closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: incoming - baby tuna ~ its here, now with pix

incoming - baby tuna ~ its here, now with pix

it's not here yet !!! will post pix when it is....

time to see what the seiko fuss is about.... i blame wine/ebay/submit best offer

just occurred to me, my first in house movement.... i had my eye on a sumo, but it's a "bit" big for me & the baby tuna (sardine???) was a whole lot cheaper & doesn't look like 3 other watches i have already

possibly coming to a SC near you if we don't gel (or the mrs kicks up a big fuss)

i wanted a watch to celebrate the birth of our child, so had to be an in house move't, nearly went orient, but wanted hack & hand wind

as a recent convert to WIS i've now reached a little milestone - i can wear a different watch each day of the working week!!
    Last edited by adzman808; 28th August 2012 at 14:22.

Master
    Adam
    Congrats on your new purchase. Which model/colour did you get?
    For the money they are a great buy, espesially with the hack/handwind function. Be warned though - once you start on Sieko divers it's hard to stop! (or so I've found)
    Here's a picture of mine to keep you going until the postie arrives.
    All the best,
    Si.

cheers Si,

your's is looking good

mine is the one above, bit of a departure from my usual classic-diver-style-rolex-a-like watches, but still in my diver theme.... i do really like the blue sumo.... but i suspect it'll be a little large for me (& at the price point it really should have sapphire...)

but when it comes to buying watches, never say you'll never buy as that's never a safe statement to make ;)

i'll update the thread with actual pix when it arrives

i think i did ok on the deal........... (i should wait till it gets here before saying that) it's new & was £7 more than creation (incl delivery) but coming from the UK, so no import duty woes.....

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by adzman808 View Post
    as a recent convert to WIS i've now reached a little milestone - i can wear a different watch each day of the working week!!
    That's a goal of mine! Sooooon I'll be there too. Two Seiko's are the latest addition, but now I'm aiming for an Omega :)

Master
    Before you know it, you'll have one for every day of the month... And then the year... Well you get the idea.

It's here :)

I can't believe....

i can't believe the ebay seller found a post office open on BH monday

i can't believe that parcel farce delivered it at a decent time & didn't just take it back to the depot, then post me the collection card tomorrow

i can't believe how well made this watch is

i can't believe that seiko make any money manufacturing it

i can't believe how well the look works, it's very busy but it works

i can't believe my girly wrist carries it off

bang for the buck is such an over used term, but i can't believe the bang for the buck, all in house (incl movement), hack/hand wind good bezel action, unique styling, SELs, drilled lugs, nice bracelet, quality feel, lume like a torch

hello seiko my new friend :)

some pix

not actually my first colour choice, but my second, but at the price i couldn't say no

gratuitous DOF shot as i have a new lens ;)

that's on a 6,75" folks - a lotta links were removed to get this shot :p

tall - but still in the realms of wrist presence rather than Manhattan

the bad....?

um erm, er um..... colossal not another watch argument with the mrs, but hardly seiko's fault
    annoying pin & collar system holding the bracelet together (kudos to me for losing none ;)
    took me an embarrassing amount of time to figure out the diver's extension #neverseenthatbefore (idiot wearing the watch, not the watch's fault)
    slight bezel play [side-to-side] but nowhere near as bad at the NDc i tried in the shop :evil:

edit: some end link play, but although this would normally bother me, it kinda works with the tool nature of the watch, i'm just thrilled to finally have drilled lugs !!

the yet to be determined

timekeeping
    day/date change over accuracy to midnight

i really can feel the seiko love & the what all the fuss is about.... (might look at getting a wrist transplant so i can carry off a full tuna or MM300)

ultimately i feel like a late comer to the best gig in town
    Last edited by adzman808; 28th August 2012 at 19:44.

Absolute classic mate love that Seiko this will become a classic like its older siblings Seiko lume is always hard to beat.

Master
    Adam
    Damn that was quick! A real cracker you've got there! (had i seen the steel bracleted ones before the LE i have i would have gone for those as well - I do like the look of the one with the steel bezel)
    Be carefull though mate - Seiko divers are a slippery slope! Like you i started at the lower range, but am now looking to get the MM300!
    Wear it in good health.
    Si.

Craftsman

Talking

nice looking watch that - I've been tempted by them a couple of times, but never taken the plunge as yet

Craftsman
    meant to say - does it have gold highlights on the case and bracelet, or is it just a trick of the light?

Quote Originally Posted by Neiltheeducator View Post
    meant to say - does it have gold highlights on the case and bracelet, or is it just a trick of the light?
    thanks very much

trick of the light, all SS bracelet & case

i really am delighted with it, can't believe the quality for £ & i was worried about the look, but i love how different it looks to my other watches

Quote Originally Posted by Skip View Post
    Adam
    Damn that was quick! A real cracker you've got there! (had i seen the steel bracleted ones before the LE i have i would have gone for those as well - I do like the look of the one with the steel bezel)
    Be carefull though mate - Seiko divers are a slippery slope! Like you i started at the lower range, but am now looking to get the MM300!
    Wear it in good health.
    Si.
    cheers Si

i bought it at about 11pm on sunday so i'm amazed its already on my wrist

my first choice was the similar colours i have got, but with no red & the steel bezel - but i saw this one on the 'bay & decided that it would do nicely

i could've got the other coloured one for £7 less from creation, but i was unsure how it would work with duty charges, yorkshire watches also had it, but they wanted £267 (which i'd say it's worth) but i got it for a lot less

now i've seen it in red in the flesh i'm more than happy with my choice - the splash of colour really pops, but subtly (if that makes sense?!!)

i always try & go for a SS bracelet, way i figure it - nato/rubber is a damn sight easier/cheaper to source aftermarket, so oem steel keeps the options open

Very nice! Looks great on the wrist..

Second day update

The date change is very quartz, ie starts moving well before the hour and slowly gets to the next number, no quick snap over like my Swiss movements

The day change I did not see, but it hadn't happened by half twelve

What is impressing me is the accuracy, its dropped nothing in 24 hrs, maybe it was a second slow after 8 hrs off my wrist, but its made it back up since wearing it to be bang on what I set it too at the same time yesterday

The day change I did not see, but it hadn't happened by half twelve
    If my kinetic is anything to go by, the date usually changes over between 1-3am

- Ian

Quote Originally Posted by goregasm View Post
    If my kinetic is anything to go by, the date usually changes over between 1-3am

- Ian
    cheers Ian,

by 1am it's showing the second language day (mie i think??), then i sleep, then by morning it says Thu

not sure if this is sacrilegious on a toolish diver....

But damn i like it ;D

Hirsch calf with croc pattern