closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: 510.511 Heuer Carrera....anyone got one ?

510.511 Heuer Carrera....anyone got one ?

Hi

Possibly looking to pick up one of these rather cool & interesting pieces....the PVD coated 510.511 Heuer Carrera powered by the lemania 5100 movement.

Any experience of Service costs , crystal availability & possible PVD refinishing....?

And what would you roughly expect to pay for a poor - average - good - mint example ?

Best - Neil

Hi Neil - these are great watches combining the Heuer heritage and Lemania 5100 movement. They measure around 38mm excluding crown and like all Carrera's, they are very comfortable to wear. I have no experience with service costs or replacement crystals but I believe neither should be a problem as there is nothing out of the ordinary here. After time the PVD coating takes on a lovely mat finish but like all early examples of this finish they do tend to chip when handles without due care and attention. So a ding becomes more obvious than on a stainless steel cased watch. I would say prices will start around the £1500 mark of a good example. I sold a NOS piece on bracelet for £2750. The bracelets with correct end pieces are hard to find and the PVD coating on these are less durable than on the watch case. There is of course the sister watch reference 510.523 in brushed stainless which is superb as well. Examples of both below.
    Good luck with the search as they are quite scarce.
    regards
    Paul
    www.heuerworld.com

Hi Neil - I have a 510.523 - the non-PVD version; I had a crystal replaced for it by Nic at Heurboy for about £30, service costs for the 5100 are a little more than say a 7750 (and you may have to hunt for someone willing, capable and interested in doing it, but there are watchmakers who do a fine job - it's just knowing who).

As for price it depends - I've seen prices fluctuate quite wildly over the past year or so and with only a very few getting to market it's difficult to say for sure - I've seen £2,200 for mint condition ones from dealers, a 510.523 is up on ebay at the mo in poor nick at about that price also, a 523 went in the Bonhams Monaco auction a few months back for about £1300 - although the bidding online was cut so less buyers. Generally expect to pay between £1,600 and up for a good one certainly I'd say.

Obviously, the regulars at onthedash may be better informed!

All the best with the search - it's a great size of watch, quite delicate and not as blocky as pics would suggest - for me at least.

Andy

PS - ha! As Paul says above!

Paul

Are these 20mm endlinks cos if they are I have a bracelet and links for one of these

Cheers

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by blackie View Post
    Paul

Are these 20mm endlinks cos if they are I have a bracelet and links for one of these

Cheers
    Yes 20mm.

Neil.. (I agree with what Paul said)
    I think they are a very cool watch, in fact, one of the coolest. I can't quite put my finger on it, but they are very special.
    They aren't as big as the Autavias, and have a slim design compared to other Heuers from the same period. It is supremely comfortable.

My lil beauty..

Thanks Guys for the comments....

Backs up my own thoughts on it....I would class the one I'm looking at as poor > average , so I reckon £800 > £1000 tops....we'll see !

Best - Neil

I had a pretty similar Orfina 7177. A full factory service including fresh PVD cost EUR 595 (of which EUR 223 for the PVD) in 2009.

Paul

Cheers
    Hi
    I understand you posted sometime ago, but do you still have the 510.511 bracelet.
    Thanks
    David

Hi,
    my dad passed away recently and at the bottom of one of his drawers of stuff I found this old Carrera Heuer 510.511 watch.
    I googled the model number and found this forum post.
    Anyone have advice on service costs, getting it working and looking good again?

Paul

Cheers
    I realise this is a really old thread but if by any remote chance you would like to sell the bracelet send me a PM, as mine doesn't have the original bracelet.

Ill have a look mate but i may not have it now

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty1 View Post
    Hi,
    my dad passed away recently and at the bottom of one of his drawers of stuff I found this old Carrera Heuer 510.511 watch.
    I googled the model number and found this forum post.
    Anyone have advice on service costs, getting it working and looking good again?

I realise this is a really old thread but if by any remote chance you would like to sell the bracelet send me a PM, as mine doesn't have the original bracelet.

Anyone know what these are worth now (roughly)?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimum View Post
    Anyone know what these are worth now (roughly)?
    There's a price guide here, with the 510.511 at the bottom of the page. I have one with the bracelet and listed it on SC a while back but didn't sell it. Still in two minds but I barely wear it so might relist it again.
    https://www.heuerpriceguide.com/carr...0s-price-guide

Quote Originally Posted by deepreddave View Post
    There's a price guide here, with the 510.511 at the bottom of the page. I have one with the bracelet and listed it on SC a while back but didn't sell it. Still in two minds but I barely wear it so might relist it again.
    https://www.heuerpriceguide.com/carr...0s-price-guide
    Thanks, Dave.