closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Blowers (Hull)

Master

Blowers (Hull)

Been up to Hull today to do a deal with Blowers....Have to say, that despite my pre conceived ideas about all dealers being the same...ie buy as low as possible and sell as high as possible.... I WAS WRONG....

Mark was in fact very fair, and I feel that I got a good deal on our transaction....... Obviously I'd have liked a little bit more, and he'd have liked to paid a little bit less.... But the bottom line is that with a bit of flexibility on both sides, a friendly, good humoured deal can be reached

It all started with a phone call, where Blowers initially offered me £700 more on one of my watches than another well know Internet retailer down south.....
    Then I spotted a watch that Blowers had that I liked.....so I traded 2 of my used watches for a brand new one from Blowers, and ended up with a nice cheque in my pocket to boot

Also had the chance to talk watches and look at some of their stock.... Most of which is pretty mind blowing... Handling a diamond encrusted Franck Muller Crazy hours, and a couple of Pateks, was a real pleasure.....

All in all a good experience....

So what did I buy??

One of these.... All stickered up and brand spanking new.... Chuffed to bits

Very nice! What did you trade?

Craftsman
    I obviously know that a bit of face to face can lubricate the deal. But did you feel, having been down to the shop, that Blowers' internet prices were pretty much the same as shop prices? Or is it worth making a special effort to visit their shop?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by amii21 View Post
    I obviously know that a bit of face to face can lubricate the deal. But did you feel, having been down to the shop, that Blowers' internet prices were pretty much the same as shop prices? Or is it worth making a special effort to visit their shop?
    Well based on my experience today, I'd say its well worth a visit........

As I said above Mark made what I thought was a very fair offer on one of my watches, based on a description over the phone....
    Once he'd seen it, and we went back and forth a little, he improved on his original offer, which I thought was very fair...

To be honest, the prices on my individual watches, wasn't that important, in that it was the whole deal that needed to be considered....... And this is where they came up trumps....

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by minkle View Post
    Very nice! What did you trade?
    A Panerai.... And a Sub.... With cash my way

Master
    It is always the experience that counts. I am glad you had a good deal.

Craftsman

BLOWERS

That is good to hear .
    Mark is a gentleman to deal with and i am glad it was worth your journey to meet him .
    Lee

Master
    I don't live too far from Blowers, so I've used them a few times and they are top notch.

Master
    Pleased to hear it, will be dealing with Mark in future.

Bought a couple and traded myself, never felt like I was being done over. Always a decent experience

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacks Dad View Post
    People buy people not product.
    Depends. Many people do for many types of product or service. But, right now, commodotised product from or via large corporations is doing well on a global scale, although this looks likely to change in time, I suspect.

Sounds like a good deal Enoch, well done.

The whitey Explorer is the biz, wearing mine as I type

Master
    Yeah I was taught something similar - people do business with people

Craftsman
    I've had a great experience with Mark too this week, very pleased.

Bought an aquatimer from them a couple of years ago, great service and very happy to chat and show me a few others even though it was pretty busy. Problem with the location is they get a lot of time wasters and tyre kickers. You have to wade through people eating chips sometimes, not a bad chippy next door:)

Blowers (Hull)

Going up to Hull from London tomorrow to catch up with Mark and complete a few purchases. Mrs ryanb741 is coming with me too so does anyone have any advice on what we could do for a few hours in Hull (please don't recommend the Aquarium as there is one in London).

Quote Originally Posted by thegreatdogwood View Post
    Yeah I was taught something similar - people do business with people
    I use to think that was true, but with Jessops going under today with the closure of 187 shops and 1370 job losses it hardly rings true anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Going up to Hull from London tomorrow to catch up with Mark and complete a few purchases. Mrs ryanb741 is coming with me too so does anyone have any advice on what we could do for a few hours in Hull (please don't recommend the Aquarium as there is one in London).
    Quite a few museums to look at. Try the maritime museum just on the corner of the street from Blowers,the art gallery is on the other side of the square, not sure what they have on. There is also a street life museum not far away which is excellent. For shopping there is the st Stephens shopping centre which has an excellent jewellers in hugh rice.

Craftsman
    +1

Totally true, buy the seller, not the item. Applies to cars, watches, almost anything.

I've done deals with them in the past and they have always been excellent, Mark particularly is very good to deal with.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by SternG View Post
    Sounds like a good deal Enoch, well done.

The whitey Explorer is the biz, wearing mine as I type
    Hey Stern..... I had to think long and hard about "what watch should I wear to make my visit"

Now bearing in mind their fantastic stock of patek, JLC, IWC, and all the other top brands, I was hardly likely able to compete on a monetary or quality value.... So I had to wear the only watch that I knew they wouldn't have in stock, and more than likely have never seen....

Yes I chose your out and out favourite.....

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
    I chose your out and out favourite.....

Well you know, it's taken me a couple of years but I've realised that maybe there's a place and time for the odd unusual piece. Strange huh?

I still think that that's a monstrosity though

Master
    I knew you'd come around in the end....

The funny thing was.... I said to Mark, have a look, and give me an honest opinion.... And don't dress it up, just because I'm buying a new watch..... I'm really interested in what YOU think, not what you think I want to hear...

I was most taken back by his appraisal...... He put on his special magnified head gear, and spent a good 3 or 4 minutes, giving it a thorough inspection..... He's obviously seen plenty of bubbles before, but not this model..

He genuinely liked it, said the quality was right up there. And said he'd love it as part of his stock...

I have to say that considering the conservative nature of much of their stock, I was quite surprised, that he'd even give it a second look.....

Loving the whitey though..... Think I might go and peel the stickers off and size the bracelet....:-)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ged View Post
    I've had a great experience with Mark too this week, very pleased.
    We wont go into that ged ,this is watch talk.

Congratulations for the white exp - seems to be the most purchased item in the last few weeks!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmerjammer View Post
    We wont go into that ged ,this is watch talk.
    Cheeky! Watches are all I talk about...

Mark at Blowers is a great guy. Congrats ont the Exp II, I was up there last week when I collected my 232.