closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Smiths PRS-25 Wrist shots

Journeyman

Smiths PRS-25 Wrist shots

hi everyone!

on the fence on ordering a Smiths PRS-25 Everest! specs on the net says it has a 40-41mm diameter. i have 7.75-inch wrists. not sure if this would be too small though.
    i just need that little push (nudge if you will ) to click that "order" button!

thanks in advance!
    Dean

I wouldn't hang about for to long... this batch might be around for ever now! Its a great watch and I don't think you'll be disappointed.

This shot is not much use to you as i have a 6.75 wrist - but can't imagine the extra girth you have will alter it much!! So it might help sway you...

My wrist is a fraction over 7" and my 25 is perfectly comfortable with no overhang. I doubt you would find it too small. I don't have any wrist shots but here's a couple of strap options......

Last edited by magirus; 21st August 2012 at 11:36.
    F.T.F.A.

Journeyman
    thanks oli and magirus!
    in WUS, there was a pic of the 25 (together with a PRS22 if i remember right) on an 8-inch wrist and looks good! just wanted a few more shots...
    have contacted a friend who's going to UK and will ask him to hand carry it when he goes back home!

*edit PRS 22 and 25 on an 8-inch wrist
    Last edited by Deyn Man; 21st August 2012 at 17:37.

Blog Entries
    Deyn Man,

The specs don't tell the story - the Everest does not wear small! My wrist is the same size as yours...

The bracelet makes it wear even larger IMHO...

Cheers,

Rob

My wrist is a tad smaller than yours. The Everest does not wear small...if anything I find it wears a bit large, but I'm sure you'll be pleased with it.

Craftsman
    My wrist goes back and forth between 7 1/4 and 7 3/8", and it fits perfectly.

Craftsman

PRS-25

Hi Ya Deya Man

You will be very supprised, this is a great watch I really love not been of my
    wrist for long since January. Get your order in quick

Good Luck

Nigel w

Quote Originally Posted by OliverCD View Post
    I wouldn't hang about for to long... this batch might be around for ever now! ...
    Only 6 left.

john
    "The whole purpose of mechanical watches is to be impertinent." ~ Lionel a Marca, CEO of Breguet

Journeyman
    thanks everyone for your pics and comments!
    my friend is in the UK now. i will send Eddie a message tomorrow and see how the stock situation is...
    problem is, my buddy will be back in Manila by January!
    will try tow work something out....
    again, many thanks!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Deyn Man View Post
    thanks everyone for your pics and comments!
    my friend is in the UK now. i will send Eddie a message tomorrow and see how the stock situation is...
    problem is, my buddy will be back in Manila by January!
    will try tow work something out....
    again, many thanks!
    Good choice! Mine gets worn in any situation, I have not taken it in the pool yet though.
    All around fantastic watch. :)

Here's mine on my 8inch wrist thePRS25 wears a lot bigger than most 40mm watches

Craftsman
    Mine on a 6,5" wrist:

Journeyman
    thanks for the pics! already contacted eddie... just reallocating funds now!

Smiths PRS-25 Wrist shots

Quote Originally Posted by rrfatty View Post

To be honest before I ordered my Smiths Everest PRS-25 I tried to search and read through a great deal of the related posts available on the web and had the impression that this is a very huge watch on the wrist. Perhaps because of this impression, the watch seemed to look much smaller than I had expected when I actually got it. It looks very good especially on a leather strap. I am also impressed by the performance of the Miyota 9015: it is very accurate, by properly positioning the watch at the nigh,t you could wear the watch for weeks or even months without any need to adjust the time. I once concerned about the lack of a date on this watch, but just realised this probably makes adjusting the time much easier- although such adjustment may not be necessary for a long time.
    Do you have a link to the overnight positions and their influences?

Grand Master
    Superb watch for the money, dont dither
    RIAC

Journeyman
    also, could anyone comment if they are scratch magnets?

mine arrived today and i really do have to say it feels a bit special. on the hunt for an appropriate leather strap for it now :)

I've got mine on a GasGasBones Zero-Zero in Desert Tan that arrived yesterday. It looks brilliant. I'll post a photo later.

As promised, here's a shot of my PRS-25 on one of Carl's Zero-Zero straps:

Just bought this tan Di-Modell strap, looks great!

Rod

Journeyman
    great combos just been side-tracked as of late (found a deal i couldn't resist) and the Smith would have to wait... as mentioned, my buddy will be in the UK till the Christmas break so i still have time. hopefully they don't run out of stock...

Quote Originally Posted by Deyn Man View Post
    great combos just been side-tracked as of late (found a deal i couldn't resist) and the Smith would have to wait... as mentioned, my buddy will be in the UK till the Christmas break so i still have time. hopefully they don't run out of stock...
    They've ran out already!

Luckily there should be more in stock next week....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rod View Post
    Just bought this tan Di-Modell strap, looks great!

Rod
    Great combo Rob!

Here's mine on a tapered 22 - 20 Stach strap

I'm very happy with the combo, find this strap doesn't beef up the watch too much and it's most comfy.

Master
    Excellent photo. I am drawn to the PRS-25, but I just know that hi-domed crystal would get battered and scratched on my wrist.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by pstruck View Post
    Excellent photo. I am drawn to the PRS-25, but I just know that hi-domed crystal would get battered and scratched on my wrist.
    I'm a scratch magnet but (touch wood) no problems. I don't think the watch wears big. Mine is on a papaya Toshi and is as snug as owt.

My wrist is about the same size 7.75" here is mine on a black Toshi with orange stitching.

I dont think that looks too small.

Nib

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by nibby View Post
    My wrist is about the same size 7.75" here is mine on a black Toshi with orange stitching.

I dont think that looks too small.

Nib

thanks Nib for the share! agree... it doesn't look small!!!!
    thanks for sharing man!

No longer mine but here's a picture of the Everest on my 7 inch wrist:

Should be perfect for you! I sold it because I actually though it might be a bit too big for me... not the round bit of watch case but the lug to lug dimensions and its shape and bulk.

Journeyman
    i came back to this thread again and already asked my buddy in the UK to order 1 for me! so crossing my fingers that eddie still has stock!
    he'll be arriving back in manila by the mid of january though.... but based on the feedback and reviews done on this piece, i believe it's worth the wait!!!!
    thanks to those that chimed in... your pics just gave me the final nudge to get the piece!!!!

Journeyman
    as fate would have it, eddie is on Christmas break... let's see if the order could make it before my buddy leaves UK in Jan! wish me luck!

Journeyman
    my buddy will try to send in an order for me today... hopefully he gets it before the 20th (i think that's when he's flying back to Manila). -- this is what i get for procrastinating!!!! if this does push thru, this'll be my 1st watch from eddie! crossing my fingers on this one!!!!

Journeyman
    I would not worry too much. If it's in stock I'm quite certain Eddie makes sure it get's to your friends way before the 20th. So far every watch I have ordered made it in 2 days to DK.
    Nice pick, unfortunately I have no pic of my Smith on my wrist, but I love it!

Just leaving a wristshot here too incase someone finds it helpful as a reference. Wrist is about 7 inches and strap is Equip Vintage from Crown&Buckle. Sadly I had to flip the watch but only because I felt it was bit too large, not because anything else because it truly is superb quality for the price.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by watchnoob View Post
    I would not worry too much. If it's in stock I'm quite certain Eddie makes sure it get's to your friends way before the 20th. So far every watch I have ordered made it in 2 days to DK.
    Nice pick, unfortunately I have no pic of my Smith on my wrist, but I love it!
    my friend was able to send in the order and it'll arrive in 2 days or so!!!! woot woot!!!!
    he'll be back in manila before February! so i have at least 3 more weeks of agony!
    been looking now at Everest pics including on this post for possible strap options! and man, it looks good on a lot of different straps!!!!!

Journeyman
    Really nice! Is it easy to scratch them?

Quote Originally Posted by bomben77 View Post
    Really nice! Is it easy to scratch them?
    The case is polished steel, so as much as any other polished steel watch. The crystal is plexi, so it's easier to scratch than mineral or sapphire. The good thing is that it's even easier to polish them out using poliwatch. With sapphire and mineral is a lot tougher to do the job and do it right.

Journeyman
    friend reported that he was able to receive the watch already! i think he might get one too!

he sent me some Q&D pics:

also asked him to take pics with his other watches for comparison (versus Seiko SARB059 = 42mm similar/identical specs with the SKX007):

with other watches: Seiko SARB017 (38mm) and SKX779 (42mm)

thank you very much in advance Eddie!!!
    now the loooooong wait....

Journeyman
    I really like that crystal on those pics!

Very good comparison photos, they really show the true size of the Everest.

Master
    A very nice watch and some great shots here. Been on the edge about the Everest for a while now, need to free up some watch funds!

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Kutusov View Post
    Very good comparison photos, they really show the true size of the Everest.
    yeah, been searching the web for comparison pics of the Everest and other watches and didn't see much... or at least not with watches i am familiar with... will try to take more comparison pics when i get it (i already have a breakfast date with my friend on Jan 27!!!!).

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by rico View Post
    A very nice watch and some great shots here. Been on the edge about the Everest for a while now, need to free up some watch funds!
    really excited to get mine!!!! tons of positive reviews about the Everest and aside from 5 cases (?) of popping crystals (which is a small percentage versus the total pieces sold), seems very good value for money and way too much character!!!!
    i too think i need to flip some pieces to cover for this purchase!

Journeyman
    enjoying the watch immensely!
    in fact, haven't changed watches for a week now! ss bracelet is very good but been tempted to experiment on straps!

here she is on a custom blue strap:

and on hirsch:

another wrist shot (i have 7.75" wrists):

i have a custom canvas and a custom vintage incoming... will snap pics as soon as they arrive!

Blog Entries
    Looking good Deyn! Bet it was worth the wait! Like the blue strap, looks great.

Can't be too many of these in the Philippines, so pretty exclusive too...

Rob

I've had mine for a couple of weeks now, and really love it. Been on a new black Timefactors Nato which I think really suits it.

Journeyman
    been a while since i last posted...
    loving the Everest dearly! but i find the SS bracelet to be the best for the watch (again, i have 7.75 inch wrist). the build quality of the bracelet is top nothc!!!! and maybe because it looks smaller when on straps...

here's some more pics....
    on Gnomon Nato...

on stock bracelet...