closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Africa. Bbc1 now

Banned

Africa. Bbc1 now

Worth a watch chaps!

Master
    Sky Plussing it. Thought it would be well worth a watch.

Africa

Anything with Mr Attenborough in it is always worth watching the man is a legend

Craftsman
    It really is good....fascinating watching the Giraffes come to blows.

Master
    Just watched the fight between the old bull giraffe and the young buck. Incredible footage and something I've never seen before. Attenborough can still make 'em.

Journeyman
    Great program, well worth iplayering it.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Gurmot View Post
    Just watched the fight between the old bull giraffe and the young buck. Incredible footage and something I've never seen before.
    Lovely body shot at the end!

Was incredible. Can't believe the damage one giraffe caused to the other .

superb tv yet again from mr a

What constantly amazes me about these nature programmes is the photography, in short it's constantly superb. The time that goes in to the research, location finding and then shooting the footage must be absolutely mind boggling. Most TV has a shot ratio, i.e, how much footage is shot to how much actually makes it to our screens. I hate to think what that ratio is when it comes to programmes of this calibre.

Cheers,
    Gary

Loved it! Nature is a constant source of fascination. My favourite bit was that spinning, circular golden spider. I was sure he was going to get that wasp egg implanted in his anatomy somewhere!

Craftsman
    excellent viewing..he does make the documentary with his voice tho

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by eagletower View Post
    Was incredible. Can't believe the damage one giraffe caused to the other .
    Was this during sex or some form of confrontation?

Rifle shot...

They slowed the film down. so you didn't really get to hear the sounds that these giraffe make when fighting.

When I saw these guys going at it in Ndutu, just off the 'geti, the noise was like a rifle shot...

Battling giraffes.jpg by Noodlefish, on Flickr

M

Quote Originally Posted by jpjsavage View Post
    Loved it! Nature is a constant source of fascination. My favourite bit was that spinning, circular golden spider. I was sure he was going to get that wasp egg implanted in his anatomy somewhere!

Yup. It was lucky that it was a Golden Wheel Spider, and not the slightly more wasp-prone Flat Tyre Spider.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Omegary View Post
    What constantly amazes me about these nature programmes is the photography, in short it's constantly superb. The time that goes in to the research, location finding and then shooting the footage must be absolutely mind boggling. Most TV has a shot ratio, i.e, how much footage is shot to how much actually makes it to our screens. I hate to think what that ratio is when it comes to programmes of this calibre.

Cheers,
    Gary
    Did you ever see "the making of Planet Earth" episode? It's mind boggling what goes on in order to deliver footage like this to our screens....immense.

Here is the iplayer link incase you missed it , well worth a watch !! Its pretty EPIC
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode...rica_Kalahari/

Theres been alot of criticism of the BBC and the high cost of the licence fee over the last year but you can really see that it is worth it when watching programmes like this.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by vulcangascompany View Post
    Theres been alot of criticism of the BBC and the high cost of the licence fee over the last year but you can really see that it is worth it when watching programmes like this.

Firstly Africa, a great program which i enjoyed immensely.

As to the BBC generally? well i can't agree with your sentiments personally. For example BBC 3 & 4 were launched as superior channels originally. Shamefully they invariably both spew out old repeats and even bloody films now. Our licence fee is wantonly abused imo.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowman View Post

As to the BBC generally? well i can't agree with your sentiments personally. For example BBC 3 & 4 were launched as superior channels originally. Shamefully they invariably both spew out old repeats and even bloody films now. Our licence fee is wantonly abused imo.
    BBC4 is superb. Agree re BBC3. It's like BBC2 used to be after about 10pm.

Quote Originally Posted by vulcangascompany View Post

They announced two years ago that they were also filming a $25m version of this in 3D, presumably for theatrical release. But then they were also meant to be releasing a 3D Walking with Dinosaurs this year too.
    Last edited by Broussard; 3rd January 2013 at 22:17.

I loved watching the Rhinos at the watering hole at night. : ) The bull was persistence paid off but ultimately lacked the, err, reach of his ambition.

Then she did old I'm asleep trick. Poor lad

Armoured Ground Crickets

>>shivers<<

oh, and wasp vs spider is the first time I've found myself rooting for an arachnid.
    Last edited by gentlemenpreferhats; 3rd January 2013 at 22:52.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by subzeer0 View Post
    excellent viewing..he does make the documentary with his voice tho
    Absolutely!

The show has been repackaged in the US by the Discovery Channel and narrated by some guy who sounds like a refugee from a Pron flick.

Godawful anthropomorphising too.. Bleugh!

It was incredible wasnt it. I cant wait till next week's one especially as I am from East Africa!!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowman View Post

I don't think anybody can complain at BBC 3 or 4. A couple of yeas ago these channels didn't exist, there has been no real increase in licence fee so essentially you get them for free.