closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Been Burgled!

Been Burgled!

Hi newish member here and I have had this misfortune to have been burgled by some toerag. I had a safe however the toerag managed to get key and has made off with some of my watches. He was disturbed and made a rapid exit so has only got away with three, if you come across these let me or the police know.

Rolex Deepsea 2010 serial V668818
    Tag Heur Link model WJF211ABA0570 SER RRM5446
    Precists PRS10 ser 08090363

The precista was a fantastic watch purchased in May 11 never set the time and was running 1 second out +/- 1 sec in in 17 months.

sorry to hear that nibs. hope you got them covered under the insurance.
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

Thanks Seikopath,
    they are insured but DSSD has gone up in value since I first insured it so may be in for a battle with the insurance company lets hope they play ball.

Nib

The response to this burglary was a bit dissapointing it was reported 13:55 police arrive at 18:45, soco not coming till tomorrow.
    It seems that joe public is right down in the pecking order!

Nib

Very sorry to hear of your misfortune.

Hope you report the Rolex to their 'stolen' register.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Ralphy,
    you must be psychic! I was just about to do a search for the Rolex lost and found register - any pointers?

Nib

Some good news my PRS-10 turned up when tidying the room up. As you can imagine there was stuff all over the place and watches that the muppet didn't recognise as valuable just got thrown around and found this one under some furniture still with its watchbox cushion.

It starting to hurt a bit: missing the DSSD

Really sorry to hear that.......at least you have those serial numbers as i bet most wouldn't.

Been Burgled!

Haaaa!!! My biggest fear. I feel so sorry for you mate.

Sorry for you ordeal. Hope they catch the bastard.

Quote Originally Posted by Swissz View Post
    Sorry for you ordeal. Hope they catch the bastard.
    And re-introduce capital punishment!

Bad luck - hope you get sorted
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Quote Originally Posted by Crash7 View Post
    And re-introduce capital punishment!
    Tattoo 'thief' on the forehead on first offence and take hand on the second one, sorted.
    Fas est ab hoste doceri

Journeyman
    sorry to hear about this. unfortunatly i think with christmas on it's way and dar nights rolling in, it's going to increase.

not having my watches insured at the moment, is it fairly straight forward putting them on your household policy as a listed valuable item, having purchased mine 2nd hand off here, is there any issue with proving you actually own them?

Quote Originally Posted by Simonmac View Post
    sorry to hear about this. unfortunatly i think with christmas on it's way and dar nights rolling in, it's going to increase.

not having my watches insured at the moment, is it fairly straight forward putting them on your household policy as a listed valuable item, having purchased mine 2nd hand off here, is there any issue with proving you actually own them?
    What you want to ensure you have the value correct as the replacement cost, if you 'under insure the replacement value' they will only pay out what you have stated the value is and you need to review this at renewal time. You also want to keep any transaction details that you have as proof of ownership, I am sure if you can prove the puchase happed via this site that will be acceptable ( I would have thought any evidence on H&V would be good).

Nib

Journeyman
    thanks Nibby.

Craftsman
    Sorry to hear of your misfortune Simonmac.
    I hope they catch the git and hang him from a tree with his trousers down.

If you bought the Rolex from an AD contact them. They have a way of recording it with Rolex.

unfortunate

sorry to hear that!
    I suffered this unfortunate before, and never got it back.

I phoned Rolex at St James Square for advice; to report a lost or stolen Rolex you need the following information:
    • Date of loss
    • Model number of watch/ model name
    • Serial Number of Watch
    • Crime number issued by police
    • Police Station where it is being investigated

This information has to be in writing to the 'Lost and Stolen Dept.' at the service centre in Kent:

1 Jubilee Way
    Kings Hill
    West Malling
    Kent
    ME19 4NR
    United Kingdom

Tel: +44 17 3275 2400
    Fax: +44 17 3275 2444

I hope this is of use to those who suffer this fate

Nib

Master
    Thats disgusting, I hope your luck turns Nib!

Auto

Quote Originally Posted by nibby View Post
    I phoned Rolex at St James Square for advice; to report a lost or stolen Rolex you need the following information:
    • Date of loss
    • Model number of watch/ model name
    • Serial Number of Watch
    • Crime number issued by police
    • Police Station where it is being investigated

This information has to be in writing to the 'Lost and Stolen Dept.' at the service centre in Kent:

1 Jubilee Way
    Kings Hill
    West Malling
    Kent
    ME19 4NR
    United Kingdom

Tel: +44 17 3275 2400
    Fax: +44 17 3275 2444

I hope this is of use to those who suffer this fate

Nib
    In the end I didn't need to supply Rolex with the information as my insurance company did so, they obviously have an interest in getting the watch back!

Craftsman
    Keep hold of the boxes Nibby,my insurance co. want all mine because they can recoup some of their losses by selling them - so I'm told.

Quote Originally Posted by barreti View Post
    Keep hold of the boxes Nibby,my insurance co. want all mine because they can recoup some of their losses by selling them - so I'm told.
    The B*st*rd stole my Rolex box as well it wasn't with the watch but he gone through the house to find that as well, luckily I kept the Waranty card in a separate place so he didn't get the full set. Strangely (or not) they wern't interested in having the Tag Box just the purchase receipt.

Nibby

Journeyman

Sorry to hear that nibby...best of luck with the insurance company

Blog Entries
    The B*st*rd stole my Rolex box as well it wasn't with the watch but he gone through the house to find that as well, luckily I kept the Waranty card in a separate place so he didn't get the full set. Strangely (or not) they wern't interested in having the Tag Box just the purchase receipt.

Nibby
    Blimey, sounds like an expert burglar!

Sounds like the burglar knew exactly what he was doing

Craftsman
    This is true, but you might want to think about it before sending boxes to insurance companies.
    They might also have been stolen ;-)

I sent a Rolex box to my insurance company after having a 30 year old Rolex Datejust stolen. More than 6 months later we have still not received a penny, which in part is because of the box being proclaimed a fake by the insurance valuation company, which cast doubt on the authenticity of the watch despite me also sending them an Austin Kaye certificate of authenticity.

If I am ever unlucky enough to be burgled again I can pretty much guarantee the boxes will be taken too.

This is true, but you might want to think about it before sending boxes to insurance companies.
    They might also have been stolen ;-)

I sent a Rolex box to my insurance company after having a 30 year old Rolex Datejust stolen. More than 6 months later we have still not received a penny, which in part is because of the box being proclaimed a fake by the insurance valuation company, which cast doubt on the authenticity of the watch despite me also sending them an Austin Kaye certificate of authenticity.

If I am ever unlucky enough to be burgled again I can pretty much guarantee the boxes will be taken too.
    That sounds like weasel words to avoid paying out - you need to name and shame the insurance company so others can avoid!

Craftsman
    I will do that Nibby - as soon as the claim is resolved, along with cancelling the current policy and citing complete lack of customer care as the reason why.
    For example; I phoned the insurance co and asked to speak to their Customer Service Manager to escalate the issue because nobody would tell us what was happening.
    I was told by their operator he didn't know what I meant by Customer Service and who I needed to talk to other than those already dealing with the claim.
    You might want to avoid using Red telephones IYKWIM ;-)

Sorry to hear this nibby hope you get everything sorted .

Pete.

Grand Master
    The response to this burglary was a bit dissapointing it was reported 13:55 police arrive at 18:45, soco not coming till tomorrow.
    It seems that joe public is right down in the pecking order!

Nib

Had you been a celeb/MP/policeman/ or anyone known by the vast amount of planet earths population!, then old bill would have been their promptly to experience a little of the possible limelight it would generate,but as you are just a ''non'' person that won't have anyone showing any interest then your on your own,this will also be the same re the interest/help the insurance company would offer,were it to be lets say an ''A'' list celeb just as an eg,if it happened to him/her and they even forgot to lock the door at the house and also didn't have insurance! Then what you would probably see is:-

1:-Swat team close the neighbourhood
    2:-Insurance will payout simply for the publicity
    3:-New watch courtesy of Rolex or
    4:-Any damage fixed for free by anyone that sucks up to this crap

Or am I just been cynical lol.

sorry to hear of your misfortune and hope the 4 above,well 3 it seems as No 1 didn't! work for you.

I will do that Nibby - as soon as the claim is resolved, along with cancelling the current policy and citing complete lack of customer care as the reason why.
    For example; I phoned the insurance co and asked to speak to their Customer Service Manager to escalate the issue because nobody would tell us what was happening.
    I was told by their operator he didn't know what I meant by Customer Service and who I needed to talk to other than those already dealing with the claim.
    You might want to avoid using Red telephones IYKWIM ;-)
    After my troubles with car insurance automatic renewal I found there is quite a claims procedure for insurance companies. Admiral had 2 adrresses - one for policy, one for claims. If they haven't replied in 8 weeks or you are not satisfied with the response then you can refer to the ombundsman. If you are having problems I would put a complaint in via their official prcedure rather than cancel the insurance.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny778 View Post
    Sounds like the burglar knew exactly what he was doing
    This is something that has always bothered me about forums, but I have pressed on - cautiously - regardless, the fact that we all show pictures of out nice stuff, watches, cars and sometimes more, in one post, and talk about our location in another, and our hobbies/holidays in another, its entirely possible this bloke has done his homework on you!

Similar happened to a mate of mine a while ago, turned out it was the takeaway delivery bloke, reached in and grabbed a spare key while my mate went back into his lounge for his wallet, they came back when he wasnt home and grabbed loads of valuable stuff including his watches.

My god imagine catching someone doing this, makes me fizz thinking about it!