closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: TudorCollector on Tour.....

TudorCollector on Tour.....

I recently met up with a fellow Rolex and Tudor enthusiast to have a coffee and compare some new additions we both had. There were some nice watches on the table and quite a few military issue watches, mainly Tudor Subs and fantastic 5517!!

There are still so many new things for us to learn about Tudor watches; details of dials, issue info etc etc. One of the biggest excitements was to get two South African Navy issued Tudor Subs together for the first time. I will be publishing my research on these when we launch Version2 of tudorcollector.com in the next couple of weeks, so be sure to check it out.

So, on to the pics

French Navy MNs together a MN77 and a MN81.

It was nice to have both snowflake and merc handed versions side by side. Also pictured is an MN issue Spirotechnique depth gauge.

Chono call! Very nice 7149 on a cool matching NATO.

Heritage happens. Both variants of dial.

A cousin makes an appearance 5517

Another issued cousin Comex 1665

First time that Ive ever seen this online two South African Navy Tudor Subs together!! Ive spent some considerable time researching these watches and it was fascinating to compare the small details that make these watches so special and rare!

Tudor MilSubs SA, SA, MN77 & MN81

And finally the Tudor group shot one big happy family!

Thanks for looking!

Ross

Love that 7149 especially, but they're all great. Really good to see Tudor becoming such an increasingly strong focus of WIS attention.

Nice collection.

I didn't intend a Tudor collection, but they made lovely watches so I now have three, one of which is an MN Sub.

Journeyman

Re:

Hi Ross,

That's a nice overview! Would you mind telling me where you bought the black strap with orange lining on the heritage chrono?

Thanks,

Daan

Quote Originally Posted by davide View Post
    Nice collection.

I didn't intend a Tudor collection, but they made lovely watches so I now have three, one of which is an MN Sub.

That's a nice looking 'flake there.

Hi Ross,

I saw your post with all the Tudor watches put together and you appear to be really knowledgable on the subject. Could I ask for your opinion on the Snowflake that I am discussing in the TZ thread below.

Would you agree with our conclusions that it is a service dial and hands?

http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.ph...dor+submariner

I am looking for my first Snowflake and having only graduated recently need to find a good deal.

If you know of any black faced Snowflakes for sale I'd be interested to hear too.

Thanks for the great website also - really useful!

That is a lovely collection.

I was in Glasgow today and spotted someone with exactly the same big block Tudor Chronograph on his wrist and they still look good.

Thank you for the photos. I must say, give me any Snowflake...any...just love them! But the 5517 and 1665 are the crowns for me :)

Some lovely and interesting stuff there Ross.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

I love Tudor Subs, seem to wear them more than my SD...

Cadiz, Spain.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Retep View Post
    I love Tudor Subs, seem to wear them more than my SD...

Cadiz, Spain.
    Nice picture, great looking watch.... but Rolex Comex is just the grail for me

You and Ian should get back to work...

Nice pics.

Catch up soon mate.

J

PS Up to 12 now....although might have to let some go as I have found a rather special car....