closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Theorema watches are they any good?

Apprentice

Theorema watches are they any good?

I have one of those THEOREMA which i bought off ebay (the official site is theorema-watches.com). The watch is 'beautiful' but the price wasn't exactly cheap at $190 - these watches are typically sold as prestige watches being offered at ultra-bargain prices on ebay. But what do you get in practice? Are these watches worth having? The exterior quality of the watch appears really nice - what I'm more worried about is the inside because I'm pretty sure such watches are made in China?

Blog Entries
    Eh?

Daddel.
    Got a new watch, divers watch it is, had to drown the bastard to get it!

This spam I'm having for lunch smells a bit off.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rolexwatcher View Post
    I have one of those THEOREMA which i bought off ebay (the official site is theorema-watches.com). The watch is 'beautiful' but the price wasn't exactly cheap at $190 - these watches are typically sold as prestige watches being offered at ultra-bargain prices on ebay. But what do you get in practice? Are these watches worth having? The exterior quality of the watch appears really nice - what I'm more worried about is the inside because I'm pretty sure such watches are made in China?
    Facts:

They aren't prestige watches.

Those aren't ultra-bargain prices.

They are worth having if they keep decent time.

They are only worth paying for if you like the look and are happy to pay $190 to get it.

Most stuff made in China is just fine, most of the world's watches and watch components are made there.

Advice (mine):

Next time you have $200 to spend, look at some of the other choices.

Apprentice
    well thanks guys for the feedback - i realise that i should look elsewhere but they do look nice compared to many other watches I see. What I find irritating is that they try to make it look like I'm having a huge bargain [the recommended retail selling price is way off the mark as they typically claim this is thousands!] - in the watch inscripting i see 'Automatic 35 Jewels'. What other nice watch brands are there? One other brand i like is certain Breil watches (not all mind you!) but you have to pay $$ for them.
    Last edited by rolexwatcher; 9th November 2012 at 15:14.

well thanks guys for the feedback - i realise that i should look elsewhere but they do look nice compared to many other watches I see. What I find irritating is that they try to make it look like I'm having a huge bargain [the recommended retail selling price is way off the mark!]
    Better if you choose a more well known brand.
    Perhaps a Certina would suit you well: http://www.anytimedenmark.dk/certina...16-297-00.html

Best regards

Martin

Blog Entries
    Well, keep on watching those Rolexe's I'd say, if you watch them long enough, they will be yours.............

Daddel.
    Got a new watch, divers watch it is, had to drown the bastard to get it!

Blog Entries
    If I remember correctly, Theorema are one of the more successful 'pseudo-German' brands you see on eBay. I.e. These brands claim (or used to claim) German heritage but are in fact entirely made in China.

As has been said in this thread, there's nothing inherently wrong with Made in China. However, this style of pseudo-German watch is not in general likely to be of high quality. But, that said, if you like them then that's the main thing.

These, http://www.uhr.info, are likely to be better quality overall I suspect.

Apprentice
    Hello, I'm an owner of one of this watches but I also happen to sell them in one of my websites. I do know the company and even the owner.
    Personally I believe that the watches are beautiful and very cool. I own a Monte Carlo version from Theorema and I'm very happy with it, it fits very nicely in my hand and I also love the transparent design where you can see the inside parts directly from the front. It feels kind of cool when you are running or moving fast and you still see the parts moving inside the watch un-disturbed :)

On the other side, about the China thing. I know for sure that the most luxurious versions of Theorema are being produced in Germany and only a few least expensive models are produced in China. But even the Iphone gets assembled in China, that doesn't mean it lacks quality. Everything is monitored and modeled by German standards in quality and control. Also the 2 year warranty is always a bliss :)

Cheers!

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by markrlondon View Post
    If I remember correctly, Theorema are one of the more successful 'pseudo-German' brands you see on eBay. I.e. These brands claim (or used to claim) German heritage but are in fact entirely made in China.

As has been said in this thread, there's nothing inherently wrong with Made in China. However, this style of pseudo-German watch is not in general likely to be of high quality. But, that said, if you like them then that's the main thing.

These, http://www.uhr.info, are likely to be better quality overall I suspect.
    Hello there,

I mentioned in a previous post my personal comment. I own one of this watches (the Monte Carlo version actually from Theorema) but I also sell them in one of my sites and I also know the owner since I'm a seller. Personally I think that the watches are beautiful and very cool. In regards the China part, only some of the least expensive models are produced in China, while the most expensive and luxurious models are all produced in Germany (this I know for sure). Even for those that are produced in China, it doesn't mean anything. Apple devices are assembled in China but it doesn't mean they lack quality :) I know the owner is a typical German guy, obsessed with perfection and quality. Everything is made by German standard, I can vouch on that!

Apprentice
    well thanks guys for the feedback - i realise that i should look elsewhere but they do look nice compared to many other watches I see. What I find irritating is that they try to make it look like I'm having a huge bargain [the recommended retail selling price is way off the mark as they typically claim this is thousands!] - in the watch inscripting i see 'Automatic 35 Jewels'. What other nice watch brands are there? One other brand i like is certain Breil watches (not all mind you!) but you have to pay $$ for them.
    I think that with all watches and brands it's more about the prestige and design and soul of something. What it represents or stands for. Most of the big well recognized brands in the watches sector have super high valued prices compared to the costs they have. Not many luxury brands are willing to make great discounts in order to offer make something available to anybody. What Theorema has done, and I respect is that they have made possible for everybody to afford something that makes them feel and look cool. Personally I don't know any watches that look that good and you can find with such fantastic prices (which you can't always catch by the way, you need to pay close attention to deals happening through sites like Groupon in order to catch them.)

Master
    oh dear.... I can smell something

Noticed a few things that are of interest

1) Some of the watches on the Thoerema site are marked "gul+group" on the dials in small letters.
    2) The only Gul group I can find (other than Gul watches of course) is a company based in Pakistan or a company that seems to be involved in fishing tackle.
    3) The link in the Theorema site to buy watches takes you to an apparently German dealer site.

I am sure the watches of reasonable quality and it will be interesting to know how the OP gets on with his.

Blog Entries
    Theorema is a mushroom brand well known for their false marketing and awful designs. There are many other brands that use the same movements and the same aesthetics but with another brand name on the dial. Most of them use Hangzhou movements, which are crap. I doubt it's even possible to service these movements. They are advertised for very high prices and then on sale to appear cheap, but they are not even worth $100. And the crap about some of them being assembled by hand in Germany... Give me the address and I'll let a friend of mine that's a watchmaker check out the watch studio.

And where a watch is assembled has little to do with the quality of the watch.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Theorema watches are they any good?

No They're obnoxious tat.

Quote Originally Posted by iml View Post
    This spam I'm having for lunch smells a bit off.
    LOL.

I like what they did there. One sets up the bait, and the other comes in for the kill. That took some work, that did.

---Edit: In the event only the second entrant was going for the sell---

You'd be far better off watching this forum for a while. You'll see a lot of excellent and well priced stuff come up for discussion.

If low-low price is what you're after, you'd do well to check out the Chinese watch fora. Great deals/watches to be had, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with Chinese as long as you go in with your eyes open.

Nothing worse than Chinese being passed off as something else.

The Theorema watches look naff and I wouldn't touch one with a barge pole.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Yonsson, you own!

As for the watches, crap, I would rather go for a Fossil, no not really, I would rather go for a walk...

Quote Originally Posted by klockodile View Post
    Yonsson, you own!

As for the watches, crap, I would rather go for a Fossil, no not really, I would rather go for a walk...
    ROFL....

Grand Master

Id say google or plenty info to read on here or the many other watch related sites will give you all the info your after tbh.

Groupon currently has a deal on Theorema watches at "only" £180 or so, if anybody feels that they really must throw their money away.