closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: My first Rolex

Craftsman

My first Rolex

Some of you will have seen my other thread but thought I ought to start a new one.

I picked up my very first Rolex from another TZ'er and to say I am delighted is an understatement. I first seen the watch a few years ago, but at the time I couldn't afford a £50 watch, let alone a bloody Rolex! So I added it to my wish list along with countless Ferrari's, Lamborghini's, mansions etc etc.

I was in the USA last year and happened to come across a Rolex shop. I went in and had a good look at the watches. I never really fancied any of the divers and still don't. They just don't grab me like the Milgauss does. Anyway I was asked if I would like to try it on. Of course I accepted and from that moment I knew I had to own this watch.

And here we are, 10months later and this is on my wrist;

I absolutely love this watch. I didn't think I'd match the feeling of pride, joy and achievement when I bought my Tag Heuer at Christmas but buying this Rolex has well and truly eclipsed that feeling. The watch just oozes quality. I daren't take off all the protective wrapping but a the same time I cannot wait to give it it's first outing this weekend. :D

Ps. My only gripe with the watch is that the Rolex crown on the crown, when fully screwed in, doesn't face the correct way up :( Maybe a touch OCD but my Tag and Raymond Weil both have well aligned crowns so I'd definetly expect it from Rolex.

Master

Re: My first Rolex

It's never really been a design that I like, but I reckon in years to come, that's going to be a classic. Congratulations on your first Rolex!

I'm intrigued. What's the lume like?

Craftsman

Quote Originally Posted by Tahiti

I'm intrigued. What's the lume like?
    I'm not too sure yet as it hasn't been worn yet. Although I have seen various lume shots online and it looks great. Blue lume on the dial and green lume on the hands.

Love it! My next piece is gonna be the GV

Master

:D Should have Googled! Thanks for the reply.

Master

Really nice watch. Congratulations. Now you've got the bug what next?

Craftsman

Quote Originally Posted by waiteu2
    Really nice watch. Congratulations. Now you've got the bug what next?
    A house!! :shock:

Congrats

I remember the other thread and i never doubted we'd see a wrist shot soon

Be interesting to know about the crown position, like you say i'd expect that to be perfect on a rolex.... (not that i have one to compare notes)

Master

Quote Originally Posted by adzman808
    Congrats

I remember the other thread and i never doubted we'd see a wrist shot soon

Be interesting to know about the crown position, like you say i'd expect that to be perfect on a rolex.... (not that i have one to compare notes)
    Rolex never line the crown up, to my knowledge nor does AP, etc. I have a feeling one forum even has a thread explaining why a rolex crown can't line up while maintaining absolute integrity.

Nonetheless, I love the milgauss! Hope you enjoy the White milly, your photos are superb!! Here is mine.

Master

Rolex never line the crown up, to my knowledge nor does AP, etc. I have a feeling one forum even has a thread explaining why a rolex crown can't line up while maintaining absolute integrity.

Yes they do! The new explorer does. You can force it past but in its 'snug' position it's bang on. It's intentional btw.

Master

Yes they do! The new explorer does. You can force it past but in its 'snug' position it's bang on. It's intentional btw.
    You certain about that?

Master

On mine, yes. The 2 pictures you posted seem to be from different watches so whose to say if the crowns pulled or not. There's a couple of reviews posted online stating this and mines bang on. Maybe it's just luck !

My first Rolex

On mine, yes. The 2 pictures you posted seem to be from different watches so whose to say if the crowns pulled or not. There's a couple of reviews posted online stating this and mines bang on. Maybe it's just luck !
    My crown lines up perfectly on my 16600, judging from what people are saying its down to pure luck....

Journeyman

That Milgauss is lovely - Congrats! I true classic I think.

With regard to the crowns debate, neither my sub nor my GMT II line up. From memory I think there's a video on YouTube by an american chap doing something about how to spot a fake Rolex.... I'm sure he said if it doesn't line up then it's fake. Maybe it's become folklore :roll:

Master

Congratulations, lovely watch :)

Craftsman

All the best with your new Rolex .
    i kept reading your previous post/comments and just did not know if you would go for it or not ??
    glad you got it , now enjoy my friend !
    you will get your house soon i am sure .
    Lee

Apprentice

Congratulations on your first Rolex! Once you've got your first, the second one is soon coming :)

My first Rolex

Well done an welcome to the club.
    "Bite my shiny metal ass."
    - Bender Bending Rodríguez