closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Bremont - really are as hard as nails (well harder)

Bremont - really are as hard as nails (well harder)

We have all heard about Bremonts case hardening making the watches 1000 times tougher than an oil tanker but I didn't really think much of it until I took my SM500 on holiday last week.

A few times I gave it an accidental bang against walls, metal (when trying to adjust the kids go kart seats) and a few other things. As soon as it happened I thought, "well there goes my mint looking watch" but I cannot for the life of me find a mark on it anywhere!!! The SM even has polished parts on the case and again not a mark.

Now compare this to my DSSD which is almost treble the price. There are marks appearing on this that I have no idea how they even got there! I am sure the Rolex just develops marks and dings on its own. I knocked the clasp the other day, and, yep, there was a mark straight away. Sure, it will polish out but the fact is the Bremont is a bloody tough watch and should be given consideration for anyone wanting a tough watch.

On another note, I went to the Mayfair boutique yesterday. What a pain in the arse to get to. I am not sure why they went for Mayfair, there is nothing there. Surely they won't be getting people popping in just as they walk past.

Try anything made out of titanium...I swear scratches can appear on that from cotton wool!

Wink

You're just not trying hard enough!

I have marked my MBII bezel and scratched the crystal on my SM500!

Maybe be better than Rolex but not indestructible

Re: Bremont - really are as hard as nails (well harder)

Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    Try anything made out of titanium...I swear scratches can appear on that from cotton wool!
    Not if they are properly treated or uses a good grade/alloy :). Citizen Duratect titanium are a couple times more scratch resistant than ss.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by adesmith View Post
    We have all heard about Bremonts case hardening making the watches 1000 times tougher than an oil tanker but I didn't really think much of it until I took my SM500 on holiday last week.

A few times I gave it an accidental bang against walls, metal (when trying to adjust the kids go kart seats) and a few other things. As soon as it happened I thought, "well there goes my mint looking watch" but I cannot for the life of me find a mark on it anywhere!!! The SM even has polished parts on the case and again not a mark.

Now compare this to my DSSD which is almost treble the price. There are marks appearing on this that I have no idea how they even got there! I am sure the Rolex just develops marks and dings on its own. I knocked the clasp the other day, and, yep, there was a mark straight away. Sure, it will polish out but the fact is the Bremont is a bloody tough watch and should be given consideration for anyone wanting a tough watch.

On another note, I went to the Mayfair boutique yesterday. What a pain in the arse to get to. I am not sure why they went for Mayfair, there is nothing there. Surely they won't be getting people popping in just as they walk past.

yep your right my sub has little dinks and swirls and how they get there amazes me.

Master
    Rolex use 904 grade ss which has high chemical and ant magnetic properties. Hardness is not listed as a feature!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    So true mate. My Avenger Seawolf was covered in swirlies after only a few weeks of owning it. Soft as shite but still love that look and finish. I would imagine the Pelagos would be the same and I think that looks awesome in TI.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by higham5 View Post
    Rolex use 904 grade ss which has high chemical and ant magnetic properties. Hardness is not listed as a feature!
    Is that why I'm drawn to them? That explains a lot!

While I do like my Bremont MBII very much, I suspect it's not quite as hard as they make out - the sapphire is prominent from the case due to it being domed and I've seen a few with little marks and swirls on the case which is harder to refinish I guess.

A Rolex case would be a relative doodle with its flat aspects and simple bracelet.

Ant