closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Tudor Pelagos maybe with AD's soon!

Tudor Pelagos maybe with AD's soon!

Just a quick heads up for those waiting for the Pelagos to surface at AD's and then make its way to the UK...

I spoke with the AD in Stockholm yesterday and they have been told to expect it at 'anytime'. Supposedly Tudor have been telling them this for a few months.

I can check back in two weeks time when they get their next delivery. The listed price was 33,350 kr.

The Black Bay was pretty cool too - they have sold one here and have one left.

I'll update this post in a couple of weeks if the Pelagos arrives.

And on a side note, for those who haven't visited, this city is riddled with goddesses!

Journeyman

Re: Tudor Pelagos maybe with AD's soon!

Let's hope so.

However, after making a dozen calls last week to about 10 different Rolex AD's in the UK, ALL of them said they cannot get them, so I'm not overly optimistic. One even phoned Rolex while I was on the line.

I even dropped into the conversation that, if they could obtain both the Black Bay and Pelagos, I'd have both.... still no joy :(

UK Rolex AD's don't seem to have any ability to get them - which is hardly surprising when the official Tudor AD's are waiting for stock in some cases.

It will be easy enough to source one from Europe though, and I would expect a good discount too :)
    It's just a matter of time...

Blog Entries

I'm just hoping the Black Bay is available by October. Just in time for my 40th :D

Quote Originally Posted by thattallchap
    I'm just hoping the Black Bay is available by October. Just in time for my 40th :D
    You mean you're only 39? :wink:

Funnily enough I was in the Tudor AD in Singapore and asked the same question and was told end of the month.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic
    Quote Originally Posted by thattallchap
    You mean you're only 39? :wink:
    Old fart at heart mate

Quote Originally Posted by ODLOWEND
    And on a side note, for those who haven't visited, this city is riddled with goddesses!
    Availability and listprice please! :mrgreen:

Tudor Pelagos maybe with AD's soon!

That would be wonderful. Keep us posted!

Hi all

Pelagos = 3360€

Expected within the next three months.

Thanks
    deano

The range of prices quoted above is $4200 - $4700. At that price, the Pelagos is costlier than a whole host of nice divers. Including a pretty new (4 or 5 year old) 16610 Submariner, or a NOS titanium Aquatimer on bracelet, or even a late model PAM 25 in titanium. I think it only works if the Tudor sells in the low to mid $3000s.

Quote Originally Posted by jbravo
    At that price, the Pelagos is costlier than ...a pretty new (4 or 5 year old) 16610 Submariner, or a NOS titanium Aquatimer on bracelet, or even a late model PAM 25 in titanium.
    Irrelevant. They're OOP and / or second hand. This is new.

Most of us can't consider the price alternatives as irrelevant when looking to buy a watch. The Pelagos is a very cool watch that I'd like to own - so other watches are irrelevant to that subjective opinion. But if my choice is between a F serial 16610 and a Pelagos, for instance, it becomes very relevant indeed. The choices at a given price matter a great deal in deciding to actually buy a watch, even if they don't matter at all in formulating an opinion of the watch involved!

Most of us can't consider the price alternatives as irrelevant when looking to buy a watch. The Pelagos is a very cool watch that I'd like to own - so other watches are irrelevant to that subjective opinion. But if my choice is between a F serial 16610 and a Pelagos, for instance, it becomes very relevant indeed. The choices at a given price matter a great deal in deciding to actually buy a watch, even if they don't matter at all in formulating an opinion of the watch involved!
    I thought the Pelagos was going to be around £2500 - the 16610 is closer to £3500 for a nice used example and maybe more for one of the later serials. Like for like it would be at least £1500 more for the 16610, if you could find a BNIB/LNIB example.

For most people it is irrelevant - most people spending £1k plus on a watch would be buying a brand new watch - so it would be £5500+ for a 116610 Sub, or half that for a more advanced Tudor (albeit ETA engined) ;)

Prices here in the USA are a bit better I guess. A nice recent Sub is in the same 3360 euro range.

You are right that for most people this is an irrelevancy. But for the folks who read TZ-UK, the idea of a used watch is the first thought, not the last. :)

The (changing) second hand market of long gone products is irrelevant to deciding a new product's price. Whether you decide to look into second hand options when considering a purchase is your prerogotive, but I doubt very much Tudor would be at all concerned with that market; or too any of the vast majority of potential customers who have no idea what those models are you mention, let alone their current values.

Quote Originally Posted by PCP
    The (changing) second hand market of long gone products is irrelevant to deciding a new product's price. Whether you decide to look into second hand options when considering a purchase is your prerogotive, but I doubt very much Tudor would be at all concerned with that market; or too any of the vast majority of potential customers who have no idea what those models are you mention, let alone their current values.
    You're entirely correct - I just thought we were watch enthusiasts talking about a new watch and its coming to market. For us, I suspect the calculus is very different than all those 'potential customers' don't have the slightest idea of what "snowflake" hands are.

Of course, I may be wrong there too, and most of the denizens of this pool may not think about those long gone models like Ti Aquatimers and non-ceramic Submariners either. Design cues from the '70s don't excite them, and they probably only look to buy new watches too whenever the price exceeds a thou or so...

The range of prices quoted above is $4200 - $4700. At that price, the Pelagos is costlier than a whole host of nice divers. Including a pretty new (4 or 5 year old) 16610 Submariner, or a NOS titanium Aquatimer on bracelet, or even a late model PAM 25 in titanium. I think it only works if the Tudor sells in the low to mid $3000s.
    Considering that VAT is 25% here in Sweden and nothing is inexpensive, I wonder if the 33,000 SEK that I quoted will be the highest retail price?

I suppose at the other end of the price range would be the Channel Islands? I will be stopping there in the fall after my Baltic cruise and imagine a very good deal could be had if they in fact stock Tudor in the AD's?

Otherwise, I agree that in both looks and value the ti Aquatimers, especially the 3536, are very similar. That is why I intend to be wearing mine when I check out the Pelagos once it arrives here in Stockholm!

Hi

Here are a few pictures of the brochure:

They didn't have (or wouldn't give me) the price list, rather just tell me the prices.

Thanks
    deano

Apologies for the thread resurrection but I noticed yesterday that Bucherer in Vienna have a Pelagos in the window for €3240. If I get the time I'll have a look at it next week.
    In the Sotadic Zone, apparently.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ODLOWEND View Post
    Just a quick heads up for those waiting for the Pelagos to surface at AD's and then make its way to the UK...

I spoke with the AD in Stockholm yesterday and they have been told to expect it at 'anytime'. Supposedly Tudor have been telling them this for a few months.
    That's encouraging if you are in Stockholm, but unfortunately there are no UK Tudor dealers and there is no chance of seeing one on the horizon.
    ...but what do I know; I don't even like watches!

Blog Entries
    Considering the fact that you can get a new Tudor HydronautII or Day-Date for between 1000,- and 1500,- Euro's, I think this is just to much for another 2824 powered watch.

Daddel.
    Got a new watch, divers watch it is, had to drown the bastard to get it!

Journeyman
    i've seen pics over at the other forum (comparing the old sea dweller, the Deep Sea, and the Pelagos) and the Pelagos looks great!!!! hoping to see one in the metal!!!!

Master
    I tried one on at the airport yesterday and was very tempted indeed but the thought of paying north of 2k for a 2824 seemed a little crazy and hard to justify to SWMBO. Very comfy and light on the wrist. Felt more understated than some pictures suggest. I preferred it to the new 114060 which seemed too chunky and square without the elegance of its predecessor.

I tried the Pelagos in Vienna; too big for me I think but nice nevertheless. They only had the one and also said that they had a waiting list for the Black Bay.

They had both the Pelagos and the Black Bay (2 of) at Geneva airport last night. I tried the Black Bay which seemed to be smaller than the Pelagos however the sample that they had was on the nylon strap so it might all be smoke and mirrors. The price on the Black Bay was CHF 2990 which I calculated in a minor state of inebriation to be £ 2062.10.

Craftsman
    I bought a Black Bay at Bucherer in Lugano 2 weeks ago. It was the metal strap and nylon strap version. Worked out to be approx £2100 give or take a few pounds. Very pleased with the watch.

It was the only one in stock and they said it was only the 3rd one that they had had. So if Bucherer have only had 3 in Lugano stocks must be very scarce.Thay had no idea how long a separate leather strap order would take , infact they would not accept an order. Asked for an educated guess I got at least 3 months.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey-r View Post
    Let's hope so.

However, after making a dozen calls last week to about 10 different Rolex AD's in the UK, ALL of them said they cannot get them, so I'm not overly optimistic. One even phoned Rolex while I was on the line.

I even dropped into the conversation that, if they could obtain both the Black Bay and Pelagos, I'd have both.... still no joy :(
    It must be wonderful to be a business like Rolex, where you actually have customers waiting to put £5000+ in your hands, literally asking them to sell you something, and they won't. Insanity.

Quote Originally Posted by ozzies View Post
    I bought a Black Bay at Bucherer in Lugano 2 weeks ago. It was the metal strap and nylon strap version. Worked out to be approx £2100 give or take a few pounds. Very pleased with the watch.
    The one I was looking at had a nylon strap and bracelet - I actually made the poor lady at the counter get the box out and show me that the bracelet was in it. It was also news to me that the nylon strap is not actually a proper NATO; it's one piece but you need to take out the spring bars to fit. Also checked the list price of a Grantour non-chrono; CHF 2650.

I think they all come with the nylon, its the strap or bracelet that you have to chose between

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by chicaneuk View Post
    It must be wonderful to be a business like Rolex, where you actually have customers waiting to put £5000+ in your hands, literally asking them to sell you something, and they won't. Insanity.
    If Rolex can keep Tudor out of discrete market places such as The UK and the US then it is a big strategic decision to bring them in. To allow the odd 'leak' even for a valued customer bearing cash has implications such as servicing and back up. It's not as simple as taking the money and running.

What is your wrist size and is the Omega 2254 'too' big for you ?

Quote Originally Posted by Carlton-Browne View Post
    I tried the Pelagos in Vienna; too big for me I think but nice nevertheless.