I know most of us on the forum contribute to our favourite charities but I'd like to raise enough money to make a significant difference to a few charities. Here's what I'm asking you to do:

Each evening, put all the loose change from your pockets into a container and do this every evening for a month; based on my own experience it's easy to save £20 in a month.

Now here's where it potentially gets very interesting: the forum has 3,386 active members which multiplied by £20 each = £67,720! If we select up to 10 charities and divide the money equally between them, that's a significant sum for each of them.

I realise not everyone will participate but I still think we could raise a substantial sum and fund something really worthwhile.

I've spoken with my bank about opening an account to receive funds but they require a written constitution, nominated officers and all manner of other things and I really don't want to go there. If anyone has experience of something like this and has any ideas how to efficiently receive and distribute funds to multiple charities, I'd like to hear from you.

Eddie