closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Did someone just make a terrible mistake with this?

Did someone just make a terrible mistake with this?

Hello all. I sometimes post in Watch Talk but I'm a first-timer here. I'm posting because a pal spotted the military Omega in the link below in an auction of vintage cars and automobilia and asked what I thought. I explained that I knew next to nothing about military watches, but that with a clumsily relumed dial and what appear to be spring rather than fixed bars, it might be a bit franken and worth avoiding. He didn't bid, and imagine my surprise when he told me how much it had gone for! (Also see link...)

Did I get it badly wrong, or did the buyer? Any views appreciated!

(I can't imagine anyone wanted the odd Daimler-Chrysler watch it was offered with in a strange job-lot....)

http://www.historics.co.uk/buying/au...a/lot-105.aspx

Pictures are of poor quality so difficult to see the watch but I do not like it at all, the broad arrow seems to be badly painterd on the dial; looks like a frankenmilwatch to me...

Craftsman

Fake ....

WWW's do not have centre second movements for one. There are so many issues with it I can't be bothered to look twice at it.

Terry

Quote Originally Posted by 2wrists View Post

Did I get it badly wrong, or did the buyer? Any views appreciated!

OUCH! £1500 for that...someone has been fleeced. Even a decent Omega '53 won't fetch that money, let alone a fraken/fake like this.

wow, makes me getting done buying a fake CWC at an antiques fair by mistake for £30 seem not so bad.

Journeyman
    Ouch! That is gonna hurt some day.

Robbed someone wont be happy