closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Stolen Zeniths

Master

Stolen Zeniths

Guys, I'm going through every watch collector's nightmare. House broken into this week and virtually my entire collection taken.

About 30 watches taken, almost all vintage Zeniths, so if you see any of these for sale in any numbers be very careful. I will get a list up soon but in summary it includes 8 vintage El Primeros from the 1969-75 period, an Espada triple date moonphase, a cal 135 Chronometer, Defys, a Defy Gauss, 2 S.58s, a Captain Chronometer, Pilots and several others.

Thanks

Dave

Oh god, Dave - I'm so sorry mate, your collection was just beautiful.

Fingers crossed that you get them back.

Blog Entries
    God... I hope they'll catch these bastards! Good luck!

Really, really sorry to read this Dave and all the best in getting them back or at least getting a suitable insurance payout.

Keep an eye out in local pawn shops etc. The thief will have no idea of their value and will just be looking for quick cash, probably for their next fix unfortunately.

Cheers,
    Gary

That's horrendous news, really sorry to hear. Did you have them in a safe?
    "A man of little significance"

Craftsman
    Some people have no souls

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Panofsky View Post
    Guys, I'm going through every watch collector's nightmare. House broken into this week and virtually my entire collection taken.

About 30 watches taken, almost all vintage Zeniths, so if you see any of these for sale in any numbers be very careful. I will get a list up soon but in summary it includes 8 vintage El Primeros from the 1969-75 period, an Espada triple date moonphase, a cal 135 Chronometer, Defys, a Defy Gauss, 2 S.58s, a Captain Chronometer, Pilots and several others.

Thanks

Dave
    Im sorry to see this Dave.

If you can put up pictures of the El Prims, as Im looking to buy atthe moment and I dont want to buy yours. Equally Im actively looking and have been for a couple of months, so I will endeavour to keep my eye out.

Master
    Sorry to read this Dave and hope you get them back soon.

Worst nightmare!
    I Hope you and yours are ok and that you get your watches back.
    Perhaps try the local paper and offer a small reward for the return of your own watches, (No honour amongst thieves)
    this will also alert the whole town to the theft.

Sickened by this.

Dave.

Do you hawe pictures of watches to easy recognize?

Stolen Zeniths

Set up an eBay search for email notification if such watches are ever offered on there...

Quote Originally Posted by millie-mail View Post
    Worst nightmare!
    I Hope you and yours are ok and that you get your watches back.
    Perhaps try the local paper and offer a small reward for the return of your own watches, (No honour amongst thieves)
    this will also alert the whole town to the theft.

Sickened by this.

Dave.
    It is actually not legal to offer a reward for the return of stolen goods, or at least not using any wording that might actually result in them being returned;

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1968/60/section/23

Mental, I know...

Journeyman
    Ebay is a good adress to find stolen watches.
    I know!!!

Master
    So gutted for you Dave - I know the feeling although only one of my watches was irreplaceable. Best of luck.

Bloody hell Dave, that's appalling.

I don't live a million miles from you and Zeniths will always catch my eye if they crop up... I've a fair idea of what you had, so I'll certainly keep my eyes peeled...

Good luck mate, really hope you see them all in one piece again (and that they catch the b@st@rds who did it).

Master
    Sorry to hear about this mate, hope they ctach the theiving scum

Awful, awful news indeed. What a nightmare.

Quote Originally Posted by Cirrus View Post
    It is actually not legal to offer a reward for the return of stolen goods, or at least not using any wording that might actually result in them being returned;

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1968/60/section/23

Mental, I know...

While I'm appalled by your plight Dave, I vehermently disagree with this post.

You can offer a reward but you are not allowed to use the phrase "no questions asked."

Can't see a problem with that. That decision isn't yours, nor should it be. It's down to the rozzers and the CPS if questions are to be asked and it's not, with respect, anything you should have a say in.

Some people are prepared, it would seem, to pay criminals (who may even be responsible for the theft in the first place) for the return of the goods and offer exemption from prosecution on top, meaning that in such cases crime DOES pay.

Mental, I know....
    Last edited by Bassplayer; 7th September 2012 at 08:17.

so sorry...

So sorry to hear that Dave. I had my flat burgled many years ago and it made me suspicious of everyone. Horrible, they took musical instruments, which were (and still are) my livelihood. I felt so gutted, I share your pain, honestly.

sorry to hear that ... every collectors nightmare.

Re: Stolen Zeniths

Quote Originally Posted by Bassplayer View Post
    While I'm appalled by your plight Dave, I vehermently disagree with this post.

You can offer a reward but you are not allowed to use the phrase "no questions asked."

Can't see a problem with that. That decision isn't yours, nor should it be. It's down to the rozzers and the CPS if questions are to be asked and it's not, with respect, anything you should have a say in.

Some people are prepared, it would seem, to pay criminals (who may even be responsible for the theft in the first place) for the return of the goods and offer exemption from prosecution on top, meaning that in such cases crime DOES pay.

Mental, I know....
    That is exactly what I and the link I posted says... what, then, are you disagreeing with?