closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: ANOTHER millionare suddenly gets into watches.................

ANOTHER millionare suddenly gets into watches.................

Chris Evans, who for the record I quite like, in conversation with an 'Ambassador for an Investment Bank' if you please, re, what to do wiv yer stash in the crimminaly orchestrated s*it pile we find ourselves in. Well, some of us anyway.....property in Blue Chip areas of London (not the bit I was brought up in probably) and New York. Classic cars (he's done that, and has now got the Boating bug) and...................watches.

He's thinking of swapping one of his Ferrari's for some! I don't know wether to feel sorry for him or not, but boy, do I wish I was a high end dealer.

No long and arduous road to WIS dom for him, a wad on the table and take ya pick.

......fancy a Frank Mullah?

God I hope he doesn't decide to spray them all white like his cars!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by bongo View Post
    .....property in Blue Chip areas of London (not the bit I was brought up in probably)
    Me neither unless Lewisham has changed for the better ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by xpatUSA View Post
    Me neither unless Lewisham has changed for the better ;-)
    Lewisham ('Outer Blackheath' to a local Estate Agent) is more or less 'rural' compared to the Dickensian Vauxhall ratholes of my youth!

......and, it hasn't and it's worse than ever. Texas ain't far enough, Bud.

He really should spend more time thinking about the music. The other morning he played the Beatles track "And Your Bird Can Sing" and proudly proclaimed it was off his favourite "Abbey Road" album. Tosser! And I really do enjoy it when a DJ sings along to the music and then talks all over the end of the record before it has finished...

If you have one of those watches with the Ferrari emblem on the dial, he's just the sort of potential customer you've been waiting for.
    Last edited by Gruntfuttock; 30th September 2012 at 21:10.

I've tried to like Chris Evans, but I always found him to be an irritating tw@t.

Now he's got millions of pounds, he's an irritating smug tw@t.

So I've given up.

Regards

Ian
    Although no trees were harmed during the creation of this post, a large number of electrons were greatly inconvenienced.

Quote Originally Posted by Backward point View Post
    I've tried to like Chris Evans, but I always found him to be an irritating tw@t.

So I've given up.

Regards

Ian

yep I'd have to agree with every word of that.

- - - Updated - - -

So I've given up.

Regards

Ian

So I've given up.

Regards

Ian
    Perfectly understandable reaction, but:-

1) He does seem to be a genuine car nut.
    2) Each year he auctions drives in his Ferraris for a couple of days at the time of the Goodwood Festival of Speed all for charity.

So he does at least have some redeeming attributes.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Yep. He definitely behaved like a twat for a good few years, and he is now the first to admit it.

I think he is a completely different person to that now though and does a lot of good stuff, and genuinely seems more humble.

Having kids has helped with that and forced him to grow up a bit.

I cannot excuse him talking over the end of tracks on the radio though. Very irritating.

He is going to be in for a nasty shock if he thinks boats are a good place to invest money.

Still, he could probably get away with painting them white.

Can't stand the bloke personally, still, some watch guru is going to make a nice few bob out of him.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bongo View Post

No long and arduous road to WIS dom for him, a wad on the table and take ya pick.
    Despite the increasing emphasis on who is spending the most money on the most resounding name, true wis-dom is not about the w nor the i but about the s and that does not stand for sod.

The lady from the post office called this morning that there is a package for me. They cannot get it out because of the flood damage.
    It contains two well researched books shining light on little explored corners of horology. I have thus spent a pleasantly surprising small amount of money on acquiring more s that no amount of money spent on whatever watch results in ;-)

Blog Entries

One thing is certain.............

He should have stayed away from telly

Daddel.
    Got a new watch, divers watch it is, had to drown the bastard to get it!

1. Quote Originally Posted by Daddelvirks View Post
      He should have stayed away from telly
    Quote Originally Posted by Daddelvirks View Post

Daddel.
    Having read his autobiographies it's the pub he should have stayed away from!
    Cheers..
    Jase

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil.C View Post
    Can't stand the bloke personally, still, some watch guru is going to make a nice few bob out of him.
    Which will no doubt be good for hilarious youtubes.
    I canīt help laughing again thinking about a Richard Mille selling one I saw recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil.C View Post
    Given the amount of money he initially turned his back on when selling Virgin radio I doubt he'll lose much sleep over a few watches.

Craftsman
    If you believe his autobiography (I do) then he lost 85 million quid around the time he went off the rails. I wasn't a fan but his ABs did change my opinion and aren't a bad read.

You can hardly blame him for looking for a way to avoid such massive financial balls-ups and watches may be an option. He is such an enthusiast in everything I wouldn't be surprised if he joins TZ-UK and we'll all be selling to him.

I met him briefly couple of years ago and was surprised that he was a friendly down to earth chap, really passionate car nut. He was wearing a Bvlgari.

He has great taste in cars, fair play to him if he wants to get in to watches.