closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What Timefactors Watches Have You Tried?

I currently have
    3 LE Orange- Big heavy and very orange, I like its bracelet too.

5- The seagull powered version, with glass back, great asymmetric looks

10- Small light and great quality, the only issues are the polished hands which can become almost invisible, should have been like the originals and had matt finished hands and the fact I have multiple issued CWC's to chose from which are not as good but I like them more.

11 Orange- Much like the new one except cool black case and thinner, Zeno built so quality not up there like currant offerings but it looks wonderful.

14- Looks like the Omega but much cheaper, crown too small I find it incredibly difficult to use but it looks nice.

17A- Just wonderful, at some point I hope find a Q as well

18A- The ETA powered one, just about perfect.

22 Speedbird 3- This gets worn lots, I like the sterility, the hand set really does grow on you, I used to hate it but now think its perfect for it, and the seconds hand goes on for ever. Bracelet is excellent but is a bit of a scratch magnet.

25 Smiths Everest- Big and cheap and looks great on a nice black leather strap, Smiths is a great name to have on a dial, nice looking acrylic glass too but mine now has a massive and deep scratch.

29a- The little one and the perfect homage to the original, crown is great to use.

50- Too big for me really but I like how it looks, I have it on a Toshi strap usually which I think suits it well

53- Great little thing, the 29 is better quality and has the nicer crown but the 53 is nice and I think the nicest Zeno made except for the 3's and 11's

I intend to get this dozen together and do some pictures as apart from Eddie I doubt there are many that could do a group shot of all those.

Speedbird, 18 and 29a are my favourites and all would be a great one to try.

Er, Richmond Spencer. Love it to bits.

None yet

Master
    Currently have PRS3 LE in orange - that is my go anywhere holiday watch.
    PRS 20 LE - the Italian.

Have had a few others which have moved on, wish I still had the PRS12 - the 1903 one.

Master
    None yet, but I think I will have to take the plunge sometime soon. Model of choice at the moment would be the 22. Not sure whether that would be the GMT or not, as I like both. There seems to be plenty of praise for them on here (and elsewhere).

Quote Originally Posted by halfscrew View Post
    We don't see enough pictures of those....

Master

Prs 6(still have),14,17q,20,22,29a,53, rest all moved on to good homes.

None yet - but a Smiths Everest is on my 'want' list!

Craftsman
    PRS 3 LE blue dial. Lovely size, nice bezel action, nice weighty feel. Just couldnt get over the different blues between the bezel and the dial so flipped it. Currently get my fingers crossed that a yellow dial will make it's way onto SC, but the watch slush fund has the target of attaining a brand spanker from Eddie.

Also have a PRS-14, fantastic looking thing and i get on fine with the crown. Bought the omega bracelet to go on the watch and it's now perfect in my eyes (not that it didnt look good on the timefactors rallaye or the timefactors retro rubber)

Just two for me so far:

I have a PRS 3LE (Blue) - I admit I wasn't initially too enamoured with it as I felt the dial was simply too plain and sterile but it's build quality is superb and it has grown on me quite a bit since I got it.

Just yesterday I received a nearly new PRS 25 Everest which I picked up on the SC. I adjusted the bracelet to fit last night and I've been wearing it all day. It's a nice watch but while I'm aware that many people think that it wears larger than it actually is I really do wish it was 42mm. No intention of flipping it (I tend not to anyway but I have six or seven that I really ought to sell on) and I'm sure that I'll grow to love it.

As a certified Japanese watch freak I simply cannot understand the prejudices for Swiss or British movements which would prevent someone from buying this Miyota powered watch. Snobbery, I suppose, but the Miyota is a very accurate movement and one that we're probably going to be seeing a lot more with the Swatch / ETA business. Oh well. His loss, I guess.

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by halfscrew View Post
    Yes, a very good looking watch!

SB1, the one watch I regret selling..:-(

Classical, minimalist and amazing quality and the one that got me interested in watches in the first place.

I had this one many moons ago

Quote Originally Posted by seikopath View Post
    good thread scott :o)

ones ive had : 4 / 5 / 9 / 10 / 14 / 17q / 17c / 18q / 20 / 22 / 25 / 29a / 50a / 50b / 53 .

ones id like but havnt had : 2 / 6

ones ive had and would like again : 22 / 25

currently i have a 17c / 18q / 50a . they arent going anywhere. these, together with the 22 and the 4 are the ones i like best. they are all classics and there is very little to be done in the way of improving them. the 17c is superspecced and very slim for a chrono. tough little package with a broken slab of a nose but the heart of a lion. the 18 is just the perfect marriage of form and function. if le corbusier had had one, he probably wouldnt have bothered with the buildings but just stuck to collecting watches instead. the 50 is a loving homage , nay eulogy, to a classic i could ill afford. the 22 is probably the best all rounder . equally at home worn on the summit of ben nevis and as best man at a friends wedding . the 25 is like the girl with the wonky eye at school that you always fancied. you know its not right but you just cant help yourself. the 4 is like unexpectedly finding in a small bistro a potentially perfect piece of cheesecake. . creamier than others , richer , better zing in the lemon rind, greater intensity in the fruit coulis and with a crispier base . in short, it embodies a far greater perfection than one could reasonably expect under the circumstances.

I laughed out loud.

"like the girl with the wonky eye at school "

Muhahahahahah...

That one sentence is worth resurrecting this thread.

By the way, i like the PRS25.

This thread is well deserving of a bump.

Since my earlier posting I now have two Timefactors chrono's, a Speedbird 1903 and a Precista PRS-17C.

I like that bottom one very much - never seen one before.

Carl that 1903 is a peach . You're a lucky man
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

Craftsman
    none as yet...was going to place an order yesterday for a prs 3...then i read about everest...then summit else

man just joined recently i hate this place...always someone here to change my mind...

i used to be so indecisive....im just not so sure anymore

more reading and recommendations to look at....i will get one...just which one

PRS-3LE

I've owned two of them and currently have one in my collection.

An excellent watch I particularly like:
    - Great case construction and finish
    - Flat sapphire & Coin edge bezel
    - Awesome crown
    - Perfect shade of orange and 6 O'Clock date
    - Excellent bracelet
    - Comes with lots of case candy

Slight detractors:
    - Small amount of play in the bezel

PRS-18

-Asymmetric case
    -Great case construction and double oring case back
    -Bead blasted finish is excellent
    -Great legability
    -Drilled lugs

Would have loved a date on it (that's just a personal observation rather)

I've also handled the 10, 17 and 20.

Master
    PRS3 LE Black
    Pros: excellent VFM, smoothest crown action I've experienced on a diver in any price range so far, real tool watch you wouldn't be scared to use, I'd say its posh Seiko SKX007 :))
    Cons: this is very subjective- too shiny, dial feels a bit bland/cold with new plastic white SL markers (same as Omega SM 300 re-builds), bezel insert

Still a great reliable watch.

PRS-9 CAF
    Pros: unique/best so far tribute to Longines ''Majetek vojenske spravy'' with slow beat movement,Smooth winding, plexi glass and working bezel. Case with solid lugs (original had just hollow folded metal)
    Cons: again lume material... Creamy like on Steinhart military might suit better, caseback is acid etched...would love to have it less detailed but engraved

I have this:

And this:

PRS20, I like the domed crystal, the blued hands, the fact it's a manual winder and my lovely Toshi strap. I would have preferred "Precista" on the dial as it's a bit of a vacant landscape, size is borderline too large but I can live with it.

PRS5, love the domed acrylic and the easy to read dial, the clear case back (I know it's not right on a military) and I actually like the hands. The bead blasted finish looks good but once scratched it's buggered. It's a touch on the small size but being all dial gets away with it. As others have said it sits high on the wrist (especially on a NATO) so is easily banged.

Keep thinking about an Everest, but may save up and get the real thing at some point.

Banned
    I've had both the PRS-3 and PRS-14. Both good watches, my next will hopefully be the Dreadnought GMT.

PRS-20 Full Lume

Newly arrived today, the Full Lume PRS-20 Italian
    Parnis on the left / PRS on the right

Smiths Radio Room watch

always creates more discussion and interest when I wear it than any other watch I have...which is both a good and a bad thing. I like it though which is only a good thing.

Journeyman

Re: What Timefactors Watches Have You Tried?

I have a prs-10 and a prs-29A. Like them both, but my smiths its my fav dress watch off all time!

Precista Prs-10, Prs-17c and my favourite current watch of all, the Smiths Prs-29b the time keeping is within chronometer standards and the beautiful clear dial makes other watches seem cluttered. Beautiful double-domed sapphire crystal is the icing on the cake!
    Last edited by Lammylee; 9th January 2013 at 18:28.

I've got the Everest and the Czech AF

Malc

I have 2 at the moment

PRS5, love it, clear and easy to read dial and having the clear back i can see it going.

PRS17q my daily wearer chrono comes in handy at work too

PRS25 I got one but gave it to my son for his 21st

PRS2-Dreadnought - speaks for itself and there is a minor Dornbluth connection too
    PRS-14 - love the vintage look
    PRS-20 Italian LE - love the vintage styling and the Dornbluth connection

...I'm seeing a pattern here...

Honorable mention for the Zeno Explorer because even though it's a Zeno I got it from TF and it is vintagey and cool.
    Last edited by worlok; 9th January 2013 at 20:19.

What is the Dornbluth connection Tom?

Quote Originally Posted by worlok View Post
    PRS2-Dreadnought - speaks for itself and there is a minor Dornbluth connection too
    PRS-14 - love the vintage look
    PRS-20 Italian LE - love the vintage styling and the Dornbluth connection

...I'm seeing a pattern here...

Honorable mention for the Zeno Explorer because even though it's a Zeno I got it from TF and it is vintagey and cool.

--Tom

Quote Originally Posted by dowsing View Post
    What is the Dornbluth connection Tom?
    Something to do with regulating on the DN and something to do with the blued swan neck regulator on the Italian LE... I believe... someone correct me if my memory is lacking...

I have had a PRS3LE in blue, loved it when I first had it, but I think the bracelet was just a bit to big...

A '17C, just to small...

Made me realise how big I like watches, and this one was just a bit to small and light.

A '18Q, as tough as they come, but I just found something about it wrong. Still don't know what it was...

and a Speedbird III in ivory which I loved, the bracelet was very tactile with one minor fault, it needed 1/2 links to fit properly. If I had got 1/2 links I wouldn't have sold it...

and now, I want to try an Everest, and possibly a DN GMT, but I think the DN might be just a bit big ...