closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Advice or recommendations re which Portable-DVD-player

Advice or recommendations re which Portable-DVD-player

I am currently after a DVD player for SWMBO and have recently seen a Phillips-pd9030-Portable-DVD-player in use, fellow passenger.

Could anyone please shed some light on these and recommend one giving Pros and Cons.

Thanks and Regards.

Keith.

Master

Advice or recommendations re which Portable-DVD-player

These days unless cost is a issue I would get a tablet of some kind. Far more flexible and useful on the go.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by reecie View Post
    These days unless cost is a issue I would get a tablet of some kind. Far more flexible and useful on the go.
    + 1 plus it will have a hundred and one other uses..

Thanks for the replies guys though we have an iPad and the DVD player would be for her alone to watch her movies on whilst travelling by plane.

Regards.

Keith.

Master
    Hi Keith your inbox is full mate

If you want a portable DVD player just to watch films on planes why don't you get a 64gb Blackberry playbook instead?. They are £129 in currys, with 64gb you can put loads of films on it and the picture quality is superb. I use Aiseesoft DVD conversion software where you simply put the DVD into your computer and click 'convert' and it outputs the mp4 file in the optimal playbook format. Drag and drop onto the playbook job done. Also has loads of room for music as well so it makes the perfect travelling companion.

Journeyman
    Hi Keith,
    We have a couple of these http://www.richersounds.com/product/...y-dvpfx770-whi which have been great. No problems since buying (one is about 3 years old the other is one year old). The quality is pretty fine and they've been used by ages from 7 to 70. They're great when you just want to pick up a dvd for your journey...
    I recomend them. Im pretty sure that I got the first one based upon a "Which" recomendation.

HTH

Ian

Quote Originally Posted by carlyrox View Post
    I am currently after a DVD player for SWMBO and have recently seen a Phillips-pd9030-Portable-DVD-player in use, fellow passenger.

Could anyone please shed some light on these and recommend one giving Pros and Cons.

Thanks and Regards.

Keith.

Thanks for the replies which has given some food for thought. I know what I would go for though I already have an iPad 32Gig and it's SWMBO that wants a portable DVD player, thus the question.

Regards.

Keith.