closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: OT: BELSTAFF JACKETS

Craftsman
    Blog Entries

OT: BELSTAFF JACKETS

I'm thinking about the above either a Panther or Brad, but before I make this huge cash outlay, I know some forum members have them, I would appreciate their opinion about the quarlity, also the fit, sizing seems all over the place,are they just a fashion jacket our a classic.Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by spurs View Post
    I'm thinking about the above either a Panther or Brad, but before I make this huge cash outlay, I know some forum members have them, I would appreciate their opinion about the quarlity, also the fit, sizing seems all over the place,are they just a fashion jacket our a classic.Thank you.

We have George & Dragon for this type of topic (?)

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by spurs View Post
    They are classic. I have the trialmaster, they are fashionable at the moment but before were purposeful jackets, which mainly motorcyclists etc wore. I love them!! shame everyone wearing them now!!

Quote Originally Posted by short_dog View Post
    ....shame everyone wearing them now!!
    Blame Will Smith!

Craftsman
    Great jackets and just try them on to ensure a good fit.
    BUT: your wife will probably hate you when you ask her to use her iron to warm in the wax reproofer after a year or so and anyone you sit next to when wearing a newly reproofed jacket will get nice grease marks on their sleeve.

Very good.

Don't ignore Barbour or in fact DrizzaBone - if you want a longer coat .

I have a Barbour International, Barbour Bedale (knackered and gardening coat) and a DrizzaBone 3/4 length to wear walking the dog.

Cheers
    Mike

Friggin cool imho

Grand Master
    Classic, Id rather buy a timeless bombprrof quality jacket that will do 3-4 decades for a grand than have 20 bits of fashion cloth
    RIAC

They're nice but there's better value in a Barbour, especially if you're going for a Trialmaster style. Get a Barbour International. They have better customer support, cost less and arguably have more heritage than Belstaff. Last year I accidentally set mine on fire in a pub, big six inch burn up the back of it, sent it back to Barbour for a repair, 40 quid, jobs a goodun, jacket back like new!

Belstaff are run by Italians now, hence the huge price hike. Barbour is still run from the UK.

Master
    Belstaff are a great, practical and fashionable brand. I've got 3 of them including that Will Smith 'Legend' one which is a little longer than the normal Trialmaster. Others are the Prof Maple in dark brown leather and the Delta in Kevlar/Ballistic Nylon. The sizes are random though, I'd never mail order one I hadn't actually tried on!!

On the Barbour equivalent, I'm sorry, don't mean any offence, but I do reckon they are becoming the new 'Burberry' with every chav seemingly sporting the Barbour badge on their chest. Barbour also do a different shape, for the more short'n'portly IMHO.

got a roadmaster one , nice jacket overall , quality is good nicely cut .
    have a coupla barbours aswell they are about on par i think , just with belstaff
    you dont see as many punters wearing them

barbour everyone and their granny and grandad have em lol

Quote Originally Posted by 33JS View Post
    Belstaff are a great, practical and fashionable brand. I've got 3 of them including that Will Smith 'Legend' one which is a little longer than the normal Trialmaster. Others are the Prof Maple in dark brown leather and the Delta in Kevlar/Ballistic Nylon. The sizes are random though, I'd never mail order one I hadn't actually tried on!!

On the Barbour equivalent, I'm sorry, don't mean any offence, but I do reckon they are becoming the new 'Burberry' with every chav seemingly sporting the Barbour badge on their chest. Barbour also do a different shape, for the more short'n'portly IMHO.
    Barbour certainly are becoming fairly popular, but you can't really argue with their classic jackets... and I'd have to disagree about the shape, I'm a broad 6'2 and find the fit perfect.

That being said, I have tried on a good few of their jackets and the sizing varies wildly.
    Last edited by nickwray; 29th August 2012 at 15:06.

Master
    Sent you a PM ;)

Long story short, as of this year Belstaff is run by a fashion conglomerate, before then for the last decade or so - since they started appearing in movies - it was an Italian company. Unfortunately the quality of the leather since they bought out the Italians has dropped. Oh and prices have gone up, the Panther is now 1195!

BUT, the stuff before the buyout was unique, the ageing effect that Belstaff used was unique to them and weatherproofed the leather. Plus if you could fit in the stuff the fit was very flattering.

Still, more in the PM. As well as details of where yo get a very reasonably price Panther in black/brown!

being Italian, I personally feel there is more marketing to Belstaff than with Barbour.

Which goes like: Belstaff is for cool people runnig vintage motorcycles, Barbur is for hearding sheep. On your shoulders.

So, the war is on, but Barbour is going too pop now, with the dead actor endorsment thing.

Hey look at me! I am a fan of dead people! Yeah!

If you catch my drift.

Shropshire, UK, by the grace of God. dougdarter@aol.com
    I have the Trialmaster Legend jacket, and I wear it all the time - had it for 3 years, and it still looks as good as new. Lighter than the 'traditional' models, and not as waxy. Very true to size, I have a 46" chest and the XXL fits with plenty of room. It doesn't look as good on me as it does on Mr Smith!!

I bought mine in Galway from a Barbour shop that was closing down for 200 euros. Chap said I was the first to try it on that it fitted.