closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: BLANCPAIN FIFTY FATHOMS Help

Don't know for this specific watch, but there are many, many fake 50 fathoms with MW7705 markings. Just google and you'll see.

Yes I know, but I donīt see this same watch, only link to fake watch pages. I think, it is model of year 1975, chcek this : http://people.timezone.com/jmerino/history50.pdf

There's one on chrono24 selling for under 1000 pounds from the seller rlx5513 which looks pretty similar. From a brief google search, the seller seems reputable, so maybe that's a good sign.

Quote Originally Posted by TommyPP View Post
    What do you think about this BP, please?
    I see the question mark, but what's the answer you're looking for? More precise questions are usually rewarded with more appropriate answers .

Yes it is, but try to find on google BLANCPAIN FIFTY FATHOMS MW 7705 and you can find many posts about fake, hmm. 1200Eur is realy suspicious for BP FF I think.
    Last edited by TommyPP; 4th November 2012 at 00:23.

Blog Entries
    Have a look here: http://www.watchdeco.com/Welcome.html

Edit: did some research - it's most likely a fake. Why? Here: http://www.mwrforum.net/forums/showthread.php?t=5742
    According to the pics on timezone (P. 5), the watch looks to be a 1975 version. And according to poster #3 on MWR, there was a 25 jewels movement inside the 1975 BP. The pics you posted show a 17 jewels movement. Combined with the MW7705 markings I would think it's a fake. There was a period when certain sellers tried to convince buyers that these watches were built by independent watchmakers using old stock from BP... They never allowed single watchmakers to build FFs from old stock!

The only source I know where to find a proper BP 'in the wild' is the MWR forum and only after a couple of guys have told me that it's a real one. The only other source (not 'in the wild') is a sign of approval from the BP factory. And not a paper delivered with the watch (can be a fake as well), only one handed to me personally by a BP AD.

As someone wrote on MWR: 'If I want a BP FF, I would go out an buy a Precista or a MKII Stingray - these watches have more to do with the vintage FF than what you can find on eBay.

Menno
    Last edited by thieuster; 4th November 2012 at 00:39.

Quote Originally Posted by TommyPP View Post
    Yes it is, but try to find on google BLANCPAIN FIFTY FATHOMS MW 7705 and you can find many posts about fake, hmm. 1200Eur is realy suspicious for BP FF I think.
    Ok, so the question is, is it a fake. If you think it's really suspicious, why even bother . One thing I've learned over time, is that you buy the seller.

Thank you very much Thieuster

Looks to be artificially aged to me..

I wouldn't.

Craftsman
    The dial looks wrong, particularly the 12 o'clock marker. The case side profile and underneath the lug profile is wrong. The bezel insert looks domed not flat. Looks fake to me.

Craftsman
    If in doubt - kick it out!

i have one... it is a good quality case and movement but definatly not genuine

i came across another one with the same military case number hence my suspicions were confirmed

If you have any doubts - and I mean any - run away as fast as you can.

It took me 3 years to find my 1953/54 Rotomatic and it was worth that wait.

Also the last genuine vintage BPFF i saw for sale was over 7K euro.

Also remember the old saying - buy the seller as much as the watch.

Andy

PS - just looked at the pictures - FAKE FAKE and more FAKE. This is what a real one looks like

Last edited by Andyg; 5th November 2012 at 17:51.

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche