closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Advice in Sea-Dweller pricing

Advice in Sea-Dweller pricing

Evening folks. Need some advice on selling my SD.

some of you might remember my service nightmare.

https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...-service-issue

Some people will be put off by the service case etc others less so.

What do you think I should price this at? Not sure the greys are buying these atm

cheers
    mike

ps and obvs this isn’t a covert sales post as I can post on SC. Just don’t want to price too high and get loads of grief. Condition is as per post above. In the end I continued to use a dive computer so this has sat in the safe.

Craftsman
    Really tough one, I don't actually think it devalues it to me but I understand it will for some. Certainly if you were selling it post service it wouldn't for me.

Now, I'd want to pay less (say £500) than a freshly serviced one but not much less than that hadn't been serviced.

Mmmm...............

I'm going to say that ~£1k less than the top price for a mint, recently serviced, not refinished one - might be right.

Might sound harsh, but in a world where a guarantee paper from 20yrs ago - is deemed important, then ON HERE - you could be looking at the sort of difference I mentioned.

BUT - sell on Ebay, and you may halve that difference, or not take a hit at all?

(just my ramblings)

I remember your original thread and commented after you received the watch back. Something that I thought strange at the time, with it being a 2007 watch I wondered how you ended up with a replacement case with lug holes, mine is a 2006 watch and doesn't have them. Could yours have been an earlier serial number 16600 and possibly sat in the shop for several years before selling? Mine is a Z serial and I believe yours probably would have been too before being recased.

I’ll check. Rolex Did what they did !
    Last edited by P9MES; 27th January 2023 at 21:53.

Interesting that they replaced the case for one with lug holes, I didn't realise that in the previous thread. Possibly a plus. No ideaon values, sorry

Master
    I've not revisited the original thread but would consider pricing a recased 16600 at perhaps 10-15% less than an equivalent which had not been recased.

The service itself would make such a watch more a little valuable that it otherwise would have been.

Rolex UK seems to be earning quite a name for itself when it comes to saying that watches need expensive work and recasing in recent times.....

Quote Originally Posted by Haywood_Milton View Post
    I've not revisited the original thread but would consider pricing a recased 16600 at perhaps 10-15% less than an equivalent which had not been recased.

The service itself would make such a watch more a little valuable that it otherwise would have been.

Rolex UK seems to be earning quite a name for itself when it comes to saying that watches need expensive work and recasing in recent times.....
    Thanks for you expert view Hayward

I’m no looking to make a fortune. Just a descent price to keep an honest watch on the forum.

Resurrecting this thread. Before I list on SC what do we reckon? 7.5k sensible?

M

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by P9MES View Post
    Resurrecting this thread. Before I list on SC what do we reckon? 7.5k sensible?

M
    A full set nice example sold not so long ago for 8.5k,well advertised at that.
    So Id use that as a guide for mine if I were going to sell one.Perhaps taking into account yours and its issues I think you would be somewhere close,assuming a full set also.
    But as we can all see the Rolex bubble has lost some of its helium,and more like a lead balloon at the moment!.
    Ill be interested to watch it if you list it for sale tho......glwts.