closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Would I pay £2500.................

The 14060 is a nice watch and I have had a few over the years. I never felt they were really worth the money though even when you could pick them up for around the £3k mark.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by joe narvey View Post
    Good. I’m curious how they are valued.
    Id assume by checking recent sales on here, if not in other watch related websites.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    I do think there are a few on the forum who think a Speedmaster is still £1,500 and a Sub is £2,000 and they just refuse to move forward from that point
    Hello!

Craftsman
    Very much enjoyed reading this thread, thanks for the resurrection. Also slightly gutted that I chose this exact time in the history of mankind to decide I want to buy a Rolex. I couldn't have cared less in 2006 goddammit.

Master
    I could have bought a 2 tone used sub for 2k in 2006 but bought a breitling chronomat for 1.3k instead from the same shop even that gave me sleepless nights never having spent more than £400 on any one watch

Quote Originally Posted by E_2_Right-Force View Post
    Hello!
    If I have the urge to sell my 1981 Navigator for £125 I’ll give you a shout

Would I pay £2500.................

In Early 2008 I drove to North Wales to exchange a fistful of dollars for jned’s’ orange bezelled PO 2500
    Iirc it was only about 6 or 8 months old, but Neil had bought a Sub so was moving the PO.
    I sat on his settee with Sub in one hand and PO in the other and was convinced he was mad.
    The Omega was twice the watch the Submariner was…

…and now, the PO is long gone and I have a lovely little 2 line from 2002 complete with tinny rattly bracelet.

This crazy hobby

Wow, just saw my contributions above - that was a few years ago!!
    I made a decision maybe 10 years ago that I was spending too much on watches - and having owned lots of my ‘grail’ watches and quickly getting bored with them it wasn’t sensible or enjoyable to keep buying and selling. Then prices went stratospheric and there was a lot of nonsense being written about watches which in reality I’d found quite ordinary, dare I say a bit boring. Today I have a box of various g shocks but I don’t currently own a single Swiss watch, in fact not a single mechanical watch at all! I sometimes (maybe once a year) wander past a jewellers and try something on. The last time was a couple of black bay 58’s but I just couldn’t see myself spending thousands on such an ordinary watch, knowing I’d got bored with it’s bigger Rolex brother when they cost me £1500. Prices continue to rise, and I’m happy to follow this forum and new developments in the watch world from a distance, oddly with no real hankering to spend any money on them - I just think the prices are too silly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by RobDad View Post
    ... Prices continue to rise, and I’m happy to follow this forum and new developments in the watch world from a distance, whilst continuing to complain about the absurdity of watch prices at every opportunity, oddly with no real hankering to spend any money on them - I just think the prices are too silly
    FTFY

Quote Originally Posted by jukeboxs View Post
    FTFY
    Can I use Robs edited quote too? Saves me having to type pretty much the same thing

It was probably around that time that I was seriously considering going all in (for me) on a £20k 6263 Daytona, silver dial and screw down pushers. I talked myself out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by jukeboxs View Post
    FTFY
    Haha you’re absolutely correct of course, I just can’t help myself - but doesn’t someone have to shine a little sensible torch into the dark cave of lunacy to point out the obvious just once in a while?

Quote Originally Posted by RobDad View Post
    Haha you’re absolutely correct of course, I just can’t help myself - but doesn’t someone have to shine a little sensible torch into the dark cave of lunacy to point out the obvious just once in a while?

Indeed. There's something BREXIT about Rolex
    Best Regards - Peter

I'd hate to be with you when you're on your own.

Master
    Recently I was ‘in the market’ one watch i lusted after and really wanted to like was the Omega Aqua Terra world time. Lovely looking thing but my eyes are not good enough for it to be practical without a lot of squinting. The real killer though was the quality, for a near 8k watch it was in a par with my sub 1k Eterna and soundly trounced by a Breitling costing half as much.

Wow. What a resurrection. Something seems surreal, but I'm not sure if it's the present or the past!

Sent from my SM-F711B using TZ-UK mobile app

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by pseunomis View Post
    Wow. What a resurrection. Something seems surreal, but I'm not sure if it's the present or the past!

Sent from my SM-F711B using TZ-UK mobile app
    The way the talk is now re any Rolex, it seems strange to read something saying not great value about one!.
    It wasnt that long ago I paid £3450 for a meters 1st 5513!!,when I sold it the buyer said I could have it back at same......hello send me your bank details please.....HELLO.

Grand Master
    This was £82!,I think I paid too much,although I did get a 7206 and 9315 bracelet too.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by P9CLY View Post
    Beautiful !!

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by John Wall View Post
    Beautiful !!
    Thanks,tis a rather nice un even with dust on the glass!!.