closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Missing: Breitling Superocean Steelfish (Blue Dial)

Missing: Breitling Superocean Steelfish (Blue Dial)

Hi,

I just wanted to provide details of my Superocean Steelfish that went "missing" whilst it was with Breitling for an overhaul:

Superocean Steelfish
    A17390
    Serial number: 1029538
    Blue dial
    Pro II Bracelet
    (The watch will not have any boxes or attestation de chronometre as i still have them all.)

Breitling (UK) have been great with regards to a mutually agreed resolution, however if you see the watch appearing for sale please inform them:

http://www.breitling-uk.com

Re: Missing: Breitling Superocean Steelfish (Blue Dial)

It went missing when actually with them not in transit to or from? Yikes :(

Quote Originally Posted by Cirrus View Post
    It went missing when actually with them not in transit to or from? Yikes :(
    Yes, it was under the control of Breitling when it went missing. They had it, i had a letter acknowledging the receipt and a few months later a very apologetic phone call saying it was missing.

I must emphasise, they have been excellent in resolving the matter to my satisfaction, but i wanted to make the watch community aware of the loss, so that no one gets their fingers burnt by buying it!

Craftsman
    Wow! How can they loose a watch? The mind boggles

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomaitch View Post
    Wow! How can they loose a watch? The mind boggles
    Well it's the same in any large organisation. Things happen... In all probability there's nothing sinister here - it will probably turn up in a couple of years time in a drawer or cupboard where it has been mis-stored and someone will think 'What the hell is this doing here?' However the main thing is that the customer has been compensated adequately (hope the OP got a nice shiny new watch!) without too much trouble.

Rob

Missing: Breitling Superocean Steelfish (Blue Dial)

It had actually got stolen from the courier service between service centres, so it was not actually breitlings error that caused the loss.

Ended up with a nice new super avenger :)

Couriers steal things all the time, the biggest risk is when you send something on a Friday and its at a depot all weekend for delivery Monday

My company has had countless laptops stolen by couriers, especially at Xmas when they have temporary staff to deal with extra workload

Always make sure anything you send is insured

The interesting thing is even if you can get the courier to admit its been stolen whilst under their care they still won't compensate you and just tell you it should have insured it, when asked why should I have to insure something against theft from your staff surely you should insure against that, they don't really seem to have an answer

Parcelforce are the worst by the way