closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: PRS29b strap suggestions

PRS29b strap suggestions

This sounds like the kind of thread that could well be in existence but I can't find it so apologies if one is out here. Anyway as the title says I am after strap suggestions for this fantastic new aquisition. I like the nato but I wam after something a little smarter like a vintage leather of some kind (the one it comes with although great quality is a little bulky for me). For some reason I can't seem to find the right combination. Any ideas? Thanks

Journeyman
    I have been wearing a Db10 corfam style strap for the last few days after picking it up on Tuesday. One of these might fit the bill available in loads of different textures and colours and the taper from 20mm to 16mm would work well on this watch I think.

thanks they do look very nice. Not too thick? I was looking at something like this or a di modell rallye. Something a bit worn in.

Re: PRS29b strap suggestions

Here's a shot I took a while back of my 29B and his cousin on DiModell jumbo straps. While I really like the tan or light brown colour, the jumbo was slightly too thick for my liking. So I'm now wearing in a Rios shell cordovan light brown strap which is much thinner but almost identically coloured.

When not on leather, I use Eddie's olive drab canvas straps which have the comfort of a NATO but without all the extra flappy bits. :-)
    David
    Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations

That 29b does look rather fine.

Not something I wanted to admit because I am trying to talk myself out of not buying one; under the pretext that I really, really would prefer the 6105 inspired model that is due out.

No, it makes no sense to me either. Fancy them both really.

the leather appears so porshee
    fancy a leather strap now
    cheers

YouTube 29B

I'm at home, waiting for a delivery, that's already many hours late.
    To stave off the boredom (and mounting anger) I thought I would entertain myself
    and hopefully some others by taking a quick video of my 29B on the RIOS shell cordovan.

David

!My favourite watch!!!!, I'll take look on Youtube!, never had mine off a Bond NATO yet, trying a bond orange stripe later.
    Last edited by Lammylee; 13th November 2012 at 18:22.

Quote Originally Posted by dkpw View Post
    I'm at home, waiting for a delivery, that's already many hours late.
    To stave off the boredom (and mounting anger) I thought I would entertain myself
    and hopefully some others by taking a quick video of my 29B on the RIOS shell cordovan.

Liking the Rios. Is that the Springfield or Chicago?

Quote Originally Posted by galewis View Post
    Liking the Rios. Is that the Springfield or Chicago?
    That's the Springfield. I also have the dark brown, which is awaiting the return of my Speedy from it's service.

This thread contains some pics.

Cheers!
    David

Journeyman
    [QUOTE=dkpw;2504075]I'm at home, waiting for a delivery, that's already many hours late.

Love the watch but I love your camera more!

Quote Originally Posted by muffle View Post
    Love the watch but I love your camera more!
    Most kind, they do make nice wee cameras.

David

I wear mine on a simple, one-piece Horween shell cordovan in the Natural color that I made myself.

Kind Regards,

Myron

Journeyman
    sorry but not sure what's locally available in the UK... but i had a chance to try on some db10 straps (they are UK i think) and the straps are very nice! their designs, especially with minimal stitching, and the taper gives off a very vintage feel!!!!

Journeyman
    Many of my divers wearing Hirsh Liberty, like cool