closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Chealwatch - "The Butcher of Rye"

Threaded View

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post

I sympathise with the customers who've been messed about big-style, but it's a sad situation when someone has to be dragged through the courts over poor workmanship.

Paul
    And it was completely avoidable if arrogance and ego was replaced with conscientious desire to do a good job rather than just take good money for shoddy work.

Bear in mind I had extensive civilised and respectful conversations with Mr. Heal with regard to the very things you mentioned ; vintage watches specifically and the difficulties faced in repair and service . I was completely open to it taking necessary time and additional costs beyond a routine service and told him so.

In the case of the watch which was returned to me it dates from 2005 and is an extremely popular and widely available model. So the reasons for that coming back ,from what was in that case a routine service , with an accepted associated larger charge for the fact it was a chronograph , with a problem relating specifically to the chronograph function would appear to have nothing to do with the practicalities of maintaining vintage or rare models.

Factor in that it was then returned at my cost when it was immediately found to have this problem and was then returned with exactly the same problem once again.

Also factor in that the person who I eventually sent it to for further repair (having lost all trust in Mr Heal) turned it around in 5 working days in superb condition having discovered and repaired numerous other issues with the watch that should have been readily apparent at the Chealwatch services. Although owing to their causal nature concerning the new problem the watch returned with from its initial service its highly likely they resulted from the Chealwatch service itself .

I'd say its pretty much open and shut. My only decision is whether to also go after him for the subsequent remedial repair work that had to be undertaken which cost more than the initial service from Chealwatch. And any further devaluing of the watch as a result of course.
    Last edited by Mr.D; 27th November 2013 at 19:00.