closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Dr Who

Dr Who

What the hell's happened to Dr Who?
    Since S moffat has taken over, the stories have been getting more and more convoluted & complicated to the point it's getting beyond a joke. My 11 year old got bored half way through and went off and played with some Lego?? So the younger kids won't have a clue what's going on, in which case what's the point - after all it's supposed to be a children's program enjoyed by adults too.
    I just couldn't fathom the Christmas special at all and I've watched it from John Pertwee??

Re: Dr Who

All seemed to make sense to me - except for the mystery of Clara of course, and I don't think that is meant to yet.

The incidental music playing over the Doctors entrance dressed as Sherlock made me laugh quite a lot ;)

You should be proud of him. Lego is cool for budding engineers. We all know that engineering is the future. Dr Who is marginally cool but not Lego cool.

I enjoyed it but thought it had the touch of the pantomime about this episode. Fitting for the season, maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Glamdring View Post
    I enjoyed it but thought it had the touch of the pantomime about this episode. Fitting for the season, maybe.
    Oh no it didn't...

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirrus View Post
    Oh no it didn't...
    He's behind you...

Oh you cards you, a right pair of aces... :)

Master
    I got a right telling off from her indoors as I forgot to record it while she played taxi to the relatives - OOOOPS!

Bloody marvellous, I thought - and Clara is a strong and fascinating addition.

Dr Who

Quote Originally Posted by GIB984 View Post
    I got a right telling off from her indoors as I forgot to record it while she played taxi to the relatives - OOOOPS!
    I player is her friend

That's how I watched it

It's certainly a big Thumbs up for Clara (Jenna-Louise Coleman)... she's definitely "One for the Dads" !

I sort of watched it too but my 7 year old thought his other toys, including, yes, Lego, was more interesting.

I gave up on Dr Who when Billie Piper left .....I've dipped in since, and frankly the storylines seem too ridiculous and convoluted to bother.
    Whatever happened to baddies trying to take over the universe, and the good Doctor giving them the kicking they deserve?
    Last edited by TikTokTrev; 26th December 2012 at 12:49.

What was the bit about the tears of a family on Xmas eve? That really made me lose interest...

^ Yes massive cheesy attack there. I dont think Terry Nation wrote that one

The stories are certainly getting more and more complicated yet I still enjoy sitting with my kids and watching it.
    That said, I thought last nights episode was pretty poor.

Banned
    I did not realize so many people watch this shit.
    Last edited by jimmerjammer; 27th December 2012 at 16:34.

What a shame you've lost your inner child (and don't fancy beautiful young women). Dr Who, like the Ashes, the V&A, the Proms and New Year's Eve in Trafalgar Square, is great British institution.

Quote Originally Posted by odyseus10 View Post
    It's certainly a big Thumbs up for Clara (Jenna-Louise Coleman)... she's definitely "One for the Dads" !
    damn straight there bud

Even though it was a bit confusing, it still got the 5th highest viewing figures on the day??

Quote Originally Posted by odyseus10 View Post
    Even though it was a bit confusing, it still got the 5th highest viewing figures on the day??
    it didn't face very stiff competition (what no top gear???)

Quote Originally Posted by adzman808 View Post
    it didn't face very stiff competition (what no top gear???)
    True, but plenty of Top Gear Specials on Dave, plus I have the Top Gear Worst Car in History Blueray to watch, should be great laugh as ever?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by adzman808 View Post
    damn straight there bud
    I wohld take great delight in permanently injuring myself on that girlie - she is toasty hot!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Glamdring View Post
    What a shame you've lost your inner child (and don't fancy beautiful young women). Dr Who, like the Ashes, the V&A, the Proms and New Year's Eve in Trafalgar Square, is great British institution.
    I dont know about loosing my inner child i,ve spent most of christmas playing with the kids lego i,m addicted, what a toy as for young birds i dont mind a tug in the norks thread in the boys room.