my remark about not realizing, that he was the OP.

A sad affair.

I still dont like the dual identity business though.
    Last edited by WatchScout; 22nd January 2013 at 22:08.

Isn't that the RMSD fiasco guy

Eddie

I find it difficult to comprehend that someone would spend a large amount of time
    on various websites spreading his tale of woe about a watch crystal.................
    and to think I sometimes have moments of existential crisis-evidently my life is fine.

Blog Entries
    Can't pretend to be surprised, doesn't get my £850 back. Glad he's gone though!

Quote Originally Posted by andy6430 View Post
    Can't pretend to be surprised, doesn't get my £850 back. Glad he's gone though!
    I seem to have missed a forum glitch?

We have had something similar on a Dutch forum, a member who used several aliases and who at a certain moment in time decided to misbehave (threathening other members). He was the victim of a glitch and wasn't heard of since ;-)

Frankly: quite disappointing that someone with over 5k of posts here behaves like this...
    Last edited by Bernard; 23rd January 2013 at 10:19.

This seems crazy - someone who knows how Eddie works has set up a fake account to try to criticize him for offering a solution to a problem that wasn't even his??