closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Which watch gives you the most bang for your buck?

Master
    Blog Entries

Which watch gives you the most bang for your buck?

Watches over £1k rrp. I'm thinking in terms of quality of piece, extras etc. no price limit just interested in peoples suggestions.

This one from my current collection

Cost well under £100
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Why is this in Time Factors watches?

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Master
    My Smiths PRS29A :D

I wondered that too?

Strange choice.....

Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post

Eddie

yeah.. why? is it a provocation to TF fans here ? ;)

mines are...

Eddie

Blog Entries

Eddie
    One might ask why it's anywhere at all, since the question makes no sense without a use case to measure it against.

The Seiko above is inexpensive, good for diving, and poor for keeping track of multiple timezones.

Now if it had been asked which of the Timefactors watches offered best value for money, that would be interesting.

(PRS-25 Everest is the answer, of course!)

PRS17C for immaculate timekeeping and chrono functions; Speedbird GMT for magic lume, great presence and excellent GMT function; PRS5 for inspiring a lot of non-watch people to ask what it is; PRS22 for sheer ability to be there; PRS 25 for amazing balance of looks, build, function and price.

All amazing bang for the buck!

Master

PRS-10 all the way!

PRS-10, fantastic value from a superb piece of utilitarian horology :)

Precista PRS-10 on Silicon "Chunky" by kronografik, on Flickr

IMG_0634 by kronografik, on Flickr

Blog Entries
    one that is attached to a firework,

I think the prs 10 as mentioned offers great value for money. Great ruggedness, accuracy, historical military connection, its water resistance and improved spec... it just goes on.

Can we now ban the term 'bang for buck'? Its a dirty american euphemism. Lets try value for money or I made a killing with a shilling.

Something British anyhow.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubs View Post
    PRS17C for immaculate timekeeping and chrono functions; Speedbird GMT for magic lume, great presence and excellent GMT function; PRS5 for inspiring a lot of non-watch people to ask what it is; PRS22 for sheer ability to be there; PRS 25 for amazing balance of looks, build, function and price.

Nice response.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bond View Post
    Can we now ban the term 'bang for buck'? Its a dirty american euphemism.
    Worse than that, it's brash.

And the whole thread seems to be in the wrong place.

Quote Originally Posted by bond View Post

Can we now ban the term 'bang for buck'? Its a dirty american euphemism. Lets try value for money or I made a killing with a shilling.

Something British anyhow.
    Unless the poster has a particular dislike of nuclear weapons ( which is reasonable) then the etymology of the phrase appears to be:

A BIGGER BANG FOR THE BUCK - "A better value for one's money. This term dates from 1954, when it specifically meant more efficient use of defense appropriations, relying mainly on nuclear deterrents. The 'bang' here alludes to a nuclear explosion. It was U.S. Defense Secretary Charles E. Wilson who said this new policy would provide 'a bigger bang for the buck.' The phrase subsequently was applied to civilian issues involving a better value. It echoes an older advertising slogan for a carbonated soft drink, 'More bounce to the ounce.'" From "Fighting Words: From War, Rebellion, and other Combative Capers" by Christine Ammer (NTC Publishing Group, Chicago, Ill., 1989, 1999).

Eddie
    Eddie does have a point thou. My PRS3 LE is superb VFM, and I prefer it to an omega SMP which has a rrp of well over £1000.

Master
    Unless the poster has a particular dislike of nuclear weapons ( which is reasonable) then the etymology of the phrase appears to be:

A BIGGER BANG FOR THE BUCK - "A better value for one's money. This term dates from 1954, when it specifically meant more efficient use of defense appropriations, relying mainly on nuclear deterrents. The 'bang' here alludes to a nuclear explosion. It was U.S. Defense Secretary Charles E. Wilson who said this new policy would provide 'a bigger bang for the buck.' The phrase subsequently was applied to civilian issues involving a better value. It echoes an older advertising slogan for a carbonated soft drink, 'More bounce to the ounce.'" From "Fighting Words: From War, Rebellion, and other Combative Capers" by Christine Ammer (NTC Publishing Group, Chicago, Ill., 1989, 1999).
    Here's the 'More bounce to the ounce' slogan. There is a timefactors connection though with the speedbird strap .LMAO

I think I see a pattern developing in there, though I'm not sure.....