TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: It should look something like this

The force is strong in this one
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Jr View Post
    Sounds good to me!
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurmot View Post
    I'll have one, and I don't care about the number.

Cheers Simon
    Likewise :)
    It's just a matter of time...

Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post
    Perhaps I should take them straight to eBay and maximise my profit? Everybody who bought a PRS-2 and then sold it made much more than I did.

Eddie
    Why not sell some exclusively on Ebay to maximise profit? They are your watches after all. Id just like the chance of adding one to the Dreadnought I have at home :)

oh boy. This'll be fun!

It should look something like this

Apart from the interest expressed on the forum, I've received many e-mails from customers who read the forum but do not participate. Some numbers have been requested 3 or 4 times, how can I be seen to be fair when allocating numbers?

Eddie
    I think the best way is to sort out the 99 people who are going to get one of the watches in whatever way you deem fairest and then see which numbers have been requested. Clearly those numbers which have only been requested once are not a problem so then it's just a case of determining who gets which number that has been requested more than once and alternative numbers offered to those that miss out on their preferred number. You could then have a reserve list in case anyone doesn't doesn't want to take that number offered.

Perhaps I should take them straight to eBay and maximise my profit? Everybody who bought a PRS-2 and then sold it made much more than I did.

Eddie
    Well there's a whole load of people to be taken off the list!

You could "lease" the watches to everybody to ensure that they can't be resold until a set time has elapsed when the ownership can be transferred to the lessee.

Or am I just complicating things still further??

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Apart from the interest expressed on the forum, I've received many e-mails from customers who read the forum but do not participate. Some numbers have been requested 3 or 4 times, how can I be seen to be fair when allocating numbers?

Eddie
    Dont allocate any numbers, list it on the site at some ridiculous time of day without telling anyone and let them fight over whats available like a pack of hungry dogs
    Cheers,

Ben

..... for I have become the Jedi of flippers

" an extravagance is anything you buy that is of no earthly use to your wife "

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ben4watches View Post
    Dont allocate any numbers, list it on the site at some ridiculous time of day without telling anyone and let them fight over whats available like a pack of hungry dogs
    This is the way to go.

I don't see the point of pre-ordering or deposits unless the vendor needs to raise some cash or seek reassurance before making the product in the first place. With the DN GMT there would be a scrum to pre-order and a scrum to buy so what's the difference? The only other case where I could see pre-ordering being useful is if the vendor wanted to reward customer loyalty by offering the product to previous customers first.

Oh, you'd just love that wouldn't you ;)

Master
    I've not had one of your watches yet Eddie... Hopefully this'll be my first!

12 or 27 would be good. ;)

Stick them on eBay Eddie or price them high enough to stop dicks profiteering at your expense - I hate Chancers making money based on someone else's graft - like selling event tickets above face value, if people will pay more the money should go to the original vendor not some Tout scum.

Digger

PS - charge a premium for the popular numbers ;-)

Agreed! Pretty much Herr Platts's historic method of release, why change it?

End of the day not everyone's going to get one or sniff the serial they'd like. Maybe a little heads up would be nice, of course

Game on!

As someone who has never bought a brand new watch from Eddie before (got a 2nd hand one...) it pains me to say this as I'd really like one of these: If I was Eddie I'd be allocating watches to regular customers who have splashed the cash on other Timefactors watches - especially the non-profitable models!

I think to make it fair Eddie should issue numbered tickets and then hijack the national lottery at gunpoint and get the camp presenter to read out the winning numbers on live tv!

Master
    how can I be seen to be fair when allocating numbers?

Eddie
    Sell £10 charity lottery style tickets and draw the tickets out of a hat. The winners get first refusal at the asking price, and they can nominate their preferred number, first drawn first served. >£1000 to charity and a fair selection process.

Cheers Simon

A pre-order process seems to be a popular suggestion. As someone who has participated in a pre-order for a watch I can conclusively say the process sucks in so many ways I will never do a pre-order again (nor will I buy another MkII).

Procure the product, put it up for sale and send it to the people who pay for it. This procedure allows Eddie to ignore sorting through numerous requests on the forum, serial number begging, leasing contracts, special delivery via stork in time for Christmas and behavior reminiscent of a mob of pre-adolescents with Beiber fever.

I do foresee a great deal of moaning, hand-wringing and outright sobbing by fully grown men when this is over, lol.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Loddonite View Post
    I have gazed into my crystal balls and predict that ... the message is coming out of the ether... don't break the ring... Eddie's fair process will be to take the site down, add the watch, put the site live again, go to bed, wake up and deal with the orders from whoever was on-line with a valid credit card at the right time.
    Yup. And as far as I can see that is as fair a way to do it as any other.

------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Saxon007 View Post
    Procure the product, put it up for sale and send it to the people who pay for it. This procedure allows Eddie to ignore sorting through numerous requests on the forum, serial number begging, leasing contracts, special delivery via stork in time for Christmas and behavior reminiscent of a mob of pre-adolescents with Beiber fever.
    Totally agree.
    Last edited by markrlondon; 20th November 2012 at 02:21.

I'm also getting a lot of e-mails asking for specific numbers. There is no list and I'm not accepting pre-orders. I don't know how to do it yet but with an initial release of only 100 pieces, it's bound to be chaos.

Eddie
    I know I asked for a specific number, however, I would venture an idea that the website could be brought up with the watch purchase link at a certain time, with a disclaimer that no specific number can be guaranteed. A specific number could be requested on an order, but with the purchaser making note that the number requested could have been relegated on an earlier order. So they would get the next number available.

I think this would make it easier on ordering and get everyone poised over the keys awaiting order time/date. If an early 8am release, that would be 3am for me, but hey, ip traffic should be lighter then!

Apprentice
    Last Timefactors watch I got was the limited first run of 50 for the PRS20. Eddie stated ordering would go up online at a certain time and 10 minutes later they were all accounted for. System worked well. Having said that put me down for any number of this awesome watch !!

I'd love a new Dreadnought GMT but like others, are assuming the rrp with be 'a bargain' for a watch of such quality and design.There is fear of people trying to profiteer but surely that depends on Eddie's asking price. The market decided that the original Dreadnought is worth £1200 - £1500. It'd probably make it too expensive for me but certainly fair for Eddie. Would hate it to go the Ebay route.

Grand Master
    Eddie, Could you give some indication as to the rough RRP on it please?
    RIAC

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post

You could "lease" the watches to everybody to ensure that they can't be resold until a set time has elapsed when the ownership can be transferred to the lessee.

Or am I just complicating things still further??
    That thought had occurred to me too but probably too complex to administer. I detect a slight suspicion that at least some of those expressing interest may have lurking somewhere within their otherwise spotless minds the knowledge of the inflated prices the original PRS2 limited edition ended up fetching on resale. That, added to the fact Eddie currently only has 100 movements available for the Voyager could make this watch tempting to some for reasons that go beyond a pure admiration for the evolution of an iconic design. Or maybe I'm wrong. In any event, that is why it would be tempting to try to enforce a resale embargo of 12 months, during which Eddie could hopefully source another 500 movements, to reinforce Eddie's previously stated intention that this would not be a limited edition.

That said, the best answer is probably the traditional Timefactors launch scrum, with the promise (if possible) of many more Voyagers to follow.

I want one as well.......

....of course. Looks like no.11 is gone already, but I can use any other no. as well.

I should look into the forum more often, I'm afraid

Best KH

To recap then. There is no watch reservation list, there is no serial number reservation list, and Mr Flatts will administer the sale of said watches as he sees fit. Que sera, sera.......

F.T.F.A.

as eddie has already stated - there is no reservation list officially/unofficially which he acknowledges especially as certain numbers have been allocated more than once.how he is going to go about this i have no idea.so why are people still posting what number they want?.waiting patiently to see what happens.....

Maybe they could be supplied without numbers to ease Eddies headache ! ;-)

I might have missed something. But do we know what movement is going to power the DN gmt yet???.

Re: It should look something like this

Quote Originally Posted by GS Overland View Post
    I might have missed something. But do we know what movement is going to power the DN gmt yet???.
    Just wondering the same thing myself.

Re: It should look something like this

Quote Originally Posted by fiddler69 View Post
    ... which Eddie could hopefully source another 500 movements, to reinforce Eddie's previously stated intention that this would not be a limited edition.
    Was this a recent statement? If so, I missed it.

Apprentice
    Why can't they go to people who have purchased from him before? They would still be all accounted for several times over and it would reduce the amount of people buying with a view to flipping them for a quick return.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Lammylee View Post
    Aha, mystery numbers and then charge for a tool that would show the number once you purchase the tool!

pre-order reservation w/deposit sounds fairest. that way you don't get a mad scramble on order day with people trying to hit the site and people not knowing or not if their order went thru like what happen with the speedbird LE.
    i'll take whatever number is available.

as for those who are asking what the price is/will be... [spoken in a lofty Selfridges tone], "If you have to ask, you probably can't afford it". :-)

If there is more demand than supply then they are being sold too cheaply. The correct price should see all 100 (or 99) sold with no further purchasers left in the marketplace.

Nice position to be in. Although I prob. Won't get one as I'm usually slow to notice new models launched.. I think just list 'em. It is the fairest way.
    J.

Having the Voyager as the TF clock on this webpage is such a tease

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Omi View Post
    Aha, mystery numbers and then charge for a tool that would show the number once you purchase the tool!
    scratchcard casebacks? i like that
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

Master
    Just noticed the clock on the forum and thought - bugger me, how did I miss that!!??

Anyway, would love one of these.

Any idea of price yet?

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by bambam View Post
    Just noticed the clock on the forum and thought - bugger me, how did I miss that!!??
    That clock is such a tease!!!!

There must be an echo in here

Here's the big version.

http://www.tz-uk.com/pics/DreadnoughtGMT.swf

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

How long before the first post saying that it's slow ...

Grand Master Scottishtrunkmonkey's Avatar
    4 minutes, apparently
    Respect the past, live the present, protect the future

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokyo Tokei View Post
    How long before the first post saying that it's slow ...

So am I................

Daddel.
    Got a new watch, divers watch it is, had to drown the bastard to get it!

Grand Master Scottishtrunkmonkey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Daddelvirks View Post
    So am I................

Daddel.
    But you make up for it mate, and then some xxx
    Respect the past, live the present, protect the future

Smile

A lot of the other Independant watch makers take a specific amount as a deposit the Unofficial list is a great idea its a difficult one but at the end of the day Eddie its Your baby and You do it whatever way or in whatever manner You want and on that note i'll give You a B-777 in lieu of payment for number 25!

Apprentice

With no numbers

Quote Originally Posted by Lammylee View Post
    I actually like and support this idea, since its intended to be an unlimited version.

Is the no.31 gone? I would really love one of these (frankly don't care what no. that much) just can't wait to see them!
    Cheers
    Joe

Blog Entries
    anything from 1-100 will do!

any number will be fine, i just want one

If you could get on a number list, I'd go for 48 or 64. But as you can't, I'd take any number. The last time a TZ Limited Edition came out I was in the middle of the Kruger National Park with no internet access, so I think I'll take the next three months off work and stay glued to the PC!