closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Seven Friday watches, what do you think?

Master

Seven Friday watches, what do you think?

There's a wristshots section on FB, where a guy posted a pic of a big handbag (not a murse...a genuine handbag)... On his wrist there was a Seven Friday watch, to be exact, this Seven Friday watch:

I was directly drawn to the dial, the shape of the case and the overall look of this watch, however, not too many people seem to fancy it...what do you guys think of this watch?

I quite like it, it's certainly interesting. I wouldn't wear it though, and Seven Friday is a stupid name
    "A man of little significance"

I genuinely liked it, until I saw a wrist shot, it's too big IMO...

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by RickChard View Post
    I genuinely liked it, until I saw a wrist shot, it's too big IMO...

I genuinely like it too...would like to know what his wristsize is. The dimensions of the watch are 47mm high and 47,8mm wide. Because it has no lugs, it could well fit my wrist (19,5cm). The price isn't too bad either, maybe take a chance on this one?

what is the price on these ?

683.25 Euro's according to their website

www.sevenfriday.com

*edit - 737.92 once added to basket
    Last edited by RickChard; 24th October 2012 at 09:25.

Ugly as sin

I also really liked this and made some enquiries into UK distributors but ultimately the size put me off. The name is naff but I do like the dial and Silverstone-esque case shape.

Master
    To be brutally honest, having seen the wrist shot, if I saw anyone wearing it I would think they were a complete twit. Sorry! Plus they must keep thinking it's Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by Itsguy View Post
    To be brutally honest, having seen the wrist shot, if I saw anyone wearing it I would think they were a complete twit. Sorry! Plus they must keep thinking it's Friday.
    This made me laugh, and I am in agreement! :)

Craftsman
    Not for my taste - big and the dial is too busy.

Craftsman
    i will let that one pass too

Trying to be trendy but shows no class. I wouldn't even touch one with an 8 inch wrist (if I had one). Naff.

Master
    A good way to get yourself something that looks a bit like one of the modern exotics (Kronometry1999 type stuff - kinda UN Freak-esque) without spending £50k. Not really my thing I don't think, but I do think it is interesting enough and I'd like to see one in real life.

Craftsman
    Open balance wheel on a Miyota. YAWN.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by steve1ramsey1 View Post
    Open balance wheel on a Miyota. YAWN.
    Good lord, you mean it's NOT a tourbillon? I was utterly convinced ;)

Master
    Blog Entries

too big

I too think it looks intersting, but I think you would need a massive wrist to make it look anything other than just toooo big.

ATB

Jon

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Itsguy View Post
    Thinking it was Friday would really help with their post count tho....

Just a pity it would always be this watch:)

But that's just my opinion.

Master
    Just a small point, but one I think needs correcting.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperC View Post
    ...a big handbag (not a murse...a genuine handbag)...

They're the same thing

Quote Originally Posted by iml View Post
    Ugly as sin
    Indeed. And it does not look like you can tell the time at a glance.

Master
    Far too difficult to read, and something that size on my wrist would be hitting every door frame in town.

Master
    Blog Entries
    The price surprises me. With a brand as little known as this, it looks like it could cost 1% of the stated amount above from any eBay seller.

On a quick glance, I can't read it, and that's a killer for me. A watch is for telling the time, and if it fails at that basic function, then I have a problem with the design.
    Dave E

Skating away on the thin ice of a new day

Blog Entries
    Amusing to see the amount of ridicule these model photos have attracted. If it had Bremont or Hublot branding (both of which make watches at least as big, ugly, and impractical as this one), the ridicule would have been largely replaced with oohs and aahs and expressions of desire. And it would be seen as excellent VFM at that price.

I'd quite like one, myself, but then I have a weakness for big ugly watches. Unless I have to pay for them myself.

Tasteless. Ugly. Impractical. Poorly designed. Oversized.

But apart from that, I like it.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by seffrican View Post
    Amusing to see the amount of ridicule these model photos have attracted. If it had Bremont or Hublot branding (both of which make watches at least as big, ugly, and impractical as this one), the ridicule would have been largely replaced with oohs and aahs and expressions of desire.
    Not from me it wouldn't! Well, not in the case of Hublot at least. But each to his own of course - perhaps 'complete twit' was a touch harsh. I probably should have said 'utter boob'.

I like unusual watches, and my initial reaction to seeing this was positive. However, it looks simply too big.

I would expect the quality to be significantly better than the 99p efforts on ebay, but doubt I would take a punt for £600.

Is it definitely a Myota movement?
    So clever my foot fell off.

Re: Seven Friday watches, what do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Crash7 View Post
    This made me laugh, and I am in agreement! :)
    +1 , but if we all had the same taste watch spotting would be a little pointless :)

Master
    too big and too square for me

Journeyman
    On the large sofe but looks interesting

Journeyman
    Not my cup of tea !!

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Looks like a Hautlence for the workers but without any of the quality or style. No-one will be talking about it next year, IMO.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I posted a picture of these a while ago.
    I'm not a fan of modern watches to be honest but the more I see of them (which is a lot because to owner of my local AD wears one all the time, the more I like it.
    Apparently, the cases are made by Corum's case supplier and the dials are made by Tag. They do seem decent in the flesh. I'm tempted. Possibly.

As an aside, they are releasing a DLC version with orange highlights soon. Should be interesting :)

Lol I was the guy with the "Murse" in the picture :D

For reference, I have 6.5" wrists and it isn't too big for me. If you wanted you could do what I did and print out a life sized cut out from their website to see the size properly. Make sure you set your printer so it doesn't "fit to page" otherwise it comes out too small.

Truth be told, for the price it's IMO a great watch! The case and dial in particular are extremely well finished...on par with a £2k-3k for sure. And the above poster is right, if this had a Swiss auto movement, said Bremont/Ladoire/Urwerk on the dial and cost £3k-£50k people would be much more receptive to praising it. Of course everyone has individual tastes and that's what makes collecting watches such an interesting hobby.

Quote Originally Posted by RickChard View Post
    683.25 Euro's according to their website

www.sevenfriday.com

*edit - 737.92 once added to basket
    I had the same issue, though the extra charge removed itself when I went to pay. Think it adds Swiss tax onto the purchase and then removes it when it figured out where the watch is shipping to

Quote Originally Posted by tonic2005 View Post
    Lol I was the guy with the "Murse" in the picture :D

For reference, I have 6.5" wrists and it isn't too big for me. If you wanted you could do what I did and print out a life sized cut out from their website to see the size properly. Make sure you set your printer so it doesn't "fit to page" otherwise it comes out too small.

Truth be told, for the price it's IMO a great watch! The case and dial in particular are extremely well finished...on par with a £2k-3k for sure. And the above poster is right, if this had a Swiss auto movement, said Bremont/Ladoire/Urwerk on the dial and cost £3k-£50k people would be much more receptive to praising it. Of course everyone has individual tastes and that's what makes collecting watches such an interesting hobby.
    Some more pics would be greatly appreciated I'm sure.
    “Don’t look back, you’re not heading that way.”

Horrible......

Seven Friday watches, what do you think?

Ugly and far too difficult to read. So I'm out!

Mike

Lightbulb

My "murse"

Other pics:

Case is way too big for my liking: needlessly big IMO, as it might look quite nice a "sensible" size.

My knee jerk reaction was "no, not for me". The pics later in the thread are more attractive and show the watch in more sympathetic circumstances so from a looks point of view yes I like it. Too big for me though.

I don't like it either for many of the reasons already mentioned above. Its perfect though for guys who like to carry big handbags....

Quote Originally Posted by McTeflon View Post
    I don't like it either for many of the reasons already mentioned above. Its perfect though for guys who like to carry big handbags....
    Sure is :)

Quote Originally Posted by seffrican View Post
    Amusing to see the amount of ridicule these model photos have attracted. If it had Bremont or Hublot branding (both of which make watches at least as big, ugly, and impractical as this one), the ridicule would have been largely replaced with oohs and aahs and expressions of desire. And it would be seen as excellent VFM at that price.

I'd quite like one, myself, but then I have a weakness for big ugly watches. Unless I have to pay for them myself.
    Bravo this man!

Just the name makes it a non-starter for me.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I actually really like them, and the name. I am not sure I would buy one. But at least they are a little different from the crowd of pretentious clones in that price range.

I like the grey PVD one, although not so keen on the polished SS version.

I'd need to see one in the metal though as in the first photos the discs look like cardboard cutouts, but the quality looks much better in the latter pics.

Clearly not an everyday watch, but good to have something a bit different in the watch box for when the mood takes you.

Quote Originally Posted by tonic2005 View Post

Ridiculously big, looks like a dinner plate on that wrist.

Needs to be at least 25% smaller. I have the same size wrists as you but I'm afraid that's just comically too big.

Craftsman
    It's huuuge, looks awful imo.