closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: What is it worth? - Tudor Sub

Master

What is it worth? - Tudor Sub - Updates

A colleague of mine has expressed an interest in my Tudor Sub, and I have no real idea what the set is worth and if I were to let it go whether or not to include new bracelet...

1992 79090 Sub – Blue dial
    Full set, box (inner and outer), stamped papers, instructions and guarantee in the wallet, hang tag and anchor.
    Service papers from 1997 and 2009 IIRC
    93150 bracelet with the 580 end links (original folded oyster and end links refurbished by Bexley)
    Tropic 19 fitted by Bill Rice (service replacement top hat returned)

Condition, for a 20 year old watch minty...

Any ideas what I should ask loot wise? And would it be better to sell the bracelet separate?

Thanks in advance.

Dave
    Last edited by BigD; 15th December 2016 at 14:49. Reason: time has moved on and maybe values

Value is GBP 2k I guess. Selling the bracelet separately might add something but not that much.

Craftsman
    Somewhere around €2200 with the bracelet overhere.

Spooky timely thread for me.................

I purchased a full set a few months back for £2250.00 (blue dial/ bezel version with all papers, anchor etc). The watch had been sat unworn for the best part of twenty years so needed servicing but was all original and had never been polished. Even Duncan @ Genesis commented that it was as good as they day it was bought.

I would personally sell with the original bracelet and sell on the replacement. From memory you had bought this new when it went in for service so you will know how expensive they are these days.

Master
    At least £2000 as i have looked at making this watch or the Chrono Heritage(Yes chalk and cheese)as my next purchase.I have looked at a number of websites including Chrono24 and with all the paperwork and mint condition nothing under £2000.On top of that its a risk buying from Germany etc without seeing it.The previous reply by RLE at least gives me hope i might find one in the U.K.within my budget.

Master
    Thanks for the info gents, certainly not worth letting go for that sort of loot :-)

Sold one last year and got £2000

Master
    I am thinking about moving on some pieces so thought I would update this thread to see what the collective WISdom was :)

I had a look on Chrono 24 and the asking prices are all over the place...

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by BigD View Post
    A colleague of mine has expressed an interest in my Tudor Sub, and I have no real idea what the set is worth and if I were to let it go whether or not to include new bracelet...

1992 79090 Sub – Blue dial
    Full set, box (inner and outer), stamped papers, instructions and guarantee in the wallet, hang tag and anchor.
    Service papers from 1997 and 2009 IIRC
    93150 bracelet with the 580 end links (original folded oyster and end links refurbished by Bexley)
    Tropic 19 fitted by Bill Rice (service replacement top hat returned)
    New top hat fitted by Bill rice and serviced for good measure in 2015.

Condition, for a 20 year old watch minty...

Any ideas what I should ask loot wise? And would it be better to sell the bracelet separate?

Thanks in advance.

Dave
    Last edited by BigD; 15th December 2016 at 17:27. Reason: Adding a pic

Master
    It sounds a lovely example and with a recent service and papers I'd say c£3500.