closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Forum Runner app (alternative to Tapatalk) now active on TZ-UK

Forum Runner app (alternative to Tapatalk) now active on TZ-UK

TZ-UK now supports Android and the iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad natively with Forum Runner!

What is Forum Runner?

Forum Runner is an Android/iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad App that allows you to browse this forum using a native client. This means faster access for those users since it only downloads the actual forum information rather than all the extraneous images that slow down the mobile connection.

Forum Runner Feature List

• Browse your favorite forums in an easy-to-use-interface with multiple notification types (private message, subscription, etc)
    • Fully customizable home screen with your favorite forums
    • PUSH NOTIFICATION SUPPORT : Get private message and subscribed thread updates from your favorite forums in the background!
    • Poll updates (private messages/subscriptions) from favorites on home screen - shows you a summary of which forums you have new messages or subscriptions on!
    • Image attachment thumbnail and full size viewing from threads
    • View a thread's image attachments in one convenient screen (much like the native iPhone "Photo" app)
    • Save thread images to your iPhone/iPod touch library
    • Fully search-able forums!
    • View embedded links without leaving the app, including YouTube videos
    • Supports portrait AND landscape mode
    • Full posting options (quote posts, start new thread, etc)
    • Attach unlimited photos from your library (or take a photo from the camera and attach it)
    • Full support for private messages and private message folders
    • Full support for thread subscriptions - track your favorite threads and be updated via push when they have new posts!

Some screen shots of Forum Runner running on various devices:

iPhone: Home Screen with customizable icons and notifications:

Push notification updates while outside the app:

Image attachment browser from a thread:

Fully searchable forums:

Full forum browsing:

How can I get the Forum Runner iPhone Client?

Either search "Forum Runner" in the App Store on your iPhone, or click the link below:

Get Forum Runner from App Store

How can I get the Forum Runner Android Client?

Either search "Forum Runner" in the Google Market on your Android device, or click the link below:

Get Forum Runner from Google Market

TZ-UK is published in the directory but if you can't find it, it's listed as forum.tz-uk (same as Tapatalk)

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

It's pretty good. Could actually be better than Tapatalk. I see more forums I use being available on it.
    Last edited by Christian; 28th July 2012 at 21:49.

First impressions are very good. It's a universal app so works on both the iPad and iPhone. It is quick on the iPad. The only issue so far is not being able to create a Forum Runner account for push notifications.

Well, it works :)

On tapatalk on ipad we used to be able to have a list of threads on the left and then open one on the right at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by o u t a t i m e
    On tapatalk on ipad we used to be able to have a list of threads on the left and then open one on the right at the same time.
    Sorry, pressed post by mistake before I was done... And now I seem unable to edit my post.

The question I was going to ask is whether something similar to what i described above can be done on the new app too. Cheers.

Apprentice
    Can't do anything but agree. It works really well and is simple to use. Nice!

Master
    Works great, far better than using a PC for me!!

No chance we can have tapatalk too? I use both for various forums, and my verdict is that tapatalk is a looooot better. But don't get me wrong, I'm thankful we have at least something.

Re: Forum Runner app (alternative to Tapatalk) now active on TZ-UK

This forum is already on tapatalk, that's what I'm using to post this message.

Quote Originally Posted by MattMoore View Post
    This forum is already on tapatalk, that's what I'm using to post this message.
    Oh cool... Last time I checked it wasn't any more. Will go have a look now. Thanks!

Nope. I can't find it! You sure?? It doesn't come up in searches and its not listed in the watch forum list.

Forum Runner app (alternative to Tapatalk) now active on TZ-UK

Ha! That did it... Finally back on tapatalk. Made my day!
    Thanks.

Seems to work much faster than tapatalk.

Quote Originally Posted by WingTsun View Post
    If I remember right you now have to search for "forum.tz-uk.com".
    Incredible..... been searching for it every day.!!!! - should of searched before for this..

thanks so much..

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I didnt like tapatalk much, hopefully this one will be better.

I am happy enough with tapatalk, but what do people reckon? Is this better? Is it worth look?

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I'm using it more than I did taps talk. I like the scrolling through a threads pictures, very useful but its a bit glittery on 3g I find.

Apprentice
    I use tapatalk quite a lot.

is there any win phone app that reads this forum? Board express doesn't seem to.

I think tapatalk is available for Windows phone.

Apprentice
    Happy with tapatalk (now free), but good to know. Will try

Quote Originally Posted by Jock26 View Post
    Happy with tapatalk (now free), but good to know. Will try
    Tapatalk is indeed now free but...

Monetization for Forum Owners – Tapatalk to begin testing ad formats

Dear Forum Owners,

We are excited to announce that Tapatalk is going to begin testing a free version of Tapatalk and in-app ads as a way to help you make money from mobile traffic.

Moving from a paid app to a free app

We recently started to offer the Tapatalk app for free for iOS devices. Since we began to test the free version, we are very happy to report a significant increase in downloads.

Testing ad formats

In the next few days, we will begin to test ad formats on Tapatalk. The ad formats will be integrated within topics, and there will be three formats; banner ads, app installs, and “Promoted Topics” (similar to Facebook’s Sponsored Stories).

During this initial phase, we will be testing technical integrations. The frequency of ads will be very low, and many of your users may never see an ad.

You can view screen shots of the ad formats in the Tapatalk Engagement and Monetization support forums.

After the test

We expect the test phase to run 30-90 days. At the end of test, we will have a good understanding of the performance of the various ad formats. We will also determine the revenue model, and we will retroactively share the ad revenue from the test period with you.

We are excited about helping you earn money from users accessing your forum through Tapatalk. Over the next few weeks, we will provide you updates on the test and will monitor and respond to feedback on the Tapatalk Engagement and Monetization support forum.

If you prefer that your Forum not participate in the pilot, please email me at eric@tapatalk.com

Eric Sternbach
    Head of Community Monetization
    Tapatalk

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post
    Tapatalk is indeed now free but...

Eddie
    Good point! I've noticed some external links that looked like new topics on other forums..

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Papi View Post
    I use tapatalk quite a lot.
    I use tapatalk a lot, works ok for me. New to this forum so will see how it goes on this one too.