closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Very rare Omega on Ebay

Journeyman

Very rare Omega on Ebay

Omega FAP Railmaster/Flightmaster on Ebay...

http://www.ebay.de/itm/VINTAGE-OMEGA...item1e76141505

Looks a bit rich to me though, in that condition and at that price.

Anybody going to stick a cheeky offer in?

Chris

I see a Panama Delivery but no FAP marking?
    My Speedmaster had the FAP engraving on the case back.
    Far too expensive anyway.
    Chap from Australia (Achim) has had a few of these, I don't think he is on here though.

Count me out, Colin.

Journeyman
    Unbelivable €45 800 and then the seller need additional €50 for sending. Is that cheap? huh..

Quote Originally Posted by Conehead View Post
    Unbelivable €45 800 and then the seller need additional €50 for sending. Is that cheap? huh..
    For that kind of cash I'd want it delivered in person!

Although he states "100% original" and "original hands", the hands look much newer than the dial.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post
    Although he states "100% original" and "original hands", the hands look much newer than the dial.

Eddie
    Yep, they have been at least relumed.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Very rare Omega on Ebay

If that watch sells at that price I will eat my own toenails.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by o u t a t i m e View Post
    If that watch sells at that price I will eat my own toenails.
    If it sells at 50% of that price I'll eat YOUR toenails!!

I really don't get the whole FAP thing, ok it's "rare" but so what? I don't see it as being more attractive, like for instance an SAS/SBS Mil Seamaster 300. That's attractive!

Railmaster 4-7k euro, Fap Railmaster 6-9k euro, Fap Rail/Flightmaster 7-11k euro IMHO and I think then a much better dial/hand set would be needed to achieve anywhere near that.

Wishful Thinker me thinks

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    What price would these usually go for? I'm only guessing this guy has hiked the price up from the actual market value.

What a joke....

Master
    If it is legitimate it is a rare piece however as Eddie says the hands are relumed, the dial is also pretty poor and whilst 'patina' is always nice this is a little too much.

I think the 'FAP' thing is much like any other watch, the rarity and novelty add and will always add a value, I think the prices of milsubs are crazy (just my opinion) which then creates an 'exclusivity' for the market and they become an aspirational item for collectors. Very much like red script adding thousands of pounds to the value of a 70's sbmariner, rarity!

IMHO there are much cooler Omegas which are hugely undervalued like the '53' RAF pilots watch. Produced in relatively small numbers it was basically the forefather of the railmaster, same thick iron dial, same inner iron case basically a genuine mil issued Railmaster made 4 years before the production watch was released

There were a very small run of 'Flightmaster' Railmasters made, an airforce link will add value but to give a context, I sold my completely NOS and correct 135004-63 Railmaster (with Bienne certification) to a fellow forum member about 18 months back for £6500, the rare dial on this example is kind of negated by the condition although there is a novelty value and a airforce link might add 30%, perhaps 40% but IMHO is the at max a £10K watch, MAX and thats based on someone really wanting it!

TBH I think the dial really does let it down and the fact it has clearly been 'messed with' mixed with the very well used condition of the piece I am not sure it is even worth that!

Will wait and see, you never know someone might snap it up
    Last edited by dickstar1977; 6th January 2013 at 10:41.

Craftsman
    That's a shocker.
    Agreed that in the condition it appears to be in, regardless of "some" niche provenance, it's a 10k euros watch at best imho.
    No ones going to buy that when there's so many classic watches like 60's Daytonas in free fall.

Darren