closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: New Arrival! Tudor Content - Got the wrong watch!

Master

New Arrival! Tudor Content - Got the wrong watch!

So I ordered a Tudor Black Bay 58 in Black.

M79030N-0001
    BLACK BAY FIFTY-EIGHT

Deal was done and today I got this!

M79230N-0009
    BLACK BAY

It's a more expensive watch by a few quid (i paid the same price) and as we have said already this week, they look very damn similar, but it's not what I ordered!

Craftsman
    Very nice!! I prefer it to the black wear in good health

So you got sent the 41mm BB black in error, guess it depends on which size you prefer as to whether you return it - I think the 41 is a better, sportier size for a diver, it’s only the thickness that puts me off, if Tudor resolved this by slimming down the movement like they have for the 58 then I personally would prefer this over the 58.

Haha they are pretty similar looking, but still unbelievable that they have sent you the wrong watch. Doesn’t matter how similar it is, it’s still not what you ordered! Where did you buy it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by enndriz View Post
    Haha they are pretty similar looking, but still unbelievable that they have sent you the wrong watch. Doesn’t matter how similar it is, it’s still not what you ordered! Where did you buy it?

Retailer in Windsor, they had both units in stock and I chose the Fifty Eight due to it's rarity/investment value.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Very bad.

Assuming you have spoke to them, what have they to say on the matter?
    Cheers,

Ben

..... for I have become the Jedi of flippers

" an extravagance is anything you buy that is of no earthly use to your wife "

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ben4watches View Post
    Very bad.

Assuming you have spoke to them, what have they to say on the matter?
    Emailed them as the stores are currently closed. Why didn't they send me a Daytona :)

Quote Originally Posted by uktotty View Post
    Retailer in Windsor, they had both units in stock and I chose the Fifty Eight due to it's rarity/investment value.
    As long as they are still making them in fairly large quantities I wouldn’t hold out too much hope on the rarity/investment angle with either of them. Go with the better size would be my advice

Master
    Update! She's driving over with my watch to collect this rogue watch this afternoon!

How about that for service, she was sooooo embarrassed at the cock up

Quote Originally Posted by enndriz View Post
    As long as they are still making them in fairly large quantities I wouldn’t hold out too much hope on the rarity/investment angle with either of them. Go with the better size would be my advice

I love the 58s and am contemplating adding one to the collection but rare investment piece they aren't.

Master
    Update! She's driving over with my watch to collect this rogue watch this afternoon!

Shame they messed up in the first place but excellent service to correct their mistake👍

Excellent. Ask her to hang around for 10 mins while you try them both on to see which you prefer! Least they are sorting quickly for you

Is this the same outfit that sold the worn Tudor chrono as brand spankers (albeit now happily resolved)?

I'm not sure investment value should come into the equation with a Tudor Black Bay...the supply isn't restricted enough to have much of an effect. Definitely get the size that you prefer.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by hughtrimble View Post
    Is this the same outfit that sold the worn Tudor chrono as brand spankers (albeit now happily resolved)?
    Exactly the same guys! She was mortified :D
    Mind you it did mean i got a few quid off the Fastrider and a few quid off the Black Bay.
    My thoughts are that everyone makes mistakes and it's how you fix it that is the defining factor. They have done well, despite the initial balls up.
    to be fair Hugh, your transaction with me was the best i've ever had with anyone so you have set the bar very high :)

I hope you actually like wearing the watch, because it's neither rare nor an investment. Glad they are sorting their error for you though.

Quote Originally Posted by scootnfast View Post
    Very nice!! I prefer it to the black wear in good health
    Uhm, both watches in question are black.

Journeyman
    Thats poor to be fair.

I prefer my BB (black) over a 58; i know im in the minority here but i like the size and less gold bits; both beauties and modern classics though.

Mind you it did mean i got a few quid off the Fastrider and a few quid off the Black Bay.
    My thoughts are that everyone makes mistakes and it's how you fix it that is the defining factor. They have done well, despite the initial balls up.
    to be fair Hugh, your transaction with me was the best i've ever had with anyone so you have set the bar very high :)
    That's very kind of you indeed!

Craftsman
    Talk about service, good and bad! I've had the 41 and found it too slab sided. 58, looks great and I personally love the rose gold details.

Quote Originally Posted by RajLondon View Post
    Talk about service, good and bad! I've had the 41 and found it too slab sided. 58, looks great and I personally love the rose gold details.
    I have a 41 steel bezel and love it. Slabby for sure but feels nice.

Blog Entries
    Yes, it's how people fix mistakes that make the difference. I always think we should be generous to people when they do their best to put things right.

Nice watch btw, even though I'm not a fan of Tudor.
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.