closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Can you regulate a G-Shock?

Can you regulate a G-Shock?

During a reset operation, I discovered a small screw on the back of the 5600 module, just above the battery. It seems to turn a couple of turns clockwise, and a couple of turns anti-clockwise. I wonder if this is some kind of trimmer? I'm hoping so as +4 sec a day for a digital watch is a tad annoying :-(

Anyone know before I spend days tinkering against an atomic clock?

Thanks in advance.

Joe.

N 28 deg, 31' 18.4902 W80 deg 33' 40.035"
    If it is a trimmer, be very careful the insides are fragile, and can be easily damaged.

Craftsman
    I have always thought that it was bizarre how innacurate the G-shocks can be. I have an old 6600 (?) I think that runs quite fast, and my atomic solar model runs about +3 per day between overnight updates. you would think a quartz module with no moving parts could be regulated somehow. I just got a new Marathon SAR-D that is running +5 over 48 hours (+2.5 to 3 per day I estimate), on what is probably the bargain basement ETA 2824 movm't.....

Well according to the guy in the shop, there is a trimmer on certain G-shock modules. He was surprised there was one on the el cheapo 5600 module.

Now cue days and days of fiddling with the screw driver to get it sorted!

I thought it would be rude not to own an atomic G-shock for these regulation activities so I bought myself an GW-810BD whilst out shopping today!

Quote Originally Posted by TallGuy
    I have always thought that it was bizarre how innacurate the G-shocks can be. I have an old 6600 (?) I think that runs quite fast, and my atomic solar model runs about +3 per day between overnight updates. you would think a quartz module with no moving parts could be regulated somehow. I just got a new Marathon SAR-D that is running +5 over 48 hours (+2.5 to 3 per day I estimate), on what is probably the bargain basement ETA 2824 movm't.....
    I've never owned one but why are some G-shocks so innacurate?

It's a quartz. :shock:
    Cheers,
    Neil.