closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Exemption to the sales corner?

Exemption to the sales corner?

I'm after a new watch and was recommended to this forum by another one of your established members.

I noticed you need 50 posts to view the sales corner but at the rate I'm going, it'll be another 6 months before I get there and I'd really like to see if the watch I want is there. Otherwise I'll end up having to post rubbish to speed things up which I'd rather not do.

Is there any way to make an exemption please?

Master
    I'm not replying to this posting!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by beanbag View Post
    Otherwise I'll end up having to post rubbish to speed things up which
    will almost certainly get your post count re-set to zero.

Have a look around and join in with sensible contributions and you'll soon get there.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

You'll have to stick to eBay. Best not rock the boat.
    "A man of little significance"

I wouldn't use the threat of posting rubbish as it won't go down well on here. You could put a wanted request in the WTB forum and if anyone is selling they could PM you.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by adesmith View Post
    I wouldn't use the threat of posting rubbish as it won't go down well on here. You could put a wanted request in the WTB forum and if anyone is selling they could PM you.
    This is what I was about to suggest. Worked for me before I was eligible to view / post in Sales Corner, when there was a specific watch I wanted.

Craftsman
    Well, if someone (or even friend of you) from this forum with higher post count suggested this place to you, he could probably help
    and check whether wanted watch is available or not.
    Posting rubbish doesn´t help you!

From your icon, you look like a photographer. You could try posting a single photo of the same watch every day for the next year that might help (especially if it's a Heuer) :) :)

Why do you expect preferential treatment to everyone else?

I'm after a new watch and was recommended to this forum by another one of your established members.

I noticed you need 50 posts to view the sales corner but at the rate I'm going, it'll be another 6 months before I get there and I'd really like to see if the watch I want is there. Otherwise I'll end up having to post rubbish to speed things up which I'd rather not do.

Is there any way to make an exemption please?
    Why is there a rule if just your wish to go to the sales corner is the only reason to ask for an exeption?

Contribute over here and you'll get there. This forum isn't e-pray and most regulars like to keep it that way for a reason...

I'm with the OP on this one. There really should be an exemption just this once, just for him. It wouldn't make sense otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Marios View Post
    I'm with the OP on this one. There really should be an exemption just this once, just for him. It wouldn't make sense otherwise.
    The exemption could also be that he needs 100 posts instead of 50 ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by PIERS (UK) View Post
    From your icon, you look like a photographer. You could try posting a single photo of the same watch every day for the next year that might help (especially if it's a Heuer) :) :)
    Or start a thread on Bremonts, they're universally popular on here and I'm not sure we've discussed them yet...
    "A man of little significance"

Ok ok!!! I get it! It certainly wasn't a threat!!! No need for such a reaction. And I certainly won't be posting rubbish. I think I made that clear.

I just don't spend hours on forums and its just the odd dabble I make every once in a while and the posts are a great read and I hoped I could find a particular watch quickly.

I'm sorry I asked and apologies to all offended.

i'm not offended.

I'm sure no one else was.... its just the way it is.

What are you after by the way?

Master
    Your are being mean to the OP.

The world is going to end tomorrow so make an exemption...

Ok ok!!! I get it! It certainly wasn't a threat!!! No need for such a reaction. And I certainly won't be posting rubbish. I think I made that clear.

I just don't spend hours on forums and its just the odd dabble I make every once in a while and the posts are a great read and I hoped I could find a particular watch quickly.

I don't think you offended anyone, but well, your question kind of encouraged several members here - including myself - to react in a certain way.
    Please do not take that as an attack, for it is much more the regular way this kind of request is being handled.

It is one of the things that makes this forum what it is: a relaxed place, without too much moderation and the blocking of questions - and answers - like you can find in this threat.

Trust me: 50 posts isn't so much and you can have them in a rather short period. You can use this period to save for your next watch ;-)

No-one is offended, just tell us what you are after (someone may have one coming up for sale) and put in a WTB.

I haven't been a member that long but its worth the wait as you get to learn a hell of a lot and you may find the watch you want right now isn't really the right watch for you. There are plenty of other manufacturers out there that I didn't even know existed when I joined.

Plus, when you get on to SC you will be forever skint.

Fair do's to Beanbag. We were all new on here once. Quite a few of us "regulars" made a gaffe initially. If you don't ask you don't find out.
    I guess you have already realised Beanbag that you may not have been the first to wonder about this. You will also have realised that the need to filter out people seeking a free alternative to eBay etc. is paramount. We don't want a subscription list full of wannabee salespeople who don't contribute to the main point of the forum which is discussion, information, admiration, and gratuitous foul-mouthed slanging off and trolling.
    If you handle the sarcasm so far as justified annoyance at yet another potential rule-bender from which you can learn and move on, great. If it puts you off us terminally, then sobeit - we don't have a bad member base so someone is doing something right.
    Belated welcome aboard by the way. You should get a few post counts out of replying to this thread!

Master

We get this sort of post a few times a month, so everyone gets pretty sick of new members moaning about the 50 post limit, hence the reaction you got. Get involved with the community and the first 50 posts will fly by In the meantime you can post a WTB or just tell us what watch you're looking for.

To be fair, it's quite a common mistake made by a lot of newbies, I once mentioned the 50 post rule on TWF and got roasted, I haven't mentioned it on this forum................... until now oops!

*Edit - I'm also interested in knowing what watch you're after! Probably won't have it but I'm just a nosey parker :-)

Can I have an exemption from threads like this please?

Not replying any more here. My derrière is now roasted to a nice tan colour.

I've created a new thread to hunt for the watch I'm after....

http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.ph...t-a-good-price!

When you get it. Make sure you snap a pic of it on a sprout.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by adesmith View Post
    I wouldn't use the threat of posting rubbish as it won't go down well on here.
    Seems to work for the rest of us

And an extra time once a week, in the Friday thread.

Also, pick some random Rolex Sub model numbers and start a thread to ask which is the best, that's normally good for a 250 post thread where the OP can slip in a dozen or so posts.

Not replying any more here. My derrière is now roasted to a nice tan colour.

I've created a new thread to hunt for the watch I'm after....

http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.ph...t-a-good-price!
    I've just deleted this post: all "Wanted to Buy" have to go in the WTB forum and you don't have enough posts to post there either yet.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

I think the idea is that it's a watch enthusiast community that happens to have a sales section rather than the other way around...

Master
    I think the idea is that it's a watch enthusiast community that happens to have a sales section rather than the other way around...
    +1

WISs are welcome, watch traders/buyers and sellers are not, although WISs tend to turn into just that once they get access to SC

Probably had 10 watches in my life prior to joining this forum and yes I was anxious to get on SC, now I've lost count of how many watches I've owned(and sold) just in the past year.

Every watch was going to be a keeper as well.

Apprentice
    i think its good that theres a cooling off period for new members, I'd be bankrupt rather than broke seeing all the watches on offer

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by broke View Post
    i think its good that theres a cooling off period for new members, I'd be bankrupt rather than broke seeing all the watches on offer
    and respite for the long serving regulars that don't get subjected to the influx of pos-fakes that inundate fleabay! at least it stops the dodgy dealers from joining just to sell crap knock-offs with the 250 post count....

Quote Originally Posted by K300 View Post
    +1

WISs are welcome, watch traders/buyers and sellers are not, although WISs tend to turn into just that once they get access to SC

Probably had 10 watches in my life prior to joining this forum and yes I was anxious to get on SC, now I've lost count of how many watches I've owned(and sold) just in the past year.

Every watch was going to be a keeper as well.
    Yep. One watch for 10 years, then i came here and well, I have more watches now... However, I either wouldn't have considered or simply didn't know about each and every one of them had it not been for the information picked up here.

I'm also a new member here and while I would also like to get access to the sales forum, I'm more than fine with the ''Probation'' period. I'm a few months away, but i'll get there! Anyway, that way, i'll spend less money, which is fine.

Some other watch forums make their SF available to everyone from the beginning and the end result is that you have many members that don't give a damn about the community and are just there to sell/buy or to scam. I guess TZ-UK is a safer place just because you take the time to know the members before cutting them loose in the sales section.

Now, I think I'm a fair player, I should probably get a three months off probation for that, no? Anyway, I'm one post closer!!!

Funny stuff.

Unfortunately true.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Or Rolex....

Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post
    I've just deleted this post: all "Wanted to Buy" have to go in the WTB forum and you don't have enough posts to post there either yet.

Eddie
    Made me laugh

Now i'm not sure if it's OK to put text regarding a wanted item in your signature. I'm sure someone will put me straight if it isn't.
    Last edited by vRSG60; 20th December 2012 at 17:04.

Quote Originally Posted by vRSG60 View Post

Now i'm not sure if it's OK to put text regarding a wanted item in your signature. I'm sure someone will put me straight if it isn't.
    LOL It's not helped me much!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxy100 View Post
    Or start a thread on Bremonts, they're universally popular on here and I'm not sure we've discussed them yet...

Blog Entries
    It would be fascinating to know where the OP stands on Meridian watches.

On a more serious note, I've recently made a couple of trades with people at the other end of the country on SC, and you soon realise what level of trust you have to have in the buyer/seller when several grand is sent between bank accounts before the item is delivered, and you've never met the person. Obviously there are no guarantees, but this is not something you would do with someone who has no history on the forum, and frustrating though it might for new members, the SC limitations help create an evironment of trust. To me this is far more important than any kind of avoidance of ebay fees etc.

Quote Originally Posted by robcat View Post
    On a more serious note, I've recently made a couple of trades with people at the other end of the country on SC, and you soon realise what level of trust you have to have in the buyer/seller when several grand is sent between bank accounts before the item is delivered, and you've never met the person. Obviously there are no guarantees, but this is not something you would do with someone who has no history on the forum, and frustrating though it might for new members, the SC limitations help create an evironment of trust. To me this is far more important than any kind of avoidance of ebay fees etc.
    well said that man!! I think we all feel this.

Absolutely, that's why it's worth contributing so that members can see that you're someone they want to trade or do business with. You'll benefit enormously from this if you stick around and contribute. You'll also find that the watch you have set your sites on will probably come round more than once and if you're anything like me you'll probably change your mind several times a month as you see different watches and learn more from other members posts. I have very different watches now to the ones I thought I would have when I first joined.

Blog Entries
    Well said!

Master
    Blog Entries

Unhappy

I think Eddie ought to put the post count up to 5,000 I might just save some money

Journeyman
    Please tease me and tell me there is a very nice Hamilton Khaki Scuba in the sales corner with my name on it just waiting for me to hit the big five ohh!

Cool

Keep on posting!
    Oh theres another one notched up for me.....

Master
    If you're looking for something; looking to get guidance on prices or models, or just want to drool over your keyboard, I'd recommend http://www.watchrecon.com/ - which of course doesn't show up TZ-UK SC.

But if you want to learn a lot more and take part in some interesting discussions, juts keep posting something worthwhile here and you'll see SC soon enough to damage your bank balance...

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoDave View Post
    Please tease me and tell me there is a very nice Hamilton Khaki Scuba in the sales corner with my name on it just waiting for me to hit the big five ohh!
    That would be difficult to find inbetween all the off-topic items.

Master
    Slow and sensible posting is your best bet.

Re: Exemption to the sales corner?

Are there forum rules on sensible .?

Quote Originally Posted by JFW View Post
    Are there forum rules on sensible .?

Sort of. If you stop being sensible then it's usually glitch time.
    F.T.F.A.