closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OMEGA announces the first truly anti-magnetic watch movement

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Bernard View Post
    I am not a Rolex fanboy by the way
    There is a fanboi here, but it's not a Rolex one ;).

I think we can be absolutely certain that the pricing of Omega watches is also market-driven - in other words, they charge what people will pay, just the same as R*l*x. Even hardened fanbois (if you see what I mean) will not argue that they use cost-plus pricing. These aren't bags of grain. But others still will forget Omega's bullying, marketing BS, PR cheese (Clooney, "Beautiful watch, Mr Bond"), and economy with the truth, brickbats you could hurl at many brands like R*l*x. The company makes some good watches, and I quite like this one, but has bad karma. And as a result, ah'm oot.

(All I did was mention parallels in the use of funky second hands to denote antimagnetism. But it didn't take long for this thread, which was nothing to do with R*l*x, to start obsessing about R*l*x. Never does, with Omega threads!)
    ...but what do I know; I don't even like watches!

Blog Entries
    Buy something because you like it, love the innovation or the beauty of the movement.
    Don't buy it for all the claims made about it's performance.

An ETA2824 in decent version will outlive most of us with little and cheap service costs..........

Daddel.
    Got a new watch, divers watch it is, had to drown the bastard to get it!

I love it. I'm sure I couldn't afford one though. I haven't seen price quoted anywhere but I assume somewhere around the cost of a Milgaus....

Journeyman
    I hope for a new AT Railmaster with this movement.

I like it, look forward to seeing the size and the price... or is that the size of the price?

Final model will be presented at Baselworld this year in April and will be available in October at a price of 5,900 CHF ($ 6,300).

Craftsman

Re: OMEGA announces the first truly anti-magnetic watch movement

Quote Originally Posted by kaiserphoenix View Post
    How much of a REAL problem is magneticism in a modern watch??
    I cant wear a mechanical at work because I work in manufacturing and the welding machines and transformers generate HUGE magnetic effects. It's less of a problem than in the past, as most of my colleagues have been replaced by robots.

It's not a problem that cant be easily fixed and the watch de-magnetised in seconds, but you would need to take to a service centre.

As long as the watch has a minimum of 4800 a/m or what most watches come with anyway the vast majority of users wont need this.
    It may just be that we "need" anti magnetic just as we "need" 1000 metre depth ratings. Marketing boys love BIGGER numbers.