closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: My Black Bay strap and clasp have arrived

Craftsman

My Black Bay strap and clasp have arrived

Forgive me for being a bit giddy about this but I bought my Black Bay last year on a bracelet as it was the best value and I was told it was not clear if/when Tudor would be selling the bracelet as a part. I like as many options as possible on my watches as I am always flipping combinations. Once my BB arrived, I soon ordered the strap/clasp from the local UK AD. I have worn the watch a fair bit on its bracelet but I have been hankering after it on leather. It has taken almost exactly twelve weeks for the two parts to arrive but here they are:-

Part numbers shown in case in helps others who may be after the same.

Quickly fitted - although tight b**gers did not include new spring bars with strap

Very happy with it

Craftsman
    That's strap is superb! Would love to try one on my Sub ND, but it's very hard to find one similar.

Enjoy :)

Craftsman
    When I was getting frustrated waiting for mine to arrive, I looked into options and found bomber jacket straps appeared a close (and cheaper) alternative. Such as:- http://www.strappedfortime.com/shop/...spx?itemid=248
    I decided to wait so never bought one.

Blog Entries
    How much do they charge for the strap? I like these Black Bays but like you I would love to get both strap and bracelet.

Craftsman
    Leather strap and polished stainless clasp was £300 when I ordered last year

Master
    There's a sticker on the case back ;-)

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by demonloop View Post
    There's a sticker on the case back ;-)
    ??????

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by donny View Post
    Leather strap and polished stainless clasp was £300 when I ordered last year
    Good price, given the quality. Thanks for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by Joppers View Post
    That's strap is superb! Would love to try one on my Sub ND, but it's very hard to find one similar.

Enjoy :)
    might be wrong...

but I think you'll find the BB has a 22mm lug width (your sub <obv> will be 20mm) so be quite a pinch to get a BB strap on there!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by adzman808 View Post
    might be wrong...

but I think you'll find the BB has a 22mm lug width (your sub <obv> will be 20mm) so be quite a pinch to get a BB strap on there!
    Ah, cool, thanks for letting me know!

Craftsman

Spot on with lug width info but I am sure the 22mm Tudor would fit into the 20mm Rolex gap. I might even give it go on my 5513 if I get chance.
    Last edited by donny; 12th March 2013 at 07:31.

Craftsman
    Just picked up mine too! i think the strap looks cheap and lightweight ! The deployment is good tho' I also had to send the watch to Rolex via Goldsmiths

for the fitting !??! . THey would not let the dealer or me fit them ! I have n't got any spare spring bars either When I ordered in the middle of February it

was £130 for the strap £220 for the deployment .

I think I will be putting the steel strap back on pretty soon .

Craftsman
    I've taken a punt on the bomber jacket strap that Donny mentioned above, so will post a pic when it arrives. Cheers

Craftsman
    Strange they insisted on fitting.

In my case, Tudor/Rolex just sent the parts out to my AD, they just handed them over still sealed in the packaging - no mention of fitting at all - although I did get a decent cup of coffee I took the bits home and fitted them myself.

My parts were also a bit cheaper but maybe because I buy a fair bit from them - that said they did not mention a discount - or maybe there was a price increase (I ordered mine last year)

I have the BB on today (on the strap) - hoping to bed in in a bit. I agree I thought the strap wiould be a bit more substantial - seems a bit 'lost' at the lugs - but it seems to wear ok.

Craftsman
    Could n't agree more about being " lost " on the lugs . That's the thing I dislike the most , how there is a huge amount of case being exposed above the

strap and spring bar . Just looks wrong to me .

Wow I am getting picky in my old age .

Craftsman
    Sorry forgot . I absolutely love the watch !

Blog Entries
    I've taken a punt on the bomber jacket strap that Donny mentioned above, so will post a pic when it arrives. Cheers
    Here is that strap on my recent Black Bay Seiko mod:

I think they do it in 20mm for your Sub? I wouldn't try squeezing the expensive OEM Tudor strap into 20mm lugs, it'll never sit right in 22mm again if you do!

Rob

Craftsman
    Looks great Rob, love that mod :) I went for the black bomber strap in the end as I thought the weathered black with white stitch might suit the Sub a little better than the brown. I can always order the brown at a later date. Cheers.
    Last edited by Joppers; 12th March 2013 at 14:13.

Craftsman
    I received my black bomber jacket strap the other day, so I thought a quick picture would be appropriate:

I'm rather liking it :)

I received my black bomber jacket strap the other day, so I thought a quick picture would be appropriate:

I'm rather liking it :)
    yep. looks good man

Craftsman
    What do you think about the quality of the black bomber jacket strap? Did the clasp come with it? Interested in a review as I am thinking about one for my 5513.

Craftsman
    It's pretty good quality Donny, perhaps a little stiff, but that's to be expected. It came with a polished tang style buckle pre-attached.

I wasn't quite sure what to expect from the various photos, but I'm glad I went for it, the distressed nature of the leather is really nice, especially considering the reasonable price.

Craftsman
    is it good enough to be on a Rolex?? if you know what I mean? just that I am hovering about to order one

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy Russo View Post
    yep. looks good man
    Agreed does look very good. What's the delivery time on these straps?

Craftsman
    Well that's hard to say Donny! I regularly wear my Sub on a NATO, so I don't really have any qualms about wearing the Sub on a cheaper strap.

All I can say is that it's a nice strap for the money. I'm sure it's nowhere near as nice as the Black Bay leather strap, but that's considerably more expensive.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by a-new-hope View Post
    Agreed does look very good. What's the delivery time on these straps?
    It was just over 7 days for me.

Craftsman
    Thanks for the quick replies Joppers - I have just ordered a black 20mm

Thanks for the heads up and pics of those bomber straps. I've been looking for something like that. Now to decide if I want brown or black

Craftsman
    Thanks chaps, I think it suits the Sub really well.

Quote Originally Posted by ozzies View Post
    Just picked up mine too! i think the strap looks cheap and lightweight ! The deployment is good tho' I also had to send the watch to Rolex via Goldsmiths

for the fitting !??! . THey would not let the dealer or me fit them ! I have n't got any spare spring bars either When I ordered in the middle of February it

was £130 for the strap £220 for the deployment .

I think I will be putting the steel strap back on pretty soon .
    Exactly the same thing they told me - in fact the quote was, "there are so few of these watches in the UK, they want to check you actually own one" and "they clasp is handmade to order and they will not order it until they have seen your watch", lastly, "Rolex UK are insisting on fitting it!"

The store clerk did their best to reason with Rolex but, of course, got no where. I don't fault the shop but Rolex UK need their heads testing. They expect me to send them my watch (via the AD), they have stated it will take 3-weeks for it to get to the point where they will review it and order the clasp. They have then quoted 3-months wait for the clasp (the strap is in stock) and will hold my watch until the clasp arrives because they insist of fitting it.
    Last edited by AM94; 25th April 2013 at 10:34.

Craftsman
    I didn't have any of this silliness - my AD just handed over the parts and off I went

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by AM94 View Post
    Exactly the same thing they told me - in fact the quote was, "there are so few of these watches in the UK, they want to check you actually own one" and "they clasp is handmade to order and they will not order it until they have seen your watch", lastly, "Rolex UK are insisting on fitting it!"

The store clerk did their best to reason with Rolex but, of course, got no where. I don't fault the shop but Rolex UK need their heads testing. They expect me to send them my watch (via the AD), they have stated it will take 3-weeks for it to get to the point where they will review it and order the clasp. They have then quoted 3-months wait for the clasp (the strap is in stock) and will hold my watch until the clasp arrives because they insist of fitting it.
    Well at least they are getting consistent in their policy . For the record I have refitted my steel strap as I much prefer it .

Ian

Craftsman
    Mines is on its strap and has been seeing wrist time as a Friday or weekend watch. More than likely it will be going to the bracelet as the weather warms up. As a package I think it is better on the bracelet.

As a PSA I can get the official Tudor bracelet for £262 from a Bangkok Rolex AD. Downside is there is a 3 month lead time. But that price for the bracelet is worth the wait!

I had the option of either bracelet or leather strap when I bought mine (they had both in stock). I took the bracelet, with the intention of buying the strap when back in the UK. I've been wearing it for the past two weeks and actually really like it on the bracelet (aesthetically I preferred it on the leather at first), so it is good to hear that perhaps Rolex have done in a favour by making it such a challenge for me to spend money with them.

Journeyman
    Sorry to revive an old thread - I have been after a tudor deployment for ages... I would love to fit the OEM black bay leather strap to my tudor heritage chrono. Only one problem - none of my local ADs (midlands) will sell me one. They all call Rolex who tell them if it aint a Black Bay I cant have it. Any advice or help for a forum member would be much appreciated!

Craftsman

My local AD never saw my Black Bay. I told them what I needed, I paid, they ordered, we waited, I collected & I fitted. Maybe things have changed but it wasn't a problem for me earlier this year.